Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Feb 16, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #3,166 of 4,141
If it's within the return period, that is.  When a retailer gets a return or exchange where the customer claims "Defective product", the item itself is marked as defective and gets sent back to the manufacturer.  So the product should technically eventually end up back at the manufacturer whether or not you replace it at your local Best Buy or if you file a RMA with the manufacturer itself.

Massdrop is a bit unique since it's not your everyday retail electronics store though, so maybe some things differ in that aspect.  They are just a group buy site and their policy might differ from vendor to vendor.

Feb 18, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #3,167 of 4,141
See and that's not right of them to do. Emails should be answered promptly if the item received wasn't working properly. That's a combo of bad QC & CS. I really hope they get a handle on it because they have a good thing going. I will remain a spectator for now & I hope they convince me to join a drop eventually. Fingers crossed. Come on MD do your customers right!!!

Well, I hope they do right by you. I've bought a few things on there (these headphones included) and have had great experiences. 

That said, I'm listening to Rush - Vapor Trails (Remixed) on these right now paired with my trusty Garage 1217 Project Sunrise 2 that I built. What a great combo. Happy weekend all!

Feb 26, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #3,168 of 4,141
Been listening to these headphones with the Schiit Modi Multibit & Jotunheim combo and they must really be breaking in, the sound is significantly better than when I received them all around the same time. Highly recommended pairing for the price, easily the best setup I've heard under $700 bucks. Crazy good pairing.

Mar 1, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #3,169 of 4,141
Bottlehead Crack sale!

It's the Crack birthday sale. Standard is $199 and with speedball, $299! About as good as it gets, hopefully this helps a few looking for amps. This is a kit you build yourself, but not super difficult.

Mar 1, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #3,171 of 4,141
Might have to jump on that, and see if it brings these things alive.

IT DOES!!! More than I expected too :) Don't Miss this sale. I got mine on sale during thanksgiving at $249 then paid regular price later got the SB upgrade. Just get them both at once for $299 & don't look back

Mar 1, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #3,172 of 4,141
IT DOES!!! More than I expected too
smily_headphones1.gif
Don't Miss this sale. I got mine on sale during thanksgiving at $249 then paid regular price later got the SB upgrade. Just get them both at once for $299 & don't look back

That's kind of what I'm thinking. To be honest haven't been blown away by these like I thought I would be. Good thing Uncle Sam is giving me an audio upgrade stimulus package 
L3000.gif

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #3,176 of 4,141
Bottlehead Crack sale!

It's the Crack birthday sale. Standard is $199 and with speedball, $299! About as good as it gets, hopefully this helps a few looking for amps. This is a kit you build yourself, but not super difficult.

Balls. I just ordered a Little Dot mk II 4 days ago. Should I get the Crack and sell the Dot ?

Mar 2, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #3,178 of 4,141
Balls. I just ordered a Little Dot mk II 4 days ago. Should I get the Crack and sell the Dot ?

Well you could use the little dot until you get the crack built. Selling it off shouldn't be too big a financial lose. Then you could compare them both.

Mar 2, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #3,180 of 4,141
IMO the crack takes these cans to another level, as well as the HD600. They were made for each other. The DIY is not for everyone though. You need a decent soldering iron for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back