Sennheiser PC 350 cable problem
Aug 14, 2011 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

nickb29

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

Hopefully this is the right sub-forum. I didn't know whether to put it in this one or the DIY forum. Anyways, on to the problem:

I have a Sennheiser PC 350 headset and the cable has been cut in half. Not to get into the details, but the cable is in several pieces, a cut below the built in dial and above it. I have checked everywhere for a replacement cable for this headset to no avail. I was wondering if I could repair this headset myself? It of course has a microphone and stereo line. How would I go about doing this? I've never really repaired any wires or such.

Thank you in advance. I greatly appreciate any help.

Aug 14, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #2 of 8
If you can remove the cable as in it is a detachable cable, call up Sennheiser for the replacement.

Other then that, it's soldering wires to you. If you don't mind a little a little loss of clarity, you can also crimp them together with good old 16 gauge male to female wire crimps.

Wires should be the same color is you cut the shielding off. 

But everything other then replacement cable is some electrical experience. If you don't have much, then sell the cans here as a little project for someone and buy some new ones. 

Aug 14, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #4 of 8
One more question as I just looked at it a bit further. Is it possible that I could just avoid soldering the dial/mute in all together? Or does it not work that way? I never use that piece anyways. The only thing that concerns me is the cable that leads up to the headset is single with multiple wires twisted together inside. The cable that leads down to the computer is double, one for the microphone, other for the stereo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back