Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Dec 9, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #1,606 of 4,141
I waited 16 months for an amplifier to arrive. The result was well worth the wait. Owning the 650's I can say you won't be let down when they arrive. At the same time I wouldn't get my hopes up about specific dates.

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #1,607 of 4,141
If they're a Christmas gift I just hope they get here before then. But an update would be good

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #1,610 of 4,141
Like someone else pointed out, the emails stated they would update us today if something came up, so I would think no email would be a good sign.
Actually it says expect to hear from us ON 12/9, OR SOONER if something comes up

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #1,612 of 4,141
In the past with Massdrop "something" would generally be a delay in shipping.

That is "something" I would rather not hear.  Or in other words no news is good news...

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #1,613 of 4,141
  In the past with Massdrop "something" would generally be a delay in shipping.

That is "something" I would rather not hear.  Or in other word no news is good news...

Yeah, that's the point I was trying to make. 
smile_phones.gif

Dec 9, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #1,617 of 4,141
Yeah, no way of knowing if we are in the first 1450 though, guess its just wait and see

Dec 9, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #1,620 of 4,141
::HEADS UP! POTENTIAL THREAT!::

I received an email from Massdrop letting me know the units arrived at their warehouse and they would be shipping out on Monday and Tuesday.

However, I also received two emails from UPS stating my order had been shipped. In each email there was a different tracking number and a different name attached to it. UPS didn't state what the order was, but you wouldn't expect them to.

Clicking on the tracking number hyperlink brought up a request to download an attachment. I of course did not.

Upon further inspection, these emails were not from UPS. They came from two different addresses:
pellegrin@concordia.psi.br
lavecchiaparente@alice.it

Also, each "UPS email" was on behalf of two different entities:
Cummins Inc.
Dana Corporation

Now, naturally, we all get malware fishing emails all the time. But the fact these came less than an hour before Massdrop sent out their update, leaves me suspicious. It's possible these were planed to coincide with Massdrop's movements to increase the chance of hooking some prey.

Or it's just a coincidence. Either way, thought I should give you folk a head's up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back