September 16th Vancouver Head-Fi MEET!
Jun 17, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #46 of 408
Sounds awesome, July 15 would be great. I would love to attend not shure what I could bring that wouldn't already be there but I would be happy to participate! 

Jun 18, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #47 of 408
Quote:
Sounds awesome, July 15 would be great. I would love to attend not shure what I could bring that wouldn't already be there but I would be happy to participate! 

As we're speaking right now, we're trying to figure out a place and date for the event! It really doesn't matter what you bring to the meet. There will be a lot of high-end stuff for people to try out (provided by Headphonebar and other member), entry-lever stuff, and stuff in between! It's more important that you bring yourself because I would rather have a conversation with another member than demoing gear. Fingers crossed for progress in the next few days Travis!

Jun 18, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #49 of 408
Interest too if I don't have to work.  I've got the Audio-Technica W3000ANV, W2002, ESW9 & EW9 clipons.  Normally use laptop, benchmark dac-1 & old school dynahi amp with oritek x-1 rca cables.

Jun 20, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #50 of 408
Well, things aren't going as planned people! We're having difficulty with finding a place so Travis was thinking of delaying the meet to September? Just want everyone's opinion on this here. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Jun 20, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #51 of 408
Quote:
Would UBC be a viable place?

During the summer, there is a significant amount of down-time.

It is a possibility! But because of time, we're going to have to delay the meet. For one, we don't have a place, and for two, the sponsors might take a longer time

Jun 20, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #52 of 408
Oh geze, maybe... Sept.  How big is the place I'd need a whole table. Would be vintage stats, ortho stuff, some dynamics. Some stuff you'd never hear again. Time off isn't the problem but the stupid BC Ferry costs. I'll keep an eye and mind on this.

Jun 21, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #53 of 408
Please do. Just because it's delayed to september now, we're able to get more people, sponsors, and hopefully a very big room (with LOTS of power outlets & tables!) to hold many diff sponsors and members! Like most of you noticed already, the date can change at anytime. Sorry once again

Jun 21, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #54 of 408
I'm hoping the change in date will be early September as I will only be in Vancouver until then. 

Keep us posted!

Jun 21, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #57 of 408
I'm interested in, but don't have much to offer.
confused_face.gif

Jun 21, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #58 of 408
Looks like September is more convenient for myself, Travis, our sponsors and our lovely Head-Fiers! Like as planned before, it will be a sunday during september (mid sept?)

Jun 21, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #59 of 408
Cool, as long as there's a fair lead up to a concrete date so I can book time, that should be cool. Gives me more time to plan how I'm going to transport my audio gear (Pelican case might work). Might also see about burning in another set of tubes. And buying some additional hookups if I'm mooching someone's source.

I also realized that I can bring my J3 for people to try too (I don't know about sharing my Shure 215s, since they are not the easiest things to keep sterile). And I still have an iPod touch and E11 that I don't really use much, but I can bring those as well.

And I guess I have three days in July off now due to my gamble that we'd be doing this the weekend of the 15th. I'm not too broken up by that. I'm thinking Saltspring!

Quote:
I'm interested in, but don't have much to offer.
confused_face.gif

Whatevs. Half the reason these things happen is so people can try before they buy. I'm in the market for a top-tier headphone, so it's a perfect opportunity to try some LCD-2s since I'd be unlikely to get an opportunity otherwise (even with the sig offer of a case of beer). Bring some CDs, a USB with some FLAC files, and any toys you have laying around.

Jun 21, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #60 of 408
September will only work for me on the weekends.  Being that I am beginning full time work (which also translates to I-can-finally-afford-headphones).

But I don't see it happening at UBC being that September + UBC is the worst time you can be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back