Sennheiser RS180 Battery Issue
Oct 5, 2010 at 11:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rjupiter

New Head-Fier
the set of batteries that came with the cans don't seem to charge or if they do take two days or more to do so. way to long to be useful, i feel they are bad. can i just replace them with any rechargeables like some eneloops and still be able to use the built-in charger?

Oct 6, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #2 of 6
http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_wireless-headphones_502875?Open&cnt1=product&cnt2=techdata

Yes, you can replace with any battery as long as is AAA rechargeable battery. I would suggest you charge the battery with a extra charger. The build-in charger seem like charging way too slow.

Oct 6, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #3 of 6
ok, so in general its a known issue that the 180 charger is slow in charging? i would rather not have to keep taking the pads off an on to put in fresh charged batteries.

Oct 24, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
the set of batteries that came with the cans don't seem to charge or if they do take two days or more to do so. way to long to be useful, i feel they are bad. can i just replace them with any rechargeables like some eneloops and still be able to use the built-in charger?

It appears that the batteries are actually getting charged even when the LED indication says it's not fully charged yet. My RS 180 set has charging indication issue during the 1st couple of charges, only then the indication became normal after each charging cycle.

Oct 23, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #5 of 6
I bought mine last week, the manual says that using other rechargible batteries will  nullify the warranty, though it allows for regular batteries though DON"t recharge them or pow !  The first charge takes 16 hours which mine did,  I use them up to 8 hours and the recharging is about 2 hours  or less after that.
I also will check out other batteries, maybe recharge them elsewhere and switch on and off.

Oct 23, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #6 of 6
Did you have a look at how old this thread is before necro-ing? >.>
This gear's positively ancient, there's a far better successor now, not-to-mention competing devices from other ODMs/OEMS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back