Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Dec 9, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #1,621 of 4,141
I got invited back in the drop, like two weeks after...so probably not the first 1450 huh??? 
confused_face.gif

Dec 9, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #1,622 of 4,141
hehe doubtful, but that's great you got back in

Dec 9, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #1,623 of 4,141
::HEADS UP! POTENTIAL THREAT!::

I received an email from Massdrop letting me know the units arrived at their warehouse and they would be shipping out on Monday and Tuesday.

However, I also received two emails from UPS stating my order had been shipped. In each email there was a different tracking number and a different name attached to it. UPS didn't state what the order was, but you wouldn't expect them to.

Clicking on the tracking number hyperlink brought up a request to download an attachment. I of course did not.

Upon further inspection, these emails were not from UPS. They came from two different addresses:
pellegrin@concordia.psi.br
lavecchiaparente@alice.it

Also, each "UPS email" was on behalf of two different entities:
Cummins Inc.
Dana Corporation

Now, naturally, we all get malware fishing emails all the time. But the fact these came less than an hour before Massdrop sent out their update, leaves me suspicious. It's possible these were planed to coincide with Massdrop's movements to increase the chance of hooking some prey.

Or it's just a coincidence. Either way, thought I should give you folk a head's up.

Just random phishers, I get those e-mails all the time, has nothing to do with Massdrop, just don't open any attachments you're not expecting and you'll be good. Stay safe out there, the internets a wild place.

Dec 10, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #1,625 of 4,141
As long as they arrive by Christmas I will be happy...

Dec 10, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #1,626 of 4,141
::HEADS UP! POTENTIAL THREAT!::

I received an email from Massdrop letting me know the units arrived at their warehouse and they would be shipping out on Monday and Tuesday.

However, I also received two emails from UPS stating my order had been shipped. In each email there was a different tracking number and a different name attached to it. UPS didn't state what the order was, but you wouldn't expect them to.

Clicking on the tracking number hyperlink brought up a request to download an attachment. I of course did not.

Upon further inspection, these emails were not from UPS. They came from two different addresses:
pellegrin@concordia.psi.br
lavecchiaparente@alice.it

Also, each "UPS email" was on behalf of two different entities:
Cummins Inc.
Dana Corporation

Now, naturally, we all get malware fishing emails all the time. But the fact these came less than an hour before Massdrop sent out their update, leaves me suspicious. It's possible these were planed to coincide with Massdrop's movements to increase the chance of hooking some prey.

Or it's just a coincidence. Either way, thought I should give you folk a head's up.

I like your bravery, clicking links without checking the sender's email beforehand. :p

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #1,628 of 4,141
  Yeah, no way of knowing if we are in the first 1450 though, guess its just wait and see.

Copied and pasted from MC Community Discussion 6xx thread:

Alex Peterkin of MD Outreach says:

Hey everyone,

Hopefully the last big(ish) update from me that should answer the most popular questions and some bonus pictures.

First Up: “What’s going on with my headphones?”

We just received the shipment containing the first 1450 serials from Ireland today. Our Logistics team members have already begun sorting through each carton so that we can get these out the door no later than Tuesday. They sent over some behind the scenes pictures to show how they are labelling and separating the cartons in order to match order batches with serial numbers. In addition, they are randomly pulling a few pairs out to do one final QC check. So far everything looks great and packages should start heading out Monday.

Next Up: "Who is receiving the first shipment and what's happening with the serial numbers?"

The first 1,000 units will be sent as outlined below based on the early joiners of the drop.

Group 1: First 500 Purchasers, Serial Numbers <550

These will go to the first 500 people who were able to successfully join the drop. You can figure this out by going to your Transactions page (https://www.massdrop.com/transactions) to see if your transaction number is below MD-30891-1447594.

Group 2: First 500 Attempted Purchasers, Serial numbers <1100

This one was a little tricky and required a bit of data pulling, but these will be allotted to members in the drop based on their attempted join time, regardless of the time they successfully joined the drop.

