SFLO:2 from Clip+.....worth it?
Jun 2, 2011 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mosshorn

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey all, the title pretty much describes the question. I currently have a Clip+, and will be getting a Fiio E11 soon. Should I save the money for some other upgrade (new cups for grados, recable, possible new headphones), or would be upgrade be worth it soundwise?

Jun 4, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #3 of 5
I think it willbe great upgrade over Clip+ if amplified(S:Flo2 + E11 + Cryo Mini to Mini + Grado).

Jun 6, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #5 of 5
having owned both as well as MS1's (modified grados)........ No!

From a pure sound perspective of course... the sflo is a great sounding player.  However its actually using the damm thing thats the problem the firmware is not great and the touchscreen is nonsense!  battery life is garbage too.

After trying enough players to make a grown man cry i finally settled on the cube C30 and is def a step up from the clip+ although UI is still not as polished as the clip+.

Looonnnnngggg story short my cube died (my fault) and im back to the clip+ whilst i wait to see the offerings from fiio and teclast (makers of sflo) later this year.  In the short term i have a Digizoid ZO which im really hopeful here but will give it full hell if its no good lol so ill write back on that next week.

Option I would upgrade my clip+ for .... Hifiman 60x models, cowons (even older models eg d2+), possibly the colorfly CK4 high end model (although would wait a bit till it gets more stable)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back