Seriously why so much hate on Bose?
Jun 4, 2010 at 4:04 AM Post #6 of 187
No one really gave a reasonable answer yet.
popcorn.gif

Jun 4, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #7 of 187
They are terribly overpriced for what you get IMO.  The money you pay for any Bose product is mostly for the name on it.

Jun 4, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #10 of 187

Quote:
Okay...

All I hear is the same, overpriced for what you get.

Only offering as to why is

but no explanation as to what is wrong with it.

Bose doesn't seem to offer specs for their products, how convenient.

Neither does Monster - have you seen the appreciation threads for the IEMs?

Quote:
Yep, Bose always seems overpriced.

I bought the triport on-ear for £100 many years ago BHF (before Head-Fi
wink.gif
).  I have since gone onto Grado 325is and Denon 1001.  Compared to these yes they are over priced.

However compared to the Bowers P5 with I demoed a mates set - they are nowhere near 2.5 times better than my bose.  They are better, but the overpriced aspect is relative to what they are being compared to IMO

Jun 4, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #13 of 187
I own Bose speakers, but haven't bothered changing around due to costs of another set up and the fact that I am still a student so it's really just a rig I have with my laptop.

Had I done more research first, I'd have probably tried something else; but that being said I am probably wrong in saying this, but with movies, they are alright and perhaps better equipped, but if you are going for pure musicality I would fathom that another speaker set up would put you in a better position.

the main plus point, they probably are, design wise, loads better than a lot of other speakers out there lol

I'm still happy with my IE8s and honestly, I probably prefer the musicality from them.

Jun 4, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #14 of 187

Quote:

Neither does Monster - have you seen the appreciation threads for the IEMs?

I bought the triport on-ear for £100 many years ago BHF (before Head-Fi
wink.gif
).  I have since gone onto Grado 325is and Denon 1001.  Compared to these yes they are over priced.

However compared to the Bowers P5 with I demoed a mates set - they are nowhere near 2.5 times better than my bose.  They are better, but the overpriced aspect is relative to what they are being compared to IMO

No, but I will check them out.

And what makes them overpriced?

Jun 4, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #15 of 187
Bose is overpriced for their sound quality.

Like the Bose Around Ear (aka Triports).

Get the JVC HA-S700 and compare them. They look nearly identical, the JVC's build is better (and is better looking IMHO), and the sound is comparable.

Bose AE: $130
JVC HA-S700: $25-$30

I don't think the Bose sounds bad, just not in the range of their price. Had they been about $40, then they'd be a decent pair of headphones... and even then, I like the HA-S700 more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back