Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Dec 17, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #1,981 of 4,141
This too. I am with JWolf and want my sound always to sound as intended as closely as possible, but if you want to change recordings to all sound the way you like, go for it.
How do you know how it was intended to sound like?

Dec 17, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #1,982 of 4,141
This too. I am with JWolf and want my sound always to sound as intended as closely as possible, but if you want to change recordings to all sound the way you like, go for it.
Most of the amp, be it SS or AMP will color the sound anyway. There is no way to know which amp is uncolored. If you are looking for transparency and clarity, then go for SS amp. But, a low THD SS amp that can provide plenty of power, let's say 400mW at 300ohm is going to cost plenty of $$, much more than entry level tube amp that provide around the same amount of power.

Dec 17, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #1,983 of 4,141
I know when I use my schiit fulla 2 the soundstage is increased for all my cans, its quite lovely.  I am not sure if that means its bad technically speaking, but I prefer it over my vali 2 and mimby.  

Dec 17, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #1,984 of 4,141
popcorn.gif

Dec 17, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #1,988 of 4,141
Apart from some review sites or headfi, does any one has both the HD650 and HD6XX? can we have a side by side comparison in term of SQ?
You can trust tyill at inner fidelity. He has measured and confirmed they are the same drivers.

Dec 17, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #1,989 of 4,141
  Apart from some review sites or headfi, does any one has both the HD650 and HD6XX? can we have a side by side comparison in term of SQ?

They are the exact same headphone with the exception of color and cables.  NO difference in SQ or sound signature...

Dec 17, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #1,990 of 4,141
Technially, it's not good because it is changing the sound significantly.

Bruh. Just give it a rest, "technically" is irrelevant, who are you to tell somebody else their preferences when it comes to something as utterly subjective as audio and music are "not good" because the gear they're using is changing the sound significantly. People enjoy what they want to enjoy and your opinion of whether they're right or wrong is irrelevant, be it darker tilted headphones, bass boosted EQ, tube amplification, R2R DACs, none of your technicalities matter, objectivity is non-existent, if someone is happy then they're happy, they feel good about what they've achieved and that's their business.

Dec 17, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #1,993 of 4,141
  Ok for the review units. How about units they sent us 
evil_smiley.gif
 could they be different  ?

Why would they be?  No conspiracy here... 
confused.gif

Dec 17, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #1,994 of 4,141
Technially, it's not good because it is changing the sound significantly.

How do you know his old amp wasn't confining the soundstage and the Fulla 2 isn't just bringing the true capabilities out for his headphones?

You don't do you? Because you don't even care to listen to other gear. You've made up your mind that you know everything in the world of audio without having even experienced half of it. You probably read some blog by some dude who made this one okayish amp and took it as gospel. Now you try and spread your "wisdom" around the internet and lash out towards people with differing opinions, even if they have more experience than you. Why? Because how dare they refute that thing you read on a blog once.

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #1,995 of 4,141

Users who are viewing this thread

Back