September 16th Vancouver Head-Fi MEET!
Jun 22, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #61 of 408
Cool, as long as there's a fair lead up to a concrete date so I can book time, that should be cool. Gives me more time to plan how I'm going to transport my audio gear (Pelican case might work). Might also see about burning in another set of tubes. And buying some additional hookups if I'm mooching someone's source.

I also realized that I can bring my J3 for people to try too (I don't know about sharing my Shure 215s, since they are not the easiest things to keep sterile). And I still have an iPod touch and E11 that I don't really use much, but I can bring those as well.

And I guess I have three days in July off now due to my gamble that we'd be doing this the weekend of the 15th. I'm not too broken up by that. I'm thinking Saltspring!

Whatevs. Half the reason these things happen is so people can try before they buy. I'm in the market for a top-tier headphone, so it's a perfect opportunity to try some LCD-2s since I'd be unlikely to get an opportunity otherwise (even with the sig offer of a case of beer). Bring some CDs, a USB with some FLAC files, and any toys you have laying around.

So sorry that you already took time off during July! That was entirely my fault for not giving an exact date! I'll make it up to you by bringing my very non-travel friendly Marantz CD player to play your CDs!

Jun 22, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #62 of 408
September will only work for me on the weekends.  Being that I am beginning full time work (which also translates to I-can-finally-afford-headphones).

But I don't see it happening at UBC being that September + UBC is the worst time you can be there.

It will be on a sunday most likely and we're thinking of a Rec center around coal harbour. Thinking 20ish tables with LOTS of outlets!

Jun 22, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #63 of 408
Quote:
So sorry that you already took time off during July! That was entirely my fault for not giving an exact date! I'll make it up to you by bringing my very non-travel friendly Marantz CD player to play your CDs!

Meh, I had to bank on a date, July 15th was bandied about, and I decided to get those days locked up ASAP since July vacation requests were booking up. I had a bunch of lieu days banked, and I can still visit my brother or head to Saltspring. I'm still totally taking those days off anyway.

Jun 22, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #64 of 408
Quote:
It will be on a sunday most likely and we're thinking of a Rec center around coal harbour. Thinking 20ish tables with LOTS of outlets!

It sounds awesome!!! By the way, if I don't have any awesome gear can I just walk in with my iPod and earbut? I'm totally new to this kind of event. No idea about how it works out.
confused_face(1).gif

Jun 22, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #65 of 408
It sounds awesome!!! By the way, if I don't have any awesome gear can I just walk in with my iPod and earbut? I'm totally new to this kind of event. No idea about how it works out.:confused_face(1):

Absolutely! I'm sure myself and other members would love to share our equipment with you! There will be entry-level equipment, mid-level equipment, and the holy grail high-end stuff!

Jun 22, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #66 of 408
Meh, I had to bank on a date, July 15th was bandied about, and I decided to get those days locked up ASAP since July vacation requests were booking up. I had a bunch of lieu days banked, and I can still visit my brother or head to Saltspring. I'm still totally taking those days off anyway.

I guess it turned out okay for you! I'll see if Travis can bring in any LCD2s for you!

Jun 22, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #67 of 408
The last time I talked to Travis last month he said he didn't have intentions I don't think buy he did say he will see.

Ill be bringing my LCD2 rev2 in however.

Jun 22, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #68 of 408
Quote:
The last time I talked to Travis last month he said he didn't have intentions I don't think buy he did say he will see.
Ill be bringing my LCD2 rev2 in however.

What he told me was firstly he will have some LCD2 rev2s in the store to sell in the upcoming months and he also will get Audeze to send him a LCD2 to bring to the meet.

Jun 22, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #69 of 408
Quote:

What he told me was firstly he will have some LCD2 rev2s in the store to sell in the upcoming months and he also will get Audeze to send him a LCD2 to bring to the meet.

Oh man, a Vancouver dealer of Audeze products would be amazing! Not as amazing as a Victoria dealer, but I can't quibble too much.

Jun 22, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #70 of 408
Oh man, a Vancouver dealer of Audeze products would be amazing! Not as amazing as a Victoria dealer, but I can't quibble too much.

Fingers crossed! If you have time, try calling up Travis! He has HE500s, HE400s, and hopefully the LCD2 (I'm not 100% sure if he will have it or not)

Jun 23, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #74 of 408
has a date been set yet? i am in vancouver last week of aug and 1st week of sept

Jun 23, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #75 of 408
We're working on an exact date, but an estimated date would be on a Sunday during the 2nd or 3rd week of sept?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back