Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Nov 20, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #1,367 of 4,141
Nov 20, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #1,369 of 4,141
Thanks to everyone replying. I checked my e-mail daily after the drop ended and nothing ever went to my Massdrop folder or spam. So it looks like they just didn't even process my order, or cancelled it. I just want them to clarify what's going on with it. In hindsight, it they do have my order still or can correct it, I'd still pay them for the headphone, but this will be my last drop with them. 

Nov 20, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #1,371 of 4,141

Probably within a day or two after people receive them, or maybe a bit before. 

Its a shame, to think so many people woke up to attend the drop at odd times, waited for hours then didn't get anything. Now some people would be selling their's for profit, denying all those other people the chance to own and appreciate. I assume, among the many who didn't get, some were genuinely music lovers who would have cherished their headphones, not sold them for profit.

Nov 20, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #1,372 of 4,141

Its a shame, to think so many people woke up to attend the drop at odd times, waited for hours then didn't get anything. Now some people would be selling their's for profit, denying all those other people the chance to own and appreciate. I assume, among the many who didn't get, some were genuinely music lovers who would have cherished their headphones, not sold them for profit.

I seriously doubt they'll make much if anything. These sell for about $215 shipped. eBay and amazon charge 15% on both the item and fees. A few people might make $30 or $40 if they're able to sell for $275 to $300 new. 

Most people who picked these up are head fi hoarders. I wouldn't be surprised if many buyers already had a dozen or two dozen pair of headphones, with perhaps multiples of the senn 600 series. 

Nov 20, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #1,373 of 4,141
Flipping is not going to be profitable...too much hassle for too little gain (the price will not be inflated).

For those who didn't make this drop, be patient and wait for the next one.  Massdrop will always do a second or third drop.  With this much of interest, it will be a win-win for both Massdrop and Sennheiser to continue to offer this.    

Nov 20, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #1,374 of 4,141

So many tears.

Nov 20, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #1,375 of 4,141

Massdrop is a joke. Even if I actually wanted a pair of 650's I wouldn't buy them from mass drop, even at the discounted price. The wait is excessive and no guarantee you'll actually get the headphones due to all of the order and checkout hassles. Mass drop sucks. 

For what its worth I ordered the Grado GR60e and AKG 7XX on Mass Drop and it was smooth sailing all the way. Yes, the wait sucks. However besides that I have zero complaints.

Nov 20, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #1,376 of 4,141
I think when you sign up for a Massdrop, you're signing up for a Massdrop! Good, bad or indifferent it's what YOU signed up for.:rofl:

Nov 20, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #1,377 of 4,141
I'd never participated in a mass drop before. I had no idea what to expect. I  just assumed my order would go through. I tried first at 605 am, and continued trying repeatedly for well over half an hour. I gave up in frustration. 

There is an expectation that placing an order won't require a 6 AM wakeup time and several hours of endless attempts at placing an order for an order to actually get through.

I tried to get in on another mass drop. No idea if I'll ever actually see those. A hold's been placed on paypal so I assume the answer is yes. Who knows. 

Nov 21, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #1,378 of 4,141
I've been on massdrop for almost two years now and this drop is the only one where I had problems joining.  Which makes sense, considering the amount of people hitting the site at once.  It kind of reminds me of my lockerz days.

Nov 21, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #1,380 of 4,141
I passed on these. Great deal, but I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars for dark headphones. 
Your disliking a headphone you've never heard before. Brilliant. You can unsub now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back