Sexiest headphones.
Jan 23, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #46 of 190

Quote:
My thoughts exactly, actually among the ugliest headphones I've seen. I don't know how one can find the TMA-1 sexy looking either though. :O They look like Frankenstein's monster equality in headphones to me!

the whole color of them is extremely unappealing.

Jan 23, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #47 of 190

Quote:
the whole color of them is extremely unappealing.

What! It's matte black! What's not to love about matte black!
Had it been a matte plastic black, it would have looked cheap, but the reflectivity of the rubber avoids that pothole.  

Quote:
My thoughts exactly, actually among the ugliest headphones I've seen. I don't know how one can find the TMA-1 sexy looking either though. :O They look like Frankenstein's monster equality in headphones to me!

So many ugly headphones in this thread, and you consider the TMA-1s the equivalent of Frankenstein's monster? I know that minimalism isn't everybody's cup of tea, but surely, the award of Frankenstein's monster would go to the V-modas in the OP's picture!
I think that the TMA-1s are sleek and understated, which appeals to me. Perhaps I have spent too many hours admiring minimalist architecture in my studies haha
I actually purchased the TMAs because of the way they looked, fully knowing that they had recessed treble and would not satisfy my audio cravings. >_<

For the record, I also find the Audio Technica W1000x's wooden cups alluring. Too bad the finish looks much better in photos than they feel in the hands.

Jan 23, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #48 of 190
TBH this thread's topic title was "sexy" looking headphones though, for me sexy doesn't mean the same as beautiful. Sexy for me is more a sleek look, glossy etc. If it had said beautiful looking headphones I'd post different headphones (such as a nice choice of wood for Thunderpants), but since it said "sexy" I thought V-Moda was very appropriate. :p

Just like women, there are lots of sexy women but there's also a lot of beautiful women, they don't mean the same to me, there's sexy but ugly and not so sexy but beautiful too! 

Jan 23, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #49 of 190
Just like women, there are lots of sexy women but there's also a lot of beautiful women, they don't mean the same to me, there's sexy but ugly and not so sexy but beautiful too! 
 ​
I don't really make a distinction for women or for headphones or anything else. Beautiful = beautiful. If I like it I like it.

Jan 23, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #50 of 190

Quote:
 ​
I don't really make a distinction for women or for headphones or anything else. Beautiful = beautiful. If I like it I like it.

Yea my point was simply sexy != beautiful like many here interprets it like. They are two different meanings and not synonyms, that's all. I find Beats headphones sexy looking but not beautiful. It wouldn't look sexy on me but on the right type of person it does but I can't see the sexy side of TMA-1 whoever would be wearing them and certainly doesn't look sexy on their own either! :p

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #51 of 190
I don't really agree that "sexy != beautiful". I think it's just a certain kind of beauty. Because I can't really imagine something that's "sexy" while simultaneously "ugly".

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #52 of 190
Beauty is a transcendental that is not encompassed by the term "sexy," and they are not synonymous with one another. Something that is sexy can be beautiful as well, but not necessarily. Just like the act of sex itself: sex can involve love and be an expression of love, but not necessarily.

And just because something that is sexy isn't beautiful doesn't mean that it's ugly. That is to say, "not beautiful" isn't necessarily "ugly." Something can have a certain magnetism and one can lust or desire something without finding it beautiful.

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #53 of 190
Being an owner I might be biased but something about the 650s just makes me smile. Also agree not a big fan about the way beats look.

Quote:
I'm still a big fan of the HD650's. It has a subtly refined, professional, "classy" look with a touch of artistic beauty and simplicity.
sen-hd650_2.jpg

On the other hand, for some reason I've always found Beats to be rather ugly to me (I know most people wouldn't agree). Beats have a baby-toy look for some reason, to my interpretation.

Jan 23, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #54 of 190
sexy is subjective...

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #55 of 190
The Sony Qualia 010 to me is sexy without being beautiful, per se.  Kind of like some perky goths.  I'm having trouble thinking of one that is beautiful but not necessarily sexy.  I suppose a lot of people would find woodies to be such.

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #56 of 190

Quote:
The Sony Qualia 010 to me is sexy without being beautiful, per se.  Kind of like some perky goths.  I'm having trouble thinking of one that is beautiful but not necessarily sexy.  I suppose a lot of people would find woodies to be such.

To me the Qualia is more like an anorexic Supermodel. Gorgeous in her own way but not the kind of girl you want to screw* because it looks like you would break her. You want a headphone with more meat on it's bones and a nice big bubble butt, lol.

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #59 of 190
exceptionally suitable analogy. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back