For example: You clicked Join at 6:01 am PT and received an error until you were able to successfully join at 7:05 am PT.

or

You clicked Join at 6:01 am PT and never got in, but were able to join in one of the duplicate spots that opened up after the drop ended.

In both cases, the order will be based on that first attempt to Join.

If you aren't in group 1 you might be wondering, "Am I in group 2? Will I get one of those lower serial numbers?"

Good question. There isn't a simple way to identify yourself as being in this group unfortunately because everyone in group 2 joined at various times and resulted in non sequential transaction ID's.

Remaining Units:

For the remaining 450 units in the first batch and all subsequent shipments, we will be fulfilling everyone sequentially based on when they joined the drop and their transaction id number.

WE finally have a definitive answer to know where your purchase stands in terms of Top 500 and beyond.

Dec 10, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #1,630 of 4,141
I like your bravery, clicking links without checking the sender's email beforehand. :p

What can I say? It looked legit when coupled with the Massdrop email, which told me to expect a shipping confirmation letter. :D

Trust me, you would have done the same if you saw that five seconds after reading the update from Massdrop.

Dec 10, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #1,631 of 4,141
What can I say? It looked legit when coupled with the Massdrop email, which told me to expect a shipping confirmation letter. :D

Trust me, you would have done the same if you saw that five seconds after reading the update from Massdrop.

Well, they did say they would start shipping on Monday, not friday.

Dec 10, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #1,632 of 4,141
Dec 10, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #1,633 of 4,141

Copied and pasted from MC Community Discussion 6xx thread:

Alex Peterkin of MD Outreach says:

Hey everyone,

Hopefully the last big(ish) update from me that should answer the most popular questions and some bonus pictures.

First Up: “What’s going on with my headphones?”

We just received the shipment containing the first 1450 serials from Ireland today. Our Logistics team members have already begun sorting through each carton so that we can get these out the door no later than Tuesday. They sent over some behind the scenes pictures to show how they are labelling and separating the cartons in order to match order batches with serial numbers. In addition, they are randomly pulling a few pairs out to do one final QC check. So far everything looks great and packages should start heading out Monday.

Next Up: "Who is receiving the first shipment and what's happening with the serial numbers?"

The first 1,000 units will be sent as outlined below based on the early joiners of the drop.

Group 1: First 500 Purchasers, Serial Numbers <550

These will go to the first 500 people who were able to successfully join the drop. You can figure this out by going to your Transactions page (https://www.massdrop.com/transactions) to see if your transaction number is below MD-30891-1447594.

Group 2: First 500 Attempted Purchasers, Serial numbers <1100

This one was a little tricky and required a bit of data pulling, but these will be allotted to members in the drop based on their attempted join time, regardless of the time they successfully joined the drop.

For example: You clicked Join at 6:01 am PT and received an error until you were able to successfully join at 7:05 am PT.

or

You clicked Join at 6:01 am PT and never got in, but were able to join in one of the duplicate spots that opened up after the drop ended.

In both cases, the order will be based on that first attempt to Join.

If you aren't in group 1 you might be wondering, "Am I in group 2? Will I get one of those lower serial numbers?"

Good question. There isn't a simple way to identify yourself as being in this group unfortunately because everyone in group 2 joined at various times and resulted in non sequential transaction ID's.

Remaining Units:

For the remaining 450 units in the first batch and all subsequent shipments, we will be fulfilling everyone sequentially based on when they joined the drop and their transaction id number.

WE finally have a definitive answer to know where your purchase stands in terms of Top 500 and beyond.

Dang, I'm about 60 outside of that first group so I guess I don't have a chance for the serial number 57 I wanted.  Oh well.  Still excited to get the headphones soon since the only Senns I own are some wireless headphones (the RS 160).

Dec 10, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #1,635 of 4,141
1452176 here so have a ways to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back