Sennheiser PX 100: White or black?
Jan 13, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #46 of 49
I bought mine mid december 2005 @ mediamarkt!

They both where available, and had exactly the same specs.

There were some diferences in the package, the natural sound and the 2yr warranty being some.

looking at the bar code the numbers were prety much the same and both had that sticker next to the barcodes on the back.

mine is 0541, the white ones also started with 05XX, so I can only assume that I bought the new version....

Jan 13, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #47 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by vak
I'm just curious, who has a Sennheiser PX 100 which is white, and who has a Sennheiser PX 100 which is black? Which do you prefer, and why?

I have a pair of PX100s in black. Stay away from the white model, trust me. You'll regret it in a couple of months, when it turns dirt grayish and ugly.

That's what happened to my Sony EX71. Like a lemming, I bought them on white to match my iPod (as if it was worth it), and it two months they started to look gray, specially the cable. And some of that dirt doesn't come off, even when cleaning them with alcohol.

Stay with the black model. Longer lasting, less conspicuous, and cleaner looking. One day we will look back at all this iPod-white fad and we will shake our heads in disbelief.

Nov 20, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #49 of 49
This is an old thread, but still seemed a most relevant place to post my recent colour choice for PX 100 phones: although I've always had them in black, they've found a slight freshening of look with stock, off-white pads.  Quite recently, Sennheiser sold me their yellow "retro" pads and I think this will make them look even more keen:

- wader

Users who are viewing this thread

Back