September 16th Vancouver Head-Fi MEET!
Sep 13, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #271 of 408
My babies will do their best to take the D7ks place for a while, I promise! That really does suck, though. I kinda miss them :'c

The D2ks are kinda similar to the D7ks sound-wise anyway, so hopefully it won't be that bad. May they treat us well. And to you guys who haven't heard Denons before-- I'm pretty confident you'll like them no matter what. They're a great headphone.

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #272 of 408
Pfff who needs headphones to have a good time? I'm all about the humanly interaction! But jokes aside, it is sad news to hear that the LA7000s won't be at the meet.

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #273 of 408
Quote:
Pfff who needs headphones to have a good time? I'm all about the humanly interaction! But jokes aside, it is sad news to hear that the LA7000s won't be at the meet.

If I could, I'd definitely trade a couple of fresh people in exchange for a Stax rig 
wink.gif
 Who needs human interaction when you have electrostats?

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #274 of 408
Quote:
My babies will do their best to take the D7ks place for a while, I promise! That really does suck, though. I kinda miss them :'c

The D2ks are kinda similar to the D7ks sound-wise anyway, so hopefully it won't be that bad. May they treat us well. And to you guys who haven't heard Denons before-- I'm pretty confident you'll like them no matter what. They're a great headphone.

Always wanted the D2000s, but prices here in Canada are abysmal... Never seen one in real life yet.

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #275 of 408
Quote:
Always wanted the D2000s, but prices here in Canada are abysmal... Never seen one in real life yet.

My dad got them for me for my birthday back in April. Apparently they were on sale for $200 (normally they're like $400, but that'll probably change soon since they're discontinued)!

I love them so much. ;v;

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #276 of 408

Quote:
My dad got them for me for my birthday back in April. Apparently they were on sale for $200 (normally they're like $400, but that'll probably change soon since they're discontinued)!

I love them so much. ;v;

triportsad.gif
 I'd love it if people were willing to buy me audio gear as a present, let alone any of my family members. The only person in our family who is into audio would be my uncle, and he works mostly with speakers.

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #277 of 408
Quote:
triportsad.gif
 I'd love it if people were willing to buy me audio gear as a present, let alone any of my family members. The only person in our family who is into audio would be my uncle, and he works mostly with speakers.

Hey, speakers are p cool too! We've got some awesome Sennheiser towers in the basement hooked up to the TV.

Oh my goodness this meet is gonna be so parfait. I am so excited!

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #279 of 408
Sep 13, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #280 of 408
Quote:
I wasn't aware Sennheiser had speakers. I thought they had bought out other companies who handle their speaker department, like Klein & Hummel. 

Speaking of which, my uncle has these for one of his rigs. http://www.neumann-kh-line.com/neumann-kh/home_en.nsf/root/prof-monitoring_studio-monitors_midfield-monitors_O410 
tongue_smile.gif

That reminds me, I should really get around to spending some quality time with him 
wink.gif

Hm. In any case, they say Sennheiser on them, so I can only assume that's what they are... They are nice, though.

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #281 of 408
No, I don't think Sennheiser makes loudspeakers either. The towers Shortiefish is thinking of are Definitive Technology Mythos ST powered speakers.

http://definitivetech.com/products/mythos-st-system

I bet those Neumann's sound nice! Active monitors are really the way to go if your system (and room) is set up for them.

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #283 of 408
Quote:

Hey what are you talking about?! I just bought them and they were $3 before taxes for a pack of 100! Bargain of the century. Shoppers Drug Mart down the street of where both you and I live hahaha

Oh cool, finally!  What section did you find them in?  Brand or anything else to help identify them would be helpful too if you don't mind.

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #285 of 408
Quote:
No, I don't think Sennheiser makes loudspeakers either. The towers Shortiefish is thinking of are Definitive Technology Mythos ST powered speakers.

http://definitivetech.com/products/mythos-st-system

I bet those Neumann's sound nice! Active monitors are really the way to go if your system (and room) is set up for them.

Speaking of Sennheiser, does anyone have an idea when the Momentum will be available here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back