Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Jun 28, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #3,377 of 4,141
Looks like money talked and Sennheiser/Massdrop has listened. Now back to $199 once they hit 5K units. Was fine not joining before this, but now very tempted...

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx/talk/1735312

Can also purchase 3 per account now instead of 1. I am damn near tempted to buy one as a spare or possibly Christmas gift for someone, as I was in the first drop. It's a damn good deal. At $200 plus shipping, it's much easier to wait until December. At $250 plus the shipping, it's a lot harder to justify when one can get it the original for $315 on Amazon with 2-day prime shipping.

My guess is they put a date over 6 months out to try to make sure they don't ship late. I'm betting they'll start shipping them in waves as they become available, and will try to get the last ones out by December 18th.

Jun 28, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #3,383 of 4,141
Hi

I am new to massdrop website and the whole idea behind it. So, excuse my bluntness please when I ask you straight: how reliable is this project? Am I right in understanding that massdrop guys collect money now and promise to ship HD6XX in December? Who can guarantee that they will not run away before December with all the money collected?

Also, why are these headphones called HD6XX and not HD650? To avoid future legal issues when it will turn out that HD6XX is not even remotely close to HD650?

Jun 28, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #3,384 of 4,141
Hi

I am new to massdrop website and the whole idea behind it. So, excuse my bluntness please when I ask you straight: how reliable is this project? Am I right in understanding that massdrop guys collect money now and promise to ship HD6XX in December? Who can guarantee that they will not run away before December with all the money collected?

Also, why are these headphones called HD6XX and not HD650? To avoid future legal issues when it will turn out that HD6XX is not even remotely close to HD650?

Once the drop has ended, Massdrop will collect your money. Massdrop has been doing things like this for years on thousands of items. I guess there is always a possibility any company can take your money and run, but I couldn't imagine why they'd do that now after so many years of successful business. I and several others on this site have participated in drops and have gotten the items.

The trend of them to rename the item with Xs to replace numbers is so it is known that it is a specific Massdrop model, and the fact that usually a Massdrop model is tuned a bit different. However, as stated on the drop page, this is the exact same tuning. Several other successful headphones from Massdrop have had the number alteration in the name, such as the AKG 7XX and Fostex TH-X00.

Jun 28, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #3,385 of 4,141
Glad to see that we've returned to old pricing.

Jun 28, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #3,386 of 4,141
Must agree with those who have commented on the delivery date.

Massdrop is well behind the curve on this, what with retailers
around the country increasing their shipping speed (and
reducing their shipping fees) following the game-changing success
of Amazon Prime.

Jun 28, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #3,387 of 4,141
Still December for ship date. I would love a pair just not sure about December.

Jun 28, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #3,390 of 4,141
they are over flooding the market and bring the need/want of the hd650 down.

everyone seems to love their hd6xx, I don't see alot of them in sale on here or any other selling sites.

The retail stores are the ones that suffer in this drop, they won't be able to sell the hd650 and retain the margin they want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back