September 16th Vancouver Head-Fi MEET!
Sep 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #304 of 408
Quote:
I wouldn't post my number online like that. Instead, say that if anyone wants to reach you via phone, they can PM you for your number.

I don't really mind. I'm fully aware of scammers, ads, etc and I never answer a call with a blocked number or an unfamiliar area code.

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #305 of 408
Quote:

I don't really mind. I'm fully aware of scammers, ads, etc and I never answer a call with a blocked number or an unfamiliar area code.

It's not that, phone numbers are an extremely easy way of finding addresses. Someone in this thread just got their LCD-2 stolen, I'd be more careful. Probably should just PM members who ask for it.

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #306 of 408
It's not that, phone numbers are an extremely easy way of finding addresses. Someone in this thread just got their LCD-2 stolen, I'd be more careful. Probably should just PM members who ask for it.

I would agree with this and GG's concerns. The healthiest way to be on the internet is to give as little private information about yourself as possible, you never know who lurks behind the keyboard!

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #307 of 408
I suppose that the safe route is often the best route. I just want to minimize inbox flooding, that's all. Okay change in plans, no more phone #. PM me instead.

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #308 of 408
Sadly, the tracking # on my DAC1 PRE says that they have been stuck at customs for 2-3 days. Unless the tracking is in fact, wrong, and they magically appear here by Friday, I'm left without an amp/dac for the meet. I could probably bring a Fiio E10 to substitute, but I would doubt people would want to listen to that. Perhaps I could lend another amp/dac combo during the meet?
confused.gif

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #309 of 408
I mentioned a long time ago that I'll be attending, but I thought I should reconfirm. I won't require a table. I will be bringing my portable rig. iPod classic, TTVJ Slim and a Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo. I'll also bring the Senn HD-600's and Etymotic ER-4S to check out other Amp/Dacs. Looking forward to it!

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #310 of 408
Quote:
Sadly, the tracking # on my DAC1 PRE says that they have been stuck at customs for 2-3 days. Unless the tracking is in fact, wrong, and they magically appear here by Friday, I'm left without an amp/dac for the meet. I could probably bring a Fiio E10 to substitute, but I would doubt people would want to listen to that. Perhaps I could lend another amp/dac combo during the meet?
confused.gif

Fingers crossed! Shipping can be such a pain at times like this.
Quote:
I mentioned a long time ago that I'll be attending, but I thought I should reconfirm. I won't require a table. I will be bringing my portable rig. iPod classic, TTVJ Slim and a Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo. I'll also bring the Senn HD-600's and Etymotic ER-4S to check out other Amp/Dacs. Looking forward to it!

Yup I included you in the list. Thanks for reconfirming! I'll add your stuff.

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #311 of 408
Re: Mjolnir - I think I'll have it there - will find out tomorrow. Very tight! They can't make the Schiit fast enough.

They didn't have a Gunjir ready to send, so no go Gunjir. Probably two weeks till we receive them in store.

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #313 of 408
Looking forward to them :)
Quote:
Shall I confirm my attendance? And I'll only bring my W3000ANV so no table is needed.

@planx: FTFY

Attendees:
Derlus
Mutnat
PalmFish
ShortieFish
esn89
Girls Generation
Kezghan
khoi14021993
tonereef
twinQy
cegil
johthor
Slowfade
Weee
steven_1026
Travis
planx

Maybees:
iamsmrt
Slowfade (?? in the attending list)
WAYNENUMM
inline79
dabomb77766
CrocsRock
TheJeff
floydfan33
solaregg
Pure Quickness
feckn_eejit

Gear:

Headphones:

Amps:
HIfiman EF5 (with stock tubes)
TTVJ Slim
Benchmark DAC-1 PRE

DACs:

Transport:

You fill out the gear planx :p

Sep 14, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #314 of 408
Ah ty GG... Ty for more work to do on my day off 
tongue.gif

If you guys don't mind, I'll update everything later in the day. I have a few things to finish up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back