September 16th Vancouver Head-Fi MEET!
Jul 13, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #93 of 408
Okay got in touch with Travis and we have a location and time confirmed! I copied a bit from his PM (not really private message not is it?) "I have a room reserved for Sunday, Sept 16, 12:00 - 5:00. Its nothing fancy - its in the Coal Harbour Community Centre, downtown - but its a pretty new facility, with carpet and concrete walls, so its pretty quiet w/good circulation. Nice view of the harbour too! There is plenty of parking and easy access, washrooms and there is a sink in the room. I'll have some drinks and snacks there, but no lunch. OK?
There is room for 8-10 2m tables (lots of new tables & chairs there)- some guys might want 1/2  table so there should be more space than we've ever had before. The only limitation is the number of plug-ins. I'll bring some extension cables but please encourage guys to bring a 3-6m heavy duty extension cable if they have one."
There you have it! Pretty soon i'll start a head count and equipment list. Like Travis said, bring extension cords! Cheers!

Jul 13, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #94 of 408
This is exciting news indeed and I am looking forward to it, as it is my first meet up. 

Since we have a limited amount of tables and plugs, (my rig is rather small), do we need to make bookings for the tables or what?

Furthermore, since I am all for letting people listen to my headphones, I was wondering where I can get those sanitary "cloth covers" that I can put over the pads?

Jul 13, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #96 of 408
Bam!  Right on!  And I see even the title of the thread has been updated to reflect the firming up of plans.  Love it.

Thanks! I'm really trying to make this as up to date as possible! Hope to see you there! Also, I guess it might help to write your HF name on a nametag to find out who's who.

This is exciting news indeed and I am looking forward to it, as it is my first meet up. 

Since we have a limited amount of tables and plugs, (my rig is rather small), do we need to make bookings for the tables or what?

Furthermore, since I am all for letting people listen to my headphones, I was wondering where I can get those sanitary "cloth covers" that I can put over the pads?

From what I'm assuming, people will have to share tables because as we said, we have limited tables and rather long ones. If you want, you are free to bring your own table because I have no idea how many people are going to be there. For sanitation, just buy alcohol wipes to clean after being used? I would think applying a cover while auditioning will alter the sound a bit. I'm also bringing a few IEMs so i'll be bringing alcohol wipes. Maybe people can bring their own IEM tips if they are really that concerned?

Jul 13, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #98 of 408
Since it's only July at the moment, I thought it would be better to start the list August when people are cing back
from vacation and etc. And people need to confirm the date as well. Either later July or August is when we can get a list going.

EDIT: Actually, I lied. People can start posting what they're going to bring along and I will add it to the list on the Opening Post on this thread. Thanks everyone!

Jul 16, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #99 of 408
I'd love to come but I'm not a full-blown audiophile nor am I one of those guys that insist on putting Flac and nothing else.

I do have a Cowon Z2 and I do have a Super Fi 5 pro but I feel like the gear that is going to be at these meets are going to be astronomically superior to mine. It's like taking a Lexus to a Ferrari or Lamborghini car meet.

Jul 16, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #100 of 408
Quote:
I'd love to come but I'm not a full-blown audiophile nor am I one of those guys that insist on putting Flac and nothing else.

I do have a Cowon Z2 and I do have a Super Fi 5 pro but I feel like the gear that is going to be at these meets are going to be astronomically superior to mine. It's like taking a Lexus to a Ferrari or Lamborghini car meet.

Already, you are superior than me. I am a huge fan of Cowon products and seeing you have the Z2, I already wanna play around with it. I was at that stage too, where all I had was a DAP and IEM. I thought it was "good" enough, but then I went a bit crazy. Now I'm at this point of no return and it's really hard to say if it's an improvement or not. Please do come though, because meets are an excellent way of trying new headphones and headphones you will never think of buying (cough cough LCD3). I can't wait till I try some headphones with my gear and vice versa. Who needs FLAC? Bring your favorite CDs and play them on my Marantz! You can even try my IEMs and Sennheisers IE800s (yes, they will most likely be there in part of Sennheiser) with your Cowons. It'll be an amazing meet with a lot of very interesting people and products. At this point in time, I'm trying to get Unique Melody and Westone to come forth and participate (Westone might be a bit more difficult..)

Jul 17, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #104 of 408
I do have quite a two-three headphones to share, but again, can anyone supply/tell me where to get those cotton wrappers?

For sanitation, I suggest just using alcohol wipes to clean after use? Other than that, no idea where to get cotton wrappers... Shoppers drugmart?

Jul 17, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #105 of 408
Quote:
Guess you're bringing those to the meet Mutnat? If you don't mind, I'll add your items to the list

Yeah I plan to bring an iPod Classic, Touch 4G, JDSLabs C421-2227 amp (would love to hear a C421-8620 if someone could bring one!), iBasso D-zero amp/dac, Senn HD-25's, Shure SRH440, and probably M-Audio Q40 headphones as well.  Oh and my L9 and SendStation (+L8) LODs.  If I can find my iBasso CB-07 LOD, I'll bring it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back