Senn's HD 700's to be release in January 2008...
Feb 8, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #241 of 427
Quote:

Originally Posted by technetium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
****, now I don´t know if I should get the 650... Or the Akg 701... ****

It's a year away. Get what you want now and worry about the HD700's later. =T

Feb 8, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #242 of 427
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiomagnate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And the creepy thing is that they get a tiny bit bigger everyday!

Oh... I have heard about it, do you think I can still wear my 595 in say 2 years?? Maybe they will become supraaural, automaticaly
280smile.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #243 of 427
wait for the hd650s to fall in price after the hd700 release before buying.

Feb 8, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #244 of 427
I think it's a bit ridiculous when people talk about holding off on buying the 650's because some average-jo in an HD 700 rumor thread claims that an update to the latest model will come out within the year. Guys, come on. This thread is all speculation that, while fun to read and think about, shouldn't be a determining factor when considering a headphone purchase. My advice to potential buyers is to audition the headphones you think you'll like, and buy the ones that suit you best. Don't hold off on great equipment just because somewhere in the back of your mind you have a feeling that eventually something better will be released.

Feb 8, 2007 at 11:59 PM Post #245 of 427
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's a bit ridiculous when people talk about holding off on buying the 650's because some average-jo in an HD 700 rumor thread claims that an update to the latest model will come out within the year. Guys, come on. This thread is all speculation that, while fun to read and think about, shouldn't be a determining factor when considering a headphone purchase. My advice to potential buyers is to audition the headphones you think you'll like, and buy the ones that suit you best. Don't hold off on great equipment just because somewhere in the back of your mind you have a feeling that eventually something better will be released.

But what if this time, it's for reals?
biggrin.gif

Faith = Belief without evidence.

Feb 9, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #246 of 427
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My prediction is that the overall response may be closer to technically neutral than it is now. (Say, no more than -1 or 2dB at 20khz, as opposed to -5dB.) The dips in the frequency response will still be there. (The headphone would sound ugly without them.)

So since there's precious little musical information at 20k and few people would even notice anyway, there'll be no noticable difference, right? Good news for people who don't like wasting money on "new and improved".

My prediction is that Sennheiser will design a phone that sounds closer to the 580 than the 650 and charge more than the 650 for it. Clever.

Feb 9, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #247 of 427
Every time there was a thread about the next release of Senn cans, the thread stay active for days, and most of the comments are pretty much ......
wink.gif

I think Senn fans need a change for something new. Go try AKG or ATH... or something like Grado....
very_evil_smiley.gif
Or smooth your life with some Stax...
tongue.gif

Feb 9, 2007 at 1:56 AM Post #248 of 427
Quote:

So since there's precious little musical information at 20k and few people would even notice anyway, there'll be no noticable difference, right? Good news for people who don't like wasting money on "new and improved".

I don't know. I'm sure a lot of the K-1000 uses would disagree with that. (The K-1000 is nearly flat all the way to 20kHz.) If the headphone is flat to 20kHz, that means there would also be more energy in the upper-mid lower-treble areas as well. When I listened to the K-1000 at the local meet, it seemed quite a bit brighter than the 650s. (I didn't really the way it sounded, so I'm don't think I'd immediately purchase a new Senn if it had that kind of FR.)

Feb 9, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #249 of 427
Ladies and gentlemen, I just talked over the phone with the friend of a colleague of an associate of an engineer who has some very direct contacts with some friends of people who know people that seem to work at Sennheiser. I can assure you that there is an actual rumour already not just about the 700 model, there are already plans for the 800 model. It is expected to be released in the market by May 2009, with the same impedance of the 700, 0.93939x the weight, and 2.31x the cost!

Feb 9, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #250 of 427
You guys, this is a very serious discussion thread, please don't pollute it with your non-information.

evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ladies and gentlemen, I just talked over the phone with the friend of a colleague of an associate of an engineer who has some very direct contacts with some friends of people who know people that seem to work at Sennheiser. I can assure you that there is an actual rumour already not just about the 700 model, there are already plans for the 800 model. It is expected to be released in the market by May 2009, with the same impedance of the 700, 0.93939x the weight, and 2.31x the cost!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Every time there was a thread about the next release of Senn cans, the thread stay active for days, and most of the comments are pretty much ......
wink.gif

I think Senn fans need a change for something new. Go try AKG or ATH... or something like Grado....
very_evil_smiley.gif
Or smooth your life with some Stax...
tongue.gif

Feb 9, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #251 of 427
how about this people...(hold on have to turn on common sense)

Ok so Sennheiser is a sponsor rite? I say we Raid them and take their R&D People Hostage while demanding we know more about the release of the HD700?

sounds like a plan to me...But I am also willing to wait till the National meet where we can corner them in the hotel, duct tape them and drive them out to Nevada,have them dig a good 5foot hole in the middle of the dessert, and then threaten them for more info...

Or we may find something out at the National meet in April without all the work..
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2007 at 8:22 AM Post #252 of 427
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or we may find something out at the National meet in April without all the work..
biggrin.gif

What's the fun in that? That's like telling people we should stop wasting time here posting in the forums and get a second job with our spare time and ACTUALLY being able to buy some of the stuff we're talking about here. Nonesense. This is audiophile-land, common sense is OUT.
580smile.gif

Feb 12, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #253 of 427
This thread can't die so soon, let the especulation continue.

Similar to recent IEM models, the new HD700 might come with separate drivers for high and low frequencies. In fact it may have three drivers, one for treble, one for mids, and one for the lows. Leveraging on the best practices in the speaker world, these headphones won't have passive crossover networks, but will have electronic crossovers, and will be tri-amped, and they will, of course, include their own amplifiers per driver and per channel. Six amplifiers in total. So basically, these will be self-powered tri-amped little monitors that you hang on your head, and you will connect your source directly to your self powered headphones! Now, ain't that a revolutionary design?
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #255 of 427
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you don't have anything serious to say then don't post, please.

Right, right, hmm... the seriousness in your own posts has certainly left a mark here...
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
don't forget the wood is extracted from General Sherman, the 1000 year old redwood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back