September 16th Vancouver Head-Fi MEET!
Jun 15, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #31 of 408
I am very interest and I will definitely show up; I already missed the one held in January.

This is the perfect timing for me because I am about to drop some dough on a flagship model, but I don't know which yet  ; )

Jun 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #33 of 408
As in flagship models, we're hoping to have some LCD2s, HD700 (not really a flagship), HD800, HE-6, PS1000, and a few more! Hopefully these will be provides by our sponsors and Headphonebar

Jun 15, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #34 of 408
Quote:
As in flagship models, we're hoping to have some LCD2s, HD700 (not really a flagship), HD800, HE-6, PS1000, and a few more! Hopefully these will be provides by our sponsors and Headphonebar

I am struggling whether to bring my HE-6 system as I find it uncomfortable considering that venue is being hosted by a dealer. Definitely don't want to be the unwanted guest that (might)  upstages the host!

Jun 15, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #36 of 408
Everyone's welcome to bring whatever they like! Hopefully a lot of tables will be available! I'll try to get in contact with Headphonebar and maybe an update!

Jun 15, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #37 of 408
Quote:
I am struggling whether to bring my HE-6 system as I find it uncomfortable considering that venue is being hosted by a dealer. Definitely don't want to be the unwanted guest that (might)  upstages the host!

Definitely bring it. This is a head-fi meet, and I for one would love to hear a HE-6 setup 
L3000.gif

Jun 16, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #38 of 408
Quote:

Travis is a HiFiMan dealer, so no harm here.

Jun 16, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #39 of 408
I'm in for this one. My gear:

Sources: Yamaha CD-S1000 / Oppo BDP-83 / Macbook Pro / Systemdek IIX with Profile II Arm and Ortofon OM30
Rig 1: Schiit Audio Lyr / Schiit Audio USB BiFrost / LCD-2 rev 2 Bamboo
Rig 2: Fiio E17/E9 / Ultrasone Editon 8 Ruthenium and AiAiAi TMA-1

I have a buddy with my old PPAv2 that will be in as well.

Jun 16, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #42 of 408
Hi Guys, Travis here. I'd like to help with this meet and have been calling around for a 900-1400 sqft room to rent. The first few places I had in mind aren't available in July, so I am going to try several more places between now and probably Tuesday. I don't know how much room we'll need, but I'd like there to be space for everyone who wants to come/set up.
I hope no one minds me barging in on this, but people have been so great since the shop opened that I'd really like to help with some of the back-end stuff for this meet. Please, bring whatever gear you want, that is the point and the more variety there is, the better the meet will be for everyone. I sure don't want it to be a store thing, that would kind of suck the fun out of it for everyone.

I can bring a new hifiman ef6 amp (the distributor is happy to send it over for the meet), ef5 amp, hd800, hd700, he500, the Schiit gear, Burson ha160D dac/amp and a couple other things. I am asking a few suppliers to loan some new or pricey gear for us to try at the meet too. It will depend what is available, but there should be a few more cool things that I can bring. If they say no, I'll just keep calling them till they say yes! Good times! :)

If anyone has any higher end Ultrasone, import Audio Technica cans, new open Shures, top end Sony, kit amps, LCD 3's, Peachtree, dacmagic, April Music, Music Fidelity amp or dac, Denons, and on and on, that would be great for everyone to try too. If there are some cool 20-30 year old higher end cans that someone can bring, its always surprising to hear how well some of these stand up to the test of time.

I'll pipe back in here in a few days and let you know where I'm at with the venue. Nice to see some interest out there! regards, Travis

Jun 16, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #43 of 408
You heard the man! Fingers crossed for a good room everyone. Bring your vintages, portables, trans-portable, office, and home gear if you can. Keep updated Head-Fiers

Jun 16, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #44 of 408
I will then bring my HE-6, Pathos Classic One and the Metrum DAC. I am tempted to bring my Wadia transport and DAC but the transport is very finicky and does not travel well so will decide at the last minute. And if we get real lucky, I might have another Class A amp  to drive the HE-6 and other headphones.

I just hope the meet is not on the fourth Sunday in July because as it stands right now  I am planning  to be in Las Vegas during that week.

Jun 17, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #45 of 408
We're hoping to host the meet on July 15th. For me, I'll bring along my Marantz CD5003 CD player, Vintage AKG K141 600ohm, Etymotic ER-4S (maybeee?), Audeo PFE232, Hifiman HM-602 player, Hifiman EF2A amp with Raytheon tubes, maybe Grado SE225i?, maybe Sennheiser HD-25-ii Adidas?, maybe my UM custom? (i'll try to find a way to allow other users to try it out?), and other IEMs I have maybe...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back