Shanling IEMs Discussion/Impressions - March 2024, New ME600 Announced, Five-Driver Hybrid at 329 USD
Jan 3, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #168 of 227
Any review/impression on me700 lite?

We send out some review units recently, so in few weeks you should see them covered by different sites.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 17, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #169 of 227
Will I lite this? :p

IMG_20210117_204241_341.jpg

Jan 21, 2021 at 12:02 AM Post #170 of 227
I am a little confused the original me700 was released 2 years ago? And this is me700 lite a new retouch but differently tuned?

Jan 21, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #171 of 227
I am a little confused the original me700 was released 2 years ago? And this is me700 lite a new retouch but differently tuned?
I think ME700 (black/gold) was anounced 2 years ago and released last year. The ME700 Lite (white) was announced/released at the end of last year and is re-tuned (supposedly more focused on details). The biggest difference is that the ME700 has a gold-coated DD, while the ME700 Lite has a titanium-coated DD. I'm waiting on some impression/reviews of ME700 Lite, since as far as I know there aren't any out there.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2021 at 12:28 AM Post #172 of 227
I think ME700 (black/gold) was anounced 2 years ago and released last year. The ME700 Lite (white) was announced/released at the end of last year and is re-tuned (supposedly more focused on details). The biggest difference is that the ME700 has a gold-coated DD, while the ME700 Lite has a titanium-coated DD. I'm waiting on some impression/reviews of ME700 Lite, since as far as I know there aren't any out there.

Thanks

From what you are saying the black and gold would definitely be my type of sound. I haven't seen a y on sale at musicteck yet so neither one is out yet?

Wonder if it has an anti air pressure system?

Jan 21, 2021 at 12:45 AM Post #173 of 227
Thanks

From what you are saying the black and gold would definitely be my type of sound. I haven't seen a y on sale at musicteck yet so neither one is out yet?

Wonder if it has an anti air pressure system?

Musictek carried a small quantity of the ME700 for a short time, but never brought it back after it sold out. They are in stock at Audio46 and Apos Audio in the US. ME700 Lite is not available in the US yet afaik.

I think they have venting for the DD, but no specific anti air pressure system.

Jan 21, 2021 at 1:30 AM Post #174 of 227

Market release of ME700 was early 2020. ME700 Lite was released at the end of 2020. They share same amount of drivers, but are different in most other aspects.

Both are in production and serving as our co-flagship.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 21, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #175 of 227
Market release of ME700 was early 2020. ME700 Lite was released at the end of 2020. They share same amount of drivers, but are different in most other aspects.

Both are in production and serving as our co-flagship.

May I ask as I have been using my 64 audio iems and they have this apex technology to remove air pressure on ear drums. It has like valves to release the pressure.

Would I have this air pressure problem with me700? I am a little sensitive on that pressure I tried other iems and after 2 hours I get that pressure paine. But some other iems do it less...

How much decibels of noise isolation do the me700 offer?

Thanks!

Jan 21, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #177 of 227
May I ask as I have been using my 64 audio iems and they have this apex technology to remove air pressure on ear drums. It has like valves to release the pressure.

Would I have this air pressure problem with me700? I am a little sensitive on that pressure I tried other iems and after 2 hours I get that pressure paine. But some other iems do it less...

How much decibels of noise isolation do the me700 offer?

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm aware of Apex/Adel and their claims. One ME700 we have no such venting.

About average isolation one the ME700. We do not have exact measurements for this.

Jan 26, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #178 of 227
unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (3).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

Shanling ME700 lite

An audition was performed by connecting to the 2.5mm balanced terminal of the E1DA 9038SG3 and 3.5mm out of the iphone 6S.

Immediately after first listening session of the ME700 lite, I could tell the transparency and resolution level are extremely high.
For Mid to High frequency range, ME700 lite almost matches the IT07's detail retrieval level and only drops slightly behind on bass resolution.
Dynamic rises quickly and the image is very clear. One thing I noticed with the ME700 lite's imaging is that fine sound grains are tightly packed inside, and yet the images of the instruments are well separated. For a hybrid IEM, timbre is very good and have no peculiar habits, and even if I listen at high sound pressure level, my ears were not stressed as distortion level seemed quite low. I was also impressed by the clear separation of each note in the bass, and the faithful reproduction of the changes in timbre down to the lowest octave. Overall all frequency ranges are integrated harmoniously to make it quite musically accurate sound.

Also one thing I found interesting was that no matter what genre I listen to, I heard the optimal sound, as if this was tuned for that individual genre.
I think balanced frequency response is one of the attributing factor for this impression. Genres I tried were classical, jazz, hip hop, rock, metals, and folk.

