Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Nov 21, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #1,396 of 4,141
Hello all. Looks like I'm in on the drop and have a question about my amp "inventory". I have a Schiit Magni 2 in my main rig and a cEntrance Dacport Slim from my laptop. Will I be happy pairing the HD6XX with what I have or will I soon be investing in a new OTL tube amp?

Pretty much agree with raybone but I strongly suspect after trying some better amps you will want to sell the Magni and the Dacport. My recommendation is the Little Dot mk4 SE

Nov 21, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #1,397 of 4,141

I figure things like that aren't worthy of a reply at this point, he was fuming at Massdrop to begin with and now he's set on convincing himself the headphones aren't worth it for obvious reasons. It's just a bye Felicia moment at this point, the unsub was suggested last page already and that seems to not be happening so it'd be cool to continue on with talking about the headphones now.

PS: some people just like darker headphones.

Wrong. I wasn't especially high on the 6xx's to begin with. The price made it especially tempting however; worth a gamble on headphones I hadn't heard. The ridiculous server issues soured me on the whole experience. I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised but asking about resale prices in case I wasn't thrilled with them. 

The 650's obviously has it's fan base. More power to 'em. 

I'm still interested in the 600's; they're probably closer to the listening experience I'm looking for. 

Nov 21, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #1,398 of 4,141
Wrong. I wasn't especially high on the 6xx's to begin with. The price made it especially tempting however; worth a gamble on headphones I hadn't heard. The ridiculous server issues soured me on the whole experience. I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised but asking about resale prices in case I wasn't thrilled with them. 

I'm still interested in the 600's; they're probably closer to the listening experience I'm looking for. 
All the info you need is in the 600 thread.

Nov 22, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #1,399 of 4,141
Quote:

Massdrop is a joke. Even if I actually wanted a pair of 650's I wouldn't buy them from mass drop, even at the discounted price. The wait is excessive and no guarantee you'll actually get the headphones due to all of the order and checkout hassles. Mass drop sucks.

Quote:

It's pretty clear he's incoherent and wavering in his comments and train of thought. One minute saying "I wouldn't buy from MD, even at the discounted price...etc", next minute "...The price made it specially tempting..."

We get it. You're upset because you woke up early and tried at 605am (not like there was ANYONE up when the drop went live) but missed out. What's the best way to go about it?
A: Pick yourself up like an adult and move on.
B: Pick a fight with everyone talking positive about MD/HD6XX and bash everyone while you're at it.

Guess we know which high road you took...and really, just unsub if you're so upset about it. It's about making a choice and with choices, there are consequences (good or bad).

Disclaimer: I am in on the drop. Was successful after many failed attempts and thumbs up to Massdrop for sorting out the issues after.

Nov 22, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #1,400 of 4,141
I'm pleased at Massdrop for not allowing multiple orders. It means more people got a shot at the HD6xx. I had two by some quirk of the server(s) and MD sorted it out fairly quickly. I know I could have sold the extra HD6xx, but I'd rather not have had to do that.

Nov 22, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #1,401 of 4,141
You gambled, you lost, now you're crying. The salt will never end, huh? 

On the bright side, MD is doing a darn good job for getting us this (and many other) sweet deal and also for cleaning things up. 

Nov 22, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #1,402 of 4,141
I had an issue like a lot of folks, and was one of the first to jump on this at the drop. Massdrop sorted it out and payment was made last night thank you massdrop.

Nov 22, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #1,404 of 4,141
Well for those of you who did not get included in the drop and are not hung up on getting a “HD6XX” edition but are hankering for a 650.... and are lucking enough to buy Sennheisers through Amazon.com (as there are regional restrictions...no shipping to Canada : ( )...... I’d be on their current “warehousedeals” lickity split …usually as good as new and free shipping.

Nov 22, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #1,405 of 4,141
Speaking of portable amps, lot of people at the HD650 forum are saying good things about the apogee groove. If it drives the 6xx reasonably, then considering the tiny size and portability, its a great companion for 6xx. In that case, this would be my Black Friday lookout.

Nov 22, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #1,406 of 4,141

It's pretty clear he's incoherent and wavering in his comments and train of thought. One minute saying "I wouldn't buy from MD, even at the discounted price...etc", next minute "...The price made it specially tempting..."

We get it. You're upset because you woke up early and tried at 605am (not like there was ANYONE up when the drop went live) but missed out. What's the best way to go about it?
A: Pick yourself up like an adult and move on.
B: Pick a fight with everyone talking positive about MD/HD6XX and bash everyone while you're at it.

Guess we know which high road you took...and really, just unsub if you're so upset about it. It's about making a choice and with choices, there are consequences (good or bad).

Disclaimer: I am in on the drop. Was successful after many failed attempts and thumbs up to Massdrop for sorting out the issues after.

Ah, your rant exemplifies your screen name: "silent scream."

Look in the mirror, you're the one ranting incoherently, name calling and baiting. 

Take your own advice: take the high road, shut up, and enjoy your headphones. :)

Nov 22, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #1,407 of 4,141
You know guys, it has gone a bit too long now, going after danmlr and back and forth. I think It is time now to get back to discussing headphones. This type of online bullying and bashing is not in the spirit of head-fi. It is one of the reasons I stick to these forums, that we have a really polite and friendly atmosphere, and I have seen other forums 
wink_face.gif
. So, lets maintain our reputation, OK. It can get out of hand real fast.

Nov 22, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #1,408 of 4,141
The stock cables suck, so I've been making some upgrades!

Nov 22, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #1,410 of 4,141

Users who are viewing this thread

Back