Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jul 16, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #5,341 of 6,413
I just recently got one bc I was impressed by the iPhone BT -> M0 -> IEM (kind of like the ES100).

The SQ is really good! They have a nice DAC going there. Pocketable too.

Can any other users comment on the battery? Ex: with BT, without, standby, hours played etc.

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:50 PM Post #5,342 of 6,413
Can any other users comment on the battery? Ex: with BT, without, standby, hours played etc.

Did you search this thread for 'battery'. There has been quite a lot of discussion on the subject.

The battery indicator is nothing to go by, with BT it lasts shorter than without, standby works really well and the advertised battery life is optimistic like with all manufacturers.

You should try it for yourself to see how long it lasts under your conditions as there are many variables including the type/bitrate of files played, how long/often you have the screen on etc.

Jul 17, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #5,343 of 6,413
Hello, i'm waiting for my m0.. i come from a bad experience with fiio m3k not playing gapless so i hope this function will be as smooth as it is on foobar or poweramp...
anyway, i have another question: is it possible to organize the music library by album artist? with compilations or featuring it will be kind of a mess, and the best way to list music for me is by artist -> album

thanks!

Jul 17, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #5,344 of 6,413
Hello, i'm waiting for my m0.. i come from a bad experience with fiio m3k not playing gapless so i hope this function will be as smooth as it is on foobar or poweramp...
anyway, i have another question: is it possible to organize the music library by album artist? with compilations or featuring it will be kind of a mess, and the best way to list music for me is by artist -> album

thanks!
Sadly it doesn't do AlbumArtist. However it does do Composer. If you don't have any classical music, you can copy the AlbumArtist tag to the Composer tag in each of your music files and then sort by Composer. You can automate the setting of the tag using, for example, the 'Auto Tag From Filename' function in MediaMonkey and do the whole library in one go. This assumes that the Album Artist forms part of the pathname in your music library which I'm sure it does already.

Gapless works fine with FLACs. Not guaranteed with MP3s on any DAP but it mostly works anyway.

Jul 17, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #5,345 of 6,413
Thanks. I really hope it does with my mp3 because I decided to go with this format for a series of reasons. Good on the composer tip. Since my album artist tag are well organized it should work just fine. Can't wait to put my hands on it. I just sent back a fiio m3k because of the gapless function not really doing its job (also poor UX)

Jul 17, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #5,346 of 6,413
For those who are having this apparent issue, i tried to replicate this issue and I think I might sort of get what you're saying. However, I found that (using my index finger for interacting with the display), if I hold the M0 steady between my thumb and ring finger then the touch responsiveness is normal.
This leads me to believe that maybe the issue is that, because the M0 is so light, when you're trying to swipe on the display the entire unit is moving which lessens the force you're applying on the display and so it's not registering the inputs correctly.
I think it's more than that... I have this problem in spades, to the point that my Shanling m0 is unusable. Right out of the box, whether I'm holding it or not, it jitters continuously registering phantom swipes and taps. I can't even get it back to the system menu to update the firmware to see if that will fix it.

It's like this video but worse:

I have sent them email but have received no response. Amazon wants me to wait 48 hours before returning it. They're at 31 hours and counting.

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #5,347 of 6,413
I think it's more than that... I have this problem in spades, to the point that my Shanling m0 is unusable. Right out of the box, whether I'm holding it or not, it jitters continuously registering phantom swipes and taps. I can't even get it back to the system menu to update the firmware to see if that will fix it.

It's like this video but worse:

I have sent them email but have received no response. Amazon wants me to wait 48 hours before returning it. They're at 31 hours and counting.

Unfortunately this is problem in hardware part of display assembly, please contact your seller for replacement (Note: Our products are not sold by Amazon, but by our dealers through Amazon).

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jul 17, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #5,349 of 6,413
@Shanling any confirmation on the gapless mp3 fix? I read in a previous post of yours that this was a problem to be addressed.

Also, any plan on doing "album artist" tag sorting? I think this will be another wery welcomed feature.

Thanks!

Unfortunately no change on not ideal gapless on mp3 files.

I put album artist on list of features to add months ago, unfortunately so far with no results.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jul 18, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #5,350 of 6,413
Unfortunately no change on not ideal gapless on mp3 files.

I put album artist on list of features to add months ago, unfortunately so far with no results.

Thanks, is it possible to also push the mp3 gapless on the list? I think I'm not alone with this request. It is vital to me and I returned a fiio because of this.

Eventually any other shanling player that already has it? Thanks again!

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #5,352 of 6,413
There is gapless playback for mp3 but it is not always perfect. A lot depends on how the mp3's were encoded. There are many encoders and not all do things equally well. My experience with LAME encoded mp3's I created myself has been quite good on the M0.

that is a kind of good news, all the music i ripped myself was done with LAME so i must be fine, but i'm not sure about all the other files i bought. i'll see when i get the player) i hope it will be fixed as perfect for all codecs tho, and play fine like in foobar or poweramp.

i'll report back when i get the player in my hands :)

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #5,353 of 6,413
Since the last update I had a couple of moments where the touchscreen wasn't working. I was able to change operate with the wheel (wake the device, change tracks and volume) but pressing on UI elements didn't work. It's not a hardware issue cuz when it happens I just restart the device and it works again + it never happened to me before 3.0. Anyone else?

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #5,354 of 6,413
Since the last update I had a couple of moments where the touchscreen wasn't working. I was able to change operate with the wheel (wake the device, change tracks and volume) but pressing on UI elements didn't work. It's not a hardware issue cuz when it happens I just restart the device and it works again + it never happened to me before 3.0. Anyone else?
Yes, I seem to have the same occasional issue.

Jul 19, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #5,355 of 6,413

I can confirm it happened to me too at least once or twice. Restarting the device always fixed it so I didn't give it much thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back