First, I tried songs centered on live musical instruments. In Bill Evans Trio's masterpiece "My Foolish Heart", I paid attention to the relaxed piano sound at the beginning.
The ME700 lite shows a delicate touch and intonation. When listening with earphones such as Legacy 4 or TSMR-5, the sound becomes bit thin and it is difficult to understand how it spreads in the space, but with the ME700, it gently extends into a wider space. In the following, cymbal, the luscious fine sound of the sizzle and the sound of the snare with a brush do not become a lump, but are intertwined with the relaxed piano. It's a pleasant sound that makes you feel like you're listening to live music.

Then, "Respighi: Symphonic Poem Roman Pine" (Boston Symphony Orchestra) conducted by Seiji Ozawa is played. A high-energy performance is unfolded in a large space that does not make you feel the ceiling. The sound of orchestra is faithfully open and spacious. Even the details of low-volume woodwind instruments are heard clearly. String instruments are silky smooth from the mid to high frequencies. Even in the part where the sound changes finely, the sound of a quick attack approaches one after another with natural decay. I enjoyed the brilliant scale of playback which perfectly achieved both smoothness and speed.

Now after all this praise, there are few cons I need to disclose. ME700 Lite's cable is pretty bad: noodly, feels cheap and only single ended. Shell is on a larger size and maybe challenging for some to fit them properly. Also similar to my Andromeda, because of its impedance curve, it is super sensitive to output Z. I felt the iphone 6S with a Z-out of 4ish ohms was better match than >1ohm of E1DA.

Overall, the Shanling's flagship IEM lived up to its price tag and then some. ME700 lite provides a balanced sound with very pleasant treble and an open, spacious soundstage. Blindfolded, you’d hear that you were in the presence of a big, dynamic, full-range, and incredibly balanced set. You might not know how much it cost, but you’d know it was expensive. With your eyes open, you’d see that you were paying for gorgeous white shell and superb presentation (sans noodly cable) and finish.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 6:55 AM Post #180 of 227
unnamed (1).jpgunnamed (3).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg
Shanling ME700 lite

An audition was performed by connecting to the 2.5mm balanced terminal of the E1DA 9038SG3 and 3.5mm out of the iphone 6S.

Immediately after first listening session of the ME700 lite, I could tell the transparency and resolution level are extremely high.
For Mid to High frequency range, ME700 lite almost matches the IT07's detail retrieval level and only drops slightly behind on bass resolution.
Dynamic rises quickly and the image is very clear. One thing I noticed with the ME700 lite's imaging is that fine sound grains are tightly packed inside, and yet the images of the instruments are well separated. For a hybrid IEM, timbre is very good and have no peculiar habits, and even if I listen at high sound pressure level, my ears were not stressed as distortion level seemed quite low. I was also impressed by the clear separation of each note in the bass, and the faithful reproduction of the changes in timbre down to the lowest octave. Overall all frequency ranges are integrated harmoniously to make it quite musically accurate sound.

Also one thing I found interesting was that no matter what genre I listen to, I heard the optimal sound, as if this was tuned for that individual genre.
I think balanced frequency response is one of the attributing factor for this impression. Genres I tried were classical, jazz, hip hop, rock, metals, and folk.

First, I tried songs centered on live musical instruments. In Bill Evans Trio's masterpiece "My Foolish Heart", I paid attention to the relaxed piano sound at the beginning.
The ME700 lite shows a delicate touch and intonation. When listening with earphones such as Legacy 4 or TSMR-5, the sound becomes bit thin and it is difficult to understand how it spreads in the space, but with the ME700, it gently extends into a wider space. In the following, cymbal, the luscious fine sound of the sizzle and the sound of the snare with a brush do not become a lump, but are intertwined with the relaxed piano. It's a pleasant sound that makes you feel like you're listening to live music.

Then, "Respighi: Symphonic Poem Roman Pine" (Boston Symphony Orchestra) conducted by Seiji Ozawa is played. A high-energy performance is unfolded in a large space that does not make you feel the ceiling. The sound of orchestra is faithfully open and spacious. Even the details of low-volume woodwind instruments are heard clearly. String instruments are silky smooth from the mid to high frequencies. Even in the part where the sound changes finely, the sound of a quick attack approaches one after another with natural decay. I enjoyed the brilliant scale of playback which perfectly achieved both smoothness and speed.

Now after all this praise, there are few cons I need to disclose. ME700 Lite's cable is pretty bad: noodly, feels cheap and only single ended. Shell is on a larger size and maybe challenging for some to fit them properly. Also similar to my Andromeda, because of its impedance curve, it is super sensitive to output Z. I felt the iphone 6S with a Z-out of 4ish ohms was better match than >1ohm of E1DA.

Overall, the Shanling's flagship IEM lived up to its price tag and then some. ME700 lite provides a balanced sound with very pleasant treble and an open, spacious soundstage. Blindfolded, you’d hear that you were in the presence of a big, dynamic, full-range, and incredibly balanced set. You might not know how much it cost, but you’d know it was expensive. With your eyes open, you’d see that you were paying for gorgeous white shell and superb presentation (sans noodly cable) and finish.

Wonder if you had a chance to listen to the ME700 not the lite version? Is the lite better or just different tonal tuning?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back