Sennheiser PC360 Discontinued!?
Feb 10, 2013 at 6:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Werkshop712

New Head-Fier
Okay guys, I'm getting worried here. I've been saving up for the longest time to get the ultimate gaming audio setup, the Sennheiser PC360 and Astro MixAmp. I'm getting my tax return soon and went back to my Amazon account to check on it, and... it's gone. There is only one left from a vendor charging $450 for it when I KNOW it was only $300 a few months ago. I've checked all over Google trying to find one, but every single store is out of stock.

Please, please, PLEASE don't tell me they've been discontinued. I think I'd cry.

Feb 10, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #3 of 30
Damn. I was hoping to avoid a clip on especially considering how high quality the mic on the 360 is... But you say the sound quality is the same as the HD 598? What about an AKG Q701?

Feb 10, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #7 of 30
You game on console, since you want to get the mixamp?

Feb 10, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #8 of 30
Just get something nice like HD598 and put on a microphone like this: http://www.modmic.com/. There's some youtube vids comparing the antlion mics to other decent mics and the quality is quite good!

Feb 10, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #9 of 30
Quote:
You game on console, since you want to get the mixamp?

Yeah, I game on my Xbox 360 and PS3.
Quote:
Just get something nice like HD598 and put on a microphone like this: http://www.modmic.com/. There's some youtube vids comparing the antlion mics to other decent mics and the quality is quite good!

Alright thanks man, I'll keep that in mind, but I found someone who's selling their PC 360. I just hope he doesn't get rid of it before I get my tax returns.

Feb 10, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #10 of 30
Well, i checked at Newegg site and it says they are being discontinued. However, you can still buy at the Bay. 

Feb 10, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #11 of 30
Quote:
Well, i checked at Newegg site and it says they are being discontinued. However, you can still buy at the Bay. 

That's horrible... I don't get why they would discontinue such a perfect headset. It's the top pick for many serious MLG players.

OH WAIT, I know why they're doing this... It's to push more people towards their new PC 363D headset. Damn business tactics... Looks like I'll be buying the used one in that case.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #12 of 30
The 363D marketing spiel is pretty silly.

"Sennheiser's 'Eargonomic Acoustic Refinement' technology delivers ultimate sonic accuracy and clarity by channeling signals directly into your ears."

In other words, Sennheiser figured out that the driver should be pointing towards the ear. I'm pretty sure their competition is ahead on this one.

Feb 10, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #13 of 30
Quote:
That's horrible... I don't get why they would discontinue such a perfect headset. It's the top pick for many serious MLG players.

OH WAIT, I know why they're doing this... It's to push more people towards their new PC 363D headset. Damn business tactics... Looks like I'll be buying the used one in that case.

Thanks for clearing that up.

The PC360s sound very similar to HD555/558, and are also pretty similar to 598 which means they have a good soundstage and thus good for gaming. However you can probably save money buying HD598 and adding a mic (even Zalman would be great if you can manage to clip it properly). Not to mention you can take the mic off and use the headphones for general listening. And if you really want the best soundstage you can get some Grado SR-80s -- this is what the best pro CS 1.6 players used to have.

Feb 11, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #14 of 30
Hey Werkshop712.  I was browsing the forums and I actually have a pair of PC360s I bought and used for only a week.  I didn't like them because I have a large head and they were uncomfortable for me.  Would you be interested in purchasing them? 

I don't mind selling them to someone on head-fi for a good deal.  I was going to post it up on the for sale thread once I hit the 15 forum post count.  I will provide photos and my ebay id if you need verification.

Edit: Oh nevermind.  I guess you found something else you wanted.  Message me if you are ever interested.

Feb 11, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #15 of 30
If I want an external mic that is just a bit better than eg. the zalman, what could I get?

It would be preferable to have it on my desk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back