September 16th Vancouver Head-Fi MEET!
Jul 17, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #106 of 408
Updated. Anyone else confirming a spot at this meet? You're welcome to show up without notice, but it's nice to know ahead of time and equipment you're bringing. Thanks for everything guys. I'll let you know how Unique Melody and Westone sponsors turn out. They still haven't gave me a confirmed answer yet, but they have responsed with interest. As for Travis, he will give me details on sponsors when they are confirmed as well.

Any other ideas on sponsors?

Jul 17, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #107 of 408
Quote:

Already, you are superior than me. I am a huge fan of Cowon products and seeing you have the Z2, I already wanna play around with it. I was at that stage too, where all I had was a DAP and IEM. I thought it was "good" enough, but then I went a bit crazy. Now I'm at this point of no return and it's really hard to say if it's an improvement or not. Please do come though, because meets are an excellent way of trying new headphones and headphones you will never think of buying (cough cough LCD3). I can't wait till I try some headphones with my gear and vice versa. Who needs FLAC? Bring your favorite CDs and play them on my Marantz! You can even try my IEMs and Sennheisers IE800s (yes, they will most likely be there in part of Sennheiser) with your Cowons. It'll be an amazing meet with a lot of very interesting people and products. At this point in time, I'm trying to get Unique Melody and Westone to come forth and participate (Westone might be a bit more difficult..)

Very flattering post. I'm not superior to you. :)

Yeah I'm at the stage where I have consumer-grade IEM and an above-average source and similar to you, I'm beginning to see the enormous choices out there.

It is truly intimidating to see the model names of earphones/headphones listed by people like SE535, AKG328513229 or ATH-5992492, Grados, Sennheiser etc etc... It is so elite. And it is pretty funny how all of them outclass Beats headphones because very few people here mention about them :D :D

And to think some people have arsenals of these earphones/headphones is INCREDIBLE. Really shows their long dedication and pursuit of quality sound.

I think I can come but.. you'll need to bring your favourite songs on an SD card (the Z2 supports an SD card) - mine are probably pretty embarassing.
beyersmile.png

Jul 17, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #108 of 408
Trust me, I'm not your everyday 18 yearold. I'm that rare percentage of youths that despise the idea of "modern" music and the only things I listen to really is Jazz, Classical, and a few Artists here and there (Radiohead, James Blunt, Colbie Caillat just to name a few). But it's really good to come. No one's going to judge you, it's all for a fun experience. You're more than welcome to try my IEMs out (listed in first post) and see if a portable amp floats your boat. Come!

Jul 17, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #109 of 408
I'll most likely be able to make it. If I do, I'll bring my Pro900 and Monster Coppers. Unfortunately I won't have a source as I use a soundcard. If I can find my old Cowon S9, I'll bring that too.

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #110 of 408
Quote:
Trust me, I'm not your everyday 18 yearold. I'm that rare percentage of youths that despise the idea of "modern" music and the only things I listen to really is Jazz, Classical, and a few Artists here and there (Radiohead, James Blunt, Colbie Caillat just to name a few). But it's really good to come. No one's going to judge you, it's all for a fun experience. You're more than welcome to try my IEMs out (listed in first post) and see if a portable amp floats your boat. Come!

I think you and I will get along juuuuuuust fine. :D

Jul 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #112 of 408
Not really. I just recently did that with my Grado Bowls and they didn't absorb any of it. Just a quick wipe and it was done.

Jul 18, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #114 of 408
Okay, I sent a few PMs to members and sorry ahead of time if you didn't get PM. I know for some people this meet is a long time away, but for me I have a schedule to go by so I think starting a headcount/item count now is the smarter thing to do before I rush things.

Jul 18, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #115 of 408
If I am in town I will be there. Cannot confirm at present as I am traveling quite a bit.

Jul 18, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #117 of 408
Bringing recently updated LCD2 rev2, O2, ODAC, Westone ES5 with large tips (large canals) so you can try stuffing it in your ears lmao.

Might also be selling all my gear (though ES5 most likely not going to be sold) at the meet... Need the $$ for tuition @_@

It'd be nice if people with the big shot amps can mention ahead of time so I can somehow come up with custom cables terminated in whatever.

Jul 18, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #119 of 408
Okay thanks, updated your info. Recently Jude PMed me asking if it was me asking Westone to participate and it turns out Westone contacted Jude themselves to confirm if it was me. Good news? I hope so

Users who are viewing this thread

Back