Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Nov 18, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #1,337 of 4,141
  Your "Car" is dying? never heard such a statement in my life.

You mean a vehicle?

A vehicle does not die per say, is the transmission going? engine block? it can be fixed

That is a very common saying, kinda like my car is on its last legs. 

Nov 19, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #1,339 of 4,141
I just got my mass drop email. I'm really conflicted. I don't generally like darker headphones. But the reputation and price make me want to reconsider. I'm leaning against it. 

I dropped my order for a similar reason, paid a little extra for peace of mind. I enjoy treble and not a huge warm sig fan. The wait time killed it aswell, my HDs will be here next week instead of a month and a half.

Nov 19, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #1,341 of 4,141

He means a car. he said it correctly.

Eh!.... we say car here in Canada too..lol...

Anyway here it is Saturday and almost 2 wks after the drop and I'm still scratching my head...believe I was 176 on the initial request and thought "hey not a bad buy"....waited for the drop to open and then...and then....hmmmmm...what's up....nothing ..nada after 2 hours...
Eventually I was sent, to my surprise, a request to join this week and so I have....But to see 5000 units go in no time at all....servers slowed down and crashing because of and now as of this morning almost 30,0000 requested...makes you wonder???

Nov 19, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #1,342 of 4,141
Your "Car" is dying? never heard such a statement in my life.

You mean a vehicle?

A vehicle does not die per say, is the transmission going? engine block? it can be fixed
Cost more to fix than what it would be worth. Plus the wife wants a new one.

Nov 19, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #1,343 of 4,141
When I clicked the button to get the HD6XX, I had to leave it ask needed to go out. I came back to find I was taken to a non-existent page. The drop was over and I thought I was not getting it. The later on I got two email message that I got to sets

Funny how it worked. I was most likely one of the last to get in

Nov 19, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #1,345 of 4,141
I keep looking at the photos on Massdrop, and I gotta say, I really like the color of these.

As much as I love the sound of the HD600, I've always felt it looked like garbage. The HD650 always appealed more to my aesthetic tastes, not to mention my apatite for a warm signature. But these HD6XX are even more handsome!

Can't wait. :D

If these satisfy like I hope they will, I may be giving away my HD600 to a friend. I haven't told him yet. Don't want to get his hopes up, if things don't work out.

Nov 19, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #1,346 of 4,141
  I didn't get email... :frowning2: Still want one.

Maybe still hope... otherwise no unboxing video..... : (

Mine didn't go through until the other day... now just hopping they ship USPS to Canada as the exchange rate is currently pretty dismal and a $70.00 brokerage fee plus $45 in  HST will just kill the deal.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back