Sexually ambiguous avatars?
Mar 5, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #16 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
So how 'bout a pic of ones self???
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Mariah's better looking than me, and I haven't got a digital camera yet.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Best wishes,

Paul.

Mar 5, 2005 at 7:50 PM Post #17 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
So how 'bout a pic of ones self???
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Looking at myself in the mirror is hard enough, seeing myself every time I post something would mentally scar me for life.

Mar 5, 2005 at 7:56 PM Post #19 of 105
Chick is not a word that I use in normal conversation, but for some reason that's what I typed. The entire post is meant as a "Joke". Not really intended as a serious topic.

Mar 5, 2005 at 8:00 PM Post #20 of 105
I once had a photo of myself as my avatar. Rather, a highly stylized moody B&W self portrait, wearing HD 280s. I switched it out for the Geek Dude (from the Switch to Linux flash animatino) awhile back, and did so on other forums I frequent. It's pretty much an embodiment of how I view myself.

Mar 5, 2005 at 8:03 PM Post #21 of 105
I find this quite normal. Many forums do this. Females often have hot male avatars, while men have female. Not weird or anything. I used to do it.

Mar 5, 2005 at 8:13 PM Post #23 of 105
Well, I always felt that an avatar should be representative of the person whose avatar it is. That's why I chose my eye for my avatar.

Mar 5, 2005 at 9:45 PM Post #26 of 105
I used to use a picture of Maynard James Keenan, but now I juse use a picture of my Millet's tubes that I took
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2005 at 10:39 PM Post #29 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes
Chick is not a word that I use in normal conversation, but for some reason that's what I typed. The entire post is meant as a "Joke". Not really intended as a serious topic.

I'm quite sure, at least I hope...
biggrin.gif
, you dont look like one of them:

http://members.cox.net/sciatica/images/wildandcrazy.jpg

Amicalement

P.S. Dont read too much in what I wrote earlier, I have used myself the French version of it (chick=pitoune) in some occasions when I used to work with my friends on landscaping projects...
biggrin.gif

Mar 5, 2005 at 10:48 PM Post #30 of 105
I've always tried to keep my avatar as close to the real me as is humanly possible..... sure it denotes sexual attraction, class, panache, quality etc..... I can't help exuding attributes others can only dream about
tongue.gif

eric1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back