Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Jun 26, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #3,361 of 4,141
Looks like there isn't nearly as much hype/demand as there was last time for these.. it's been 4 and half hours since the drop started and they arent even half sold out yet.
I got up early to order a set for backup first thing this morning thinking they would go fast, doh!

Jun 26, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #3,362 of 4,141
I would imagine the $50.00 price increase is slowing things down a bit. The first drop at $200.00 was a steal...

:L3000:

Jun 26, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #3,364 of 4,141
Jun 26, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #3,365 of 4,141
Probably the price increase and the fact not shipping till December 18 might have something to do with the lack of interest., I was interested in it till I saw the ship date. I might try and find a used pair to buy if anyone wants to sell me a pair.

Jun 26, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #3,366 of 4,141
I thought six weeks I had to wait was long time on the first drop. I can not imagine waiting six months...

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #3,368 of 4,141
"drop" is short for "drop shipment" in Massdrop's usage of the term. Nothing to do with the price. Specifically Massdrop is using the word "drop" as the name for their sales offers: https://helpdesk.massdrop.com/hc/en-us/articles/216539348-How-does-Massdrop-work-

Actually you are both right when it comes to the name. It's a double entendre. The name is meant as a play on words to being massive drops in price along with mass drop shipments.

But as the previous poster stated, with the price going up, the massdrop as the name refers to price dropping is not living up to its name at all.

Jun 26, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #3,369 of 4,141
I'm one of those people that find the FiiO E10K capable of running the HD650. I had the previous version, the E10 (not the "k") and it powered both the HD650 and the HD600 without breaking a sweat, in low gain mode. If we were talking about the Akg K701 then I'd advise against the FiiO.

Thanks for the info. I joined the Drop for the 650's. I'm not in a hurry for these. I will probably end up trying some of the Schitt products to power these.

Jun 26, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #3,370 of 4,141
"drop" is short for "drop shipment" in Massdrop's usage of the term. Nothing to do with the price. Specifically Massdrop is using the word "drop" as the name for their sales offers: https://helpdesk.massdrop.com/hc/en-us/articles/216539348-How-does-Massdrop-work-
Where did you get this information? The link you provided does not support what you wrote. When you order something from one vendor but the item is shipped directly from the manufacturer or another vendor then it is "drop-shipped". Nothing to do with Massdrop or the way they operate. They ship themselves.

Jun 27, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #3,371 of 4,141
I was really interested in getting a pair of these despite the $50 price increase over last time. I have a pair of AKG K7XXs that I use 100% of the time on my desktop at home with my Creative X7 and I love the sound I get out of them. I was interested in a pair of these as a slightly cheaper backup headphone in case something ever happened, or to carry around in my bag and have good headphones for when I am on the move and want good sound however I believe I would need to buy a DAC/Amp to carry around with my laptop to use them as well. Seeing the $50 price increase and not shipping for 6 months has stopped me from definitely placing the order and trying to decide what I should do now. I definitely don't NEED them, but I am very interested in them...I don't feel comfortable carrying around my K7XX or my AD700s because of the type of headband they use and am afraid it is too delicate and thought the 6xx might be perfect for taking with me places. Decisions decisions...by the time I get these from MD I probably could buy them on ebay for the same or similar price and have them sooner.

Jun 27, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #3,373 of 4,141
*sigh* Yeah, I'm in the same boat. There's no way I'm waiting till December, especially with the price hike. Truthfully I'm not surprised they raised it, I had commented earlier about the feasibility of selling it so cheap en masse. It's a shame really. Not saying I couldn't get them or that I don't want them. I definitely still do, but... I'm saving for other things first. Things that get here before 2018

Users who are viewing this thread

Back