September 16th Vancouver Head-Fi MEET!
Sep 12, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #256 of 408
Quote:
I'll probably just transfer a few thousand songs on an external drive. Only because I don't have any flash drives over 8Gb 
rolleyes.gif
. I'd like to keep a varied collection for demoing, since most meets I just bring an iPod, and I always end up regretting not having on hand that one song that you suddenly want to try with a particular piece of gear.

Don't bring an iPod, it won't do certain equipment justice.  Give it flak....(flac,..ha.ha) and hopefully you get the possible sound. 
I don't think there is anything wrong with bringing an external drive, if anything, you can reference anything you want and not have to worry about it after you go home.  It's always nice to know what different genres of music sound like over certain sound systems.

Sep 12, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #257 of 408
Quote:
Don't bring an iPod, it won't do certain equipment justice.  Give it flak....(flac,..ha.ha) and hopefully you get the possible sound. 
I don't think there is anything wrong with bringing an external drive, if anything, you can reference anything you want and not have to worry about it after you go home.  It's always nice to know what different genres of music sound like over certain sound systems.

iPods are worth listening if they're Rockboxed. And without Rockbox, most of then sound pretty good as well

Sep 12, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #258 of 408
Bought some name tags and alcohol wipes. Come to my table at the meet for a name tag. Whoever needs wipes, I'll have some handy as well.

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #259 of 408

iPods are worth listening if they're Rockboxed. And without Rockbox, most of then sound pretty good as well

Or, if they are like mine, mated to an algorythm solo via custom silver interconnect and full of wav files :D

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #260 of 408
Quote:
Or, if they are like mine, mated to an algorythm solo via custom silver interconnect and full of wav files
biggrin.gif

I really wanna see what that Solo can do to my iPhone... All MP3 files in my phone, that's why I'm not a fan of Apple sources. I'm a FLAC junkie haha. Go Hifiman and Cowon for portable sources!

Sep 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #262 of 408
Bought some name tags and alcohol wipes. Come to my table at the meet for a name tag. Whoever needs wipes, I'll have some handy as well.

Hopefully the people will take your wipes more than mine because mine are damn expensive and hard to get without tons of shopping Fee...

:wink:

Sep 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #263 of 408
Quote:
Hopefully the people will take your wipes more than mine because mine are damn expensive and hard to get without tons of shopping Fee...
wink.gif

Hey what are you talking about?! I just bought them and they were $3 before taxes for a pack of 100! Bargain of the century. Shoppers Drug Mart down the street of where both you and I live hahaha

Sep 12, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #265 of 408
Quote:

AAC and LAME MP3 has come a long, long way. It's transparent enough that I usually fail ABX tests on foobar with 320 ABR AAC vs FLAC. That's on the LCD-2 w/ DAC-1. Which is a plenty resolving rig. I don't doubt others can hear the difference, but it's a good thing for my iPod that I can't 
beyersmile.png

Nothing against flac, hell 2/3 of my library's filled with it. But that's mostly for archival purposes. I could live with AAC any day.

Might not be able to bring more than 200GBs of music though, my only spare external drive is pretty full already. And this meet might be the last time where I can bring the Westones. Planning to reshell with driver upgrades eventually!

Sep 12, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #266 of 408
Hope you guys have enough power to feed my very power hungry Vintage AKGs!! So far, I found my EF5 and the Lyr to have enough juice to power them, will be curious to see what other setups sound like with a timeless headphone.

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #267 of 408
Hope you guys have enough power to feed my very power hungry Vintage AKGs!! So far, I found my EF5 and the Lyr to have enough juice to power them, will be curious to see what other setups sound like with a timeless headphone.

I have good news and bad news.

The good news is I made a cable with 4 pin Neutrik connector for the speaker taps of my Carver Receiver. That's 130 WPC for you planar magnetic headphone owners. The Carver is a real treat no matter how you plug into it.

The bad news is my Lawton Audio D7000's will not be back from Surgery in time for the meet. Shortiefish's D2000's will have to fill in.

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #268 of 408
frown.gif
 Looked forward to listening to those Denons.

Well, the D2000 will be there. Still quite excited, as they would be the first time I get to hear Denons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back