September 16th Vancouver Head-Fi MEET!
Jul 30, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #138 of 408
Have a work-related obligation all weekend, but hopefully will pop by for the end of the event if I can get out a bit early on Sunday.  Possibly bring ATH-W3000ANV, but that's likely it, I'll already be lugging a work laptop coming directly from my work event.

I personally find the idea of headphone meets hilarious because it's a social gathering for an antisocial hobby, but they can also be lots of fun :)

Jul 30, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #139 of 408
I hope you can make it, I've been wanting to hear a W3000ANV for a while :)
Quote:
Have a work-related obligation all weekend, but hopefully will pop by for the end of the event if I can get out a bit early on Sunday.  Possibly bring ATH-W3000ANV, but that's likely it, I'll already be lugging a work laptop coming directly from my work event.

I personally find the idea of headphone meets hilarious because it's a social gathering for an antisocial hobby, but they can also be lots of fun :)

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #140 of 408

Hahaha couldn't agree with you more about the anti-social hobby thing, but hey! This is the only way we can try a lot of different products all at once! I really hope I can make this event a blast! I'll also get in touch with Travis soon to see if he has any updates as well.

Ooooh w-3000!! Please bring!!

Aug 6, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #141 of 408
I am in! I used to live two buildings to the west of the center so know the area well! I will be bringing the rig that is in my signature, should have by then the beyer DT1350's as well so will bring them along! Will also bring my portable Stax.

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #142 of 408
Quote:
I am in! I used to live two buildings to the west of the center so know the area well! I will be bringing the rig that is in my signature, should have by then the beyer DT1350's as well so will bring them along! Will also bring my portable Stax.

Oh cool, I'd love to try the 1350's to compare to my HD25's!

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #143 of 408
Quote:

Updated the list in the first post. Huhehehehe Algorythm solo hehehehehe. Always wanted to try one. Glad you can come!

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #144 of 408
And almost forgot! I'm planning on bringing the Unique Melody Merlin for the meet supplied by Unique Melody! It will be a demo set so everyone can try it. I just need to pay 50% deposit sighhhh... Student life in the 21st century

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #145 of 408
Sorry guys... Unfortunately, I can't bring in the Merlins... My cars head gasket just went and I need the money for that... If someone would like to pay the FULL refundable deposit, that would work. I just don't have the funds to have $400+ out of my pockets for more than a month. Sorry once more

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #147 of 408
Oh yeah I missed that detail, definitely want to try that one out too!  I'd love to hear how it sounds between my iPod and C421

Absolutely, will bring along the stock long cable to make things easier. I run pretty much all AIFF on my classic, the lowest I run is ALAC but I have been steadily converting everything to AIFF to give the fullest sound. Will bring some sterilizing wipes so folks can try the Final Audio's as I know they are fairly rare beasts. Have to alter my sig as I just gave away the triple.fi's and they are not missed!!

The cable on my LCD's is the latest wunderkind from toxic, man those cables from Frank are worth every penny!

Aug 7, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #149 of 408
Quote:
Would like to know what fullest means so I know if I should be doing the same thing :)

Do a google search of "placebo effect"
wink.gif

Aug 7, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #150 of 408
Do a google search of "placebo effect" :wink:

Ahh, I have not missed the cynicism whilst away from this forum, that and pre pubescent PI$$ing matches!

GG, personally I feel it makes a difference in terms of a little more feeling to the music, many think that listening to 128k will be the same, personally I can hear a difference. Also with hard drive space so cheap why not have the fullest resolution rather than any compression at all. I only rip from CD, I don't download music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back