Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Nov 17, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #3,632 of 4,141
FWIW, my 6/30 order finally shipped, but shipped with fedex smartpost... GG

Nov 18, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #3,633 of 4,141
They shipped the first batch of 5000 HD 6XXs via Fedex Smartpost as well.

Guess it's probably the cheapest shipping option for them. The USPS handoff for the last mile just makes shipping so much slower though!

Nov 18, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #3,635 of 4,141
Mine has shipped via DHL Global Mail to Canada.

Nov 21, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #3,636 of 4,141
FWIW, my 6/30 order finally shipped, but shipped with fedex smartpost... GG

Shipping label generated 11/17, FedEx finally picked it up today 11/21, expected delivery 11/28... G to the m f G

Nov 21, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #3,637 of 4,141
Exact same thing for me. I got an email Thursday night about shipping out, but DHL said they only got it today. I was hoping to have them Wednesday or Thursday, but I think that is dreaming. I guess it will be next week until they make it to Atlantic Canada.

Shane D

Nov 22, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #3,639 of 4,141
Well worth the wait! I ordered 6/28 and mine shipped via smartpost on 11/4, arrived in California by 11/12.
Dude, this 8 days from NJ to SoCal via SmartPost is redonkulous

Nov 22, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #3,640 of 4,141
Dude, this 8 days from NJ to SoCal via SmartPost is redonkulous

I ordered some tubes from a California buyer on Friday; I got them in NJ yesterday (Monday) via USPS priority. SmartPost took four or five days (including an excursion to Pennsylvania) to deliver the 6XX that was initially shipped about thirty miles from my NJ apartment.

Nov 22, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #3,642 of 4,141
I have a HD6xx query that I'm certain owners, current and former, can help me with. It is about the nature of open-backed 'phones as this would be my first pair. How much bleed can I expect from these. Primarily, I'm curious about how much of the outside world filters in when wearing these, but I'm also interested to know how loud these are for someone else in the same room for example. Thanks to everyone for their time. Cheers!

Nov 22, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #3,643 of 4,141
I have a HD6xx query that I'm certain owners, current and former, can help me with. It is about the nature of open-backed 'phones as this would be my first pair. How much bleed can I expect from these. Primarily, I'm curious about how much of the outside world filters in when wearing these, but I'm also interested to know how loud these are for someone else in the same room for example. Thanks to everyone for their time. Cheers!

If somebody sitting in the same room, depends on the volume but most likely they will hear the song that you listen to.

Nov 22, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #3,644 of 4,141

EDIT: It's not the best indicator as your environment will be different but you can check this out with the password "headfihd6xx", details are in the description:

If you live alone or have a dedicated room you'll be fine. If you're going to fire them up in a common area you'll likely get complaints unless everyone is listening to something.

Personal experience with LCD2 / K7XX / HD 6XX / PC 37X. If I ever get complaints from neighbors (apartment) I'm probably deaf.

SmartPost blows but keep in mind that we were supposed to receive our toys in December, IIRC.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #3,645 of 4,141
You can hear everything around you and anyone within +-20 feet (depending on listening volume) will hear everything you hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back