Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Nov 3, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #31 of 4,141
What's next, Massdrop? The Beyerdynamic DT 8xx? No, don't get any ideas!

This is madness! You've gone too far, Massdrop. You can't sell every headphone in the world at reduced prices. It's...too good for us! You're going to make us spend all of our money!

Nov 3, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #32 of 4,141
  What's next, Massdrop? The Beyerdynamic DT 8xx? No, don't get any ideas!

This is madness! You've gone too far, Massdrop. You can't sell every headphone in the world at reduced prices. It's...too good for us! You're going to make us spend all of our money!

dang, that avatar when i figured it out lolz

wallpaper available? :p

Nov 3, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #33 of 4,141
I've been itching to get another 650, just couldn't find a use done for as low as I wanted. Definitely grabbing a pair!

Nov 3, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #36 of 4,141
A no-brainer deal! I'll mark the calendar and try to fight to get one at the first minute. :)

Nov 3, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #37 of 4,141
 How does the 650 (6XX) compare to the LCD-3? 

The Sennheiser are a lot lighter and more comfortable. They do have slightly less highs than any revision of the LCD-3. They have similar midrange levels, just not quite the detail. Sound staging is similar (very good and moderately open, but not as spacious as some others). A little less mid bass than any revision LCD-3. Bass overall is slower & not as impactful. LCD-3 current revision bass extends about as low as the Sennheiser, but older revision LCD-3 (like their LCD-2) especially pre-Fazor, extend and slam better in the lower subs (Audeze biggest mistake has been reducing those subs). Even their flagship LCD-4 is just a more precise sounding, sub bass-light iteration. You're not going to get any improvement in any area in my opinion, other than comfort, weight and price.

Nov 3, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #38 of 4,141
Ha!  I called it!  
wink.gif

tongue.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/692119/the-deals-discussion-thread-read-the-first-post/22095#post_12979089

Quote:

Massdrop edition Beats???  
very_evil_smiley.gif

eek.gif

very_evil_smiley.gif

--

Nov 3, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #39 of 4,141
I need help ... im in a hurdle... My birthday is on Nov 7th... and I asked my family to get me a pair of HD600's I have one pinpointed at amazon for 260 ish... NOW this happens.... I have no Idea what to do... I dont know If I can wait until DEC lol 

some advice... on HD600's vs HD650's?

Nov 3, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #43 of 4,141
  The Sennheiser are a lot lighter and more comfortable. They do have slightly less highs than any revision of the LCD-3. They have similar midrange levels, just not quite the detail. Sound staging is similar (very good and moderately open, but not as spacious as some others). A little less mid bass than any revision LCD-3. Bass overall is slower & not as impactful. LCD-3 current revision bass extends about as low as the Sennheiser, but older revision LCD-3 (like their LCD-2) especially pre-Fazor, extend and slam better in the lower subs (Audeze biggest mistake has been reducing those subs). Even their flagship LCD-4 is just a more precise sounding, sub bass-light iteration. You're not going to get any improvement in any area in my opinion, other than comfort, weight and price.

Thanks, I wish I could get the highs of the 3 with the subs of the 2.2 pref would be damn near my perfect headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back