Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jan 8, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #4,276 of 6,413
MTouch system is created by Chinese team and our main market is China, so that was starting point for the system. I'm trying my best to report all your wishes and my experience to the software team and get it to the system.

Unfortunately we are neither big and rich company or mainly software company, so doing our best.

1. Well, folders should never end with period, that's something even Windows don't fully support

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/FileIO/naming-a-file

Honestly, I wasn't even able to create such file on my Windows computer to test it out.

I assume such folder was created automatically based on the tag. My advice would be to change the name to correct this error.

2. I reported this long time ago, was told they need to figure it out with fonts(apparently some problems with fonts for both Asian and European languages?)

3. Will check why it's like this and if it can be changed.

I understand that you are a small company an I am trying to be patient. But from what I understand so is Cayin and Fiio for that matter. They have been offering replaygain on their DAP's for awhile. I would assume you would be aware of what features your competition is offering on their DAP's and do the same.

I still have my M0 and I am enjoying it still and I am giving Shanling a chance to address these missing features. But having said that this experience will influence my decision on which DAP's to buy in the future and to whether or not I will keep my M0 if they aren't added. I also find the we are just a small company in China remark a little disappointing quite frankly. I would have preferred a response like, we are now aware of the desire for these features and will make sure to add them to future DAP's. That would have inspired me more to continue buying Shanling products.

Jan 8, 2019 at 5:16 AM Post #4,277 of 6,413
I am giving Shanling a chance to address these missing features.

How gracious of you. I'm sure the whole Shanling factory is on their knees, thanking you as we speak.

How about you change the tone of your messages a little? The way you phrase your "demands" makes you sound needy and spoiled. It's comments like these that can ruin the otherwise excellent communication this thread has built between Shanling and the Head-Fi community. We're talking about a $100 DAP here that, apart from your niggles, works and sounds fine. Get a little perspective.

Jan 8, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #4,280 of 6,413
soo..i dropped my M0 today and it fell pretty hard, the screen busted out from the body but still attached, i quickly put it back together and tried to turn it on....no success :frowning2:
from what i see i have two options, either:
1-someone help me to open M0 again and figure out how to fix it.
2-Shanling come to my rescue and fix my device or replace it.

please.....help.... :frowning2:

Jan 8, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #4,282 of 6,413
soo..i dropped my M0 today and it fell pretty hard, the screen busted out from the body but still attached, i quickly put it back together and tried to turn it on....no success :frowning2:
from what i see i have two options, either:
1-someone help me to open M0 again and figure out how to fix it.
2-Shanling come to my rescue and fix my device or replace it.

please.....help.... :frowning2:
Actually you only have one option: buy another one.

Jan 8, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #4,283 of 6,413
How gracious of you. I'm sure the whole Shanling factory is on their knees, thanking you as we speak.

How about you change the tone of your messages a little? The way you phrase your "demands" makes you sound needy and spoiled. It's comments like these that can ruin the otherwise excellent communication this thread has built between Shanling and the Head-Fi community. We're talking about a $100 DAP here that, apart from your niggles, works and sounds fine. Get a little perspective.

Actually a $140.00 DAP plus tax for me :) I doubt comments from little old me will derail this thread. Last I checked I wasn't the only one asking about not making a demand for certain features. I don't recall saying add these features or else. Merely pointing out that if and when the long discussed features do appear will affect future DAP purchases and whether Shanling will be a consideration. Sorry if I am not as patient as some people but as a certain feature being in the offing at some point convinced me not to return my M0 I just want to be sure they are still going to add it and when. Six months may not seem like a long time to wait for you with no update but it is for me.

As an owner of this product who wants it to get the features discussed I have a right to press for information. Also as an owner of a small business I would never say to a client or customer, hey I am just a small business owner cut me some slack. I deliver on what I promise or I go out of business. Kind of like it when the companies I buy from have a positive attitude like that and don't make excuses.

Jan 8, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #4,284 of 6,413
I understand that you are a small company an I am trying to be patient. But from what I understand so is Cayin and Fiio for that matter. They have been offering replaygain on their DAP's for awhile. I would assume you would be aware of what features your competition is offering on their DAP's and do the same.

I still have my M0 and I am enjoying it still and I am giving Shanling a chance to address these missing features. But having said that this experience will influence my decision on which DAP's to buy in the future and to whether or not I will keep my M0 if they aren't added. I also find the we are just a small company in China remark a little disappointing quite frankly. I would have preferred a response like, we are now aware of the desire for these features and will make sure to add them to future DAP's. That would have inspired me more to continue buying Shanling products.
Just sell it already and move on. Your wants are not their priority, and if you can't deal with the way they do things and their time lines, then just sell it and move on. It's not like this is the first time you've done the whole passive aggressive threatening. It's not the first time you've played the "I own my own business card" either. It's just old.

Jan 8, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #4,286 of 6,413
Anyone use the Shanling M0 as a bluetooth receiver for a larger DAP? Thinking the Shanling M0 might have a place if I ever upgrade as just a bluetooth receiver, so my bigger DAC can sit in my gym bag and the Shanling can be clipped to me.

For best audio quality, you'd want a DAP that can transmit BT LDAC, like the Shanling M5s, the Sony DAPs, or an Android device running at least Android 8. I've used both an LG V30 and a Google Nexus 7 (2013).
I did determine that the recently updated Linux Bluetooth drivers can be installed, and enable LDAC transmitting on my Linux Mint netbook (from 2011).

Jan 8, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #4,287 of 6,413
For best audio quality, you'd want a DAP that can transmit BT LDAC, like the Shanling M5s, the Sony DAPs, or an Android device running at least Android 8. I've used both an LG V30 and a Google Nexus 7 (2013).
I did determine that the recently updated Linux Bluetooth drivers can be installed, and enable LDAC transmitting on my Linux Mint netbook (from 2011).

Nice. I need to get around to turning my Acer Chromebook 15 into a Linux book, but dang does it work well just as is.

Jan 8, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #4,290 of 6,413
Does anyone have any issues with the volume suddenly going down to 0?

It has happened 3 or 4 times since I got my M0 at launch, at first I thought I just hooked the wheel somehow, but today while sitting down perfectly still the volume went all the way down to 0 on it's own while I was watching the wheel being perfectly still.
Not an issue yet, but it has me worried if this will become more frequent as time goes by...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back