Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Dec 10, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #1,637 of 4,141
  I'm only 22,988 if subtracting 1447594 from my  Inv. #............
confused.gif

If these numbers are correct, then I'm 4092.

Dec 10, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #1,639 of 4,141
So I got a little package in the mail today. 
very_evil_smiley.gif
  I picked up a Dragonfly Black on the forums here, as used. I didn't buy it for the 650. My intention was to get something that would pair and stack well with my Android phone that didn't have to be charged and would give some kick (with finesse) to my custom iems and efficient headphones when needed. 

I'm quite impressed with this device and amazed at how well it handles the 650. Now don't get me wrong. This is not the equivalent of a desktop solution. My Jot is a significant upgrade across the board. BUT...at $99 NIB, around $75 used, this little device will put a big smile on your face. It will give up sound staging, layering and bass punch to desktop amps but the margin is not as huge as you'd think. Now I've got to hear the DF Red that is supposed to be next level. 

So for those on a tight budget and need to add a portable amp to pair with iphone or Android or PC, this little guy gets the MattTCG seal of approval. 
beerchug.gif

Dec 10, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #1,640 of 4,141
So I got a little package in the mail today. :veryevil:   I picked up a Dragonfly Black on the forums here, as used. I didn't buy it for the 650. My intention was to get something that would pair and stack well with my Android phone that didn't have to be charged and would give some kick (with finesse) to my custom iems and efficient headphones when needed. 

I'm quite impressed with this device and amazed at how well it handles the 650. Now don't get me wrong. This is not the equivalent of a desktop solution. My Jot is a significant upgrade across the board. BUT...at $99 NIB, around $75 used, this little device will put a big smile on your face. It will give up sound staging, layering and bass punch to desktop amps but the margin is not as huge as you'd think. Now I've got to hear the DF Red that is supposed to be next level. 

So for those on a tight budget and need to add a portable amp to pair with iphone or Android or PC, this little guy gets the MattTCG seal of approval. 
:beerchug:

Dang you enabler!

*fire up eBay*

Dec 10, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #1,641 of 4,141
  So I got a little package in the mail today. 
very_evil_smiley.gif
  I picked up a Dragonfly Black on the forums here, as used. I didn't buy it for the 650. My intention was to get something that would pair and stack well with my Android phone that didn't have to be charged and would give some kick (with finesse) to my custom iems and efficient headphones when needed. 

beerchug.gif

You should have got the Fulla 2, my friend already tried it, came in the mail yesterday for both of us, same price as DF Black and sounds better than his Asgard 2 and Bitfrost setup

Dec 10, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #1,644 of 4,141
Dec 11, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #1,648 of 4,141
Easy there, fella.

perfectly acceptable though right?

Audio is all subjective opinion, am I not allowed to express my opinion on something?  I know this website is full of elitists, but meh just thought I would give my opinion, I hook it up, I plug headphone, it sounds amazing "compared" to other things I have tried, including Dragonfly Black... which is what my response was to, but I also understand mobile needs of Fulla 2 would not work in his situation, which is fine, Black does sound great, just not as great imo for @MattTCG

Dec 11, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #1,649 of 4,141

Audio is all subjective opinion, am I not allowed to express my opinion on something?  I know this website is full of elitists, but meh just thought I would give my opinion, I hook it up, I plug headphone, it sounds amazing "compared" to other things I have tried, including Dragonfly Black... which is what my response was to, but I also understand mobile needs of Fulla 2 would not work in his situation, which is fine, Black does sound great, just not as great imo for @MattTCG

you did nothing wrong, i was just being a smart ***** to the guy posting nonsense comments telling other people not to post nonsense comments.

Although I wouldn't recommend telling someone after they've already bought something that they "shouldv'e gotten something else" especially if you don't know what their particular needs are. Like MattTCG said he needed a device for portable use which the Fulla is not, so in that case he definitely should not have gotten the Fulla.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back