Senn's HD 700's to be release in January 2008...
Mar 5, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #273 of 427
Oh no, this thread can't die!!
eek.gif

My sources tell me that sennheiser paid off everybody who posted on this thread to keep quiet about the jan '08 release...
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 5, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #274 of 427
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh no, this thread can't die!!
eek.gif

My sources tell me that sennheiser paid off everybody who posted on this thread to keep quiet about the jan '08 release...
evil_smiley.gif

Shhhh there are no new Senns ... it's all a figment of your imagination.

Mar 5, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #275 of 427
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I talked with someone with a NDA in regards to the Senn 700 headphones.. He's a dedicated head fier here in the forums.. He told me retail would be around 1,000.. But street price will be around 500.00

Yowzer!

Mar 6, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #276 of 427
I like the HD650 being the current flagship!

...it makes my last generation flagship HD600s seem a little higher up the ladder!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

tongue.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 5:42 AM Post #278 of 427
I bet the reviews of the 700's will sound just like the reviews of the 650's. Just find and replace all mentions of HD600 and substitute with HD650.

Mar 6, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #280 of 427
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, there is an elephant in the room no one wants to acknowledge - that, from those I am aware of that have NDA (at least 3), Senn is paying attention to aftermarket products interactioon with the HD7xx. This includes amp AND cable designers.

What HAS changed, post-HD650, is the explosion of dedicated headphone amps, cables and tweaks, where the overall (perceived) performance of this phone will ultimately depend on the final delivery, with after-market products helping drive that.

NOT saying Senn will market any, but hopefully they will deliver better stock cable, and further extensions will be considered in their final product offering, not just the after market responding to a MONOLITHIC design.

Finally, as a head-fi sponsor, it would be nice, after we have created ALL their worldwide buzz, for them to offer the HD7xx first to head-fiers en masse, either in release or in pre-production beta.

I like where you are going with this idea!

Mar 6, 2007 at 5:55 AM Post #281 of 427
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
let's just hope it's better than the HD650 at least.

Well in the very least, it's obviously going to be better then the k701
tongue.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 8:35 AM Post #284 of 427
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What if the 700 is as good as the r10 ?
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

(tangent warning)
[size=xx-small]You know I thought I remember listening to the r10's at the San Jose head-fi meet, 2005 (i think)... I thought they sounded good but I wasn't impressed (I should clarify that this is according to my ears, and my perceptions of good are relative to how much I'd have to spend). Maybe because I had just heard the HE-90s one minute prior. o_O[/size]
(end tangent)

Anyway, the HE-90s really opened up my eyes... I wonder what the 700 will bring! (=

Looks like I'll have to go to next year's head-fi meet just to get a chance to listen to em! Unless I can find a local store that has em available for demo...

Mar 6, 2007 at 8:47 AM Post #285 of 427
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well in the very least, it's obviously going to be better then the k701
tongue.gif

since 701 is 1 more than 700, by definition the akgs will still be marginally superior ('my amp goes up to 11')
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back