Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 3 Impressions Thread
May 21, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #91 of 568
Well I’m in the MTW3 club as well now. I didn’t like the earlier Sennheiser TWS before the 3 (sorry….) so I was skeptical about it. I’m so glad I gave them a try because I absolutely love them, my favorite TWS to date. Had the Sony xm4 before it and the Sennheiser is clearly a level up in both tuning and technicalities.
Especially the tuning is spot on for my tastes, very nice. I also welcome the price drop to 249€, with a product that’s destined to be thrown away when the battery dies 300€ or more is hard to swallow. That is also why I avoid b&o offerings no matter how good they might sound.
Had a long session with them yesterday night and will test the ANC today in the train.

Now I’m just very eagerly waiting for a new over ear momentum 😁
Welcome to the #MTW3Club !
Still love these as well. My overall favorite TWS buds so far, I think (and god knows I've tried many). Sound is great as is fit and volume! Previously sorely missing features on the MTW2 like wireless charging and individual bud usage, as well as better ANC make these really a competitive product. Good that they dropped the price to 249 as well.

They still need to iron out some bugs and quirks and improve on a couple of things, though (e.g. too sensitive mics with regard to wind noise, or sudden loud sounds like closing a car door etc.). I would also like to have the sidetone feature back! Is there are reason why this very handy feature has been removed in the first place? And hopefully they rather quickly implement multipoint bluetooth as they said they would. Keep the firmware updates coming!
They will keep coming!
So, how are people EQ'ing the MTW3 so far...

...What do you guys use?
Totally digging the sub bass in OOTB tuning.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
May 21, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #92 of 568
So, how are people EQ'ing the MTW3 so far? I have been using the stock EQ all the time and have now put a +2db to the "highs" in the app as I feel the highs might be ever so slightly underemphasized in the stock EQ compared to the lows and mids. Sounds great, I think.

What do you guys use?
I'm running the same actually. Left at stock for a bit to get familiar with it and now just running+2db to highs for a bit extra air.
Rather than changing bass I just turn on the bass boost when there is a track I want to push a bit harder.

May 22, 2022 at 5:56 AM Post #93 of 568
anyone know some good ear tips for these as i am getting a good seal 50% of the time and other times i am not and i have tried every combo with the tips i and bands.

i don't understand how sometimes i can get a good seal and other times i cannot i am even trying g different methods of putting them in my ears and there is no 100% every time seal.

I might try out and add the +2 to the highs and let you know how it sounds.

May 22, 2022 at 7:12 AM Post #94 of 568
anyone know some good ear tips for these as i am getting a good seal 50% of the time and other times i am not and i have tried every combo with the tips i and bands.

i don't understand how sometimes i can get a good seal and other times i cannot i am even trying g different methods of putting them in my ears and there is no 100% every time seal.

I had a similar experience at first. Couldn't get a good seal at first with the stock tips. Now it works more often than not but sometimes I need to readjust them a bit.

The stock tips of the MTW2 do fit but they are not the exact same size and need a bit of pressure to put them on the stem. I'm not using them anymore though as I like that little foam driver protection thing in the new stock tips and the last gen stock tips didn't have that.

For the +2db in highs, you probably need a perfect seal to evaluate it but I guess that's always the case when comparing and adjusting EQ settings :)

May 22, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #95 of 568

Final Type E TWS are my choice for comfort, sq wise they are not that far off

May 22, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #96 of 568
I had a similar experience at first. Couldn't get a good seal at first with the stock tips. Now it works more often than not but sometimes I need to readjust them a bit.
With my MTW3 I have to set them, then pull them out just ever so slightly. Also, the axis in which they are on is different for each of my ears; if you think of your ear like the face of a clock and the earbud being perfectly vertical as being a "midnight" position, my left is 11:30pm and my right is 12:30am. It made a HUGE difference in the seal, even with stock "fins". Don't hesitate to experiment with the axis, too @meridius

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
May 22, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #99 of 568
Wil give that a try. What eq are you using as there is no high ? base, mids, treble.
+2db treble then.

In German, the app calls it "Höhen" which translates as "highs" :)

May 22, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #100 of 568
+2db treble then.

Lol. Thought it would be that as I had a little play and it sounds like it opens the music to my ears. a lot of people are suggesting adding +2 the treble what I have read

Not to sure if it needs +1 to the base

I have had a good play with the tips and twists and the outer wing bands and I am still having problems with a seal every time. I seem to be lucky when they hit the spot to seal them but Can not seem to nail why I can get a seal and sometimes I can not

BUT

The ANC is very buggy on these. As I had to turn on and off ANC a few times in the app for it to kick in and that’s without touching the tips. I wonder if this is the problem I might be getting a good seal but the ANC might be buggy and sometimes
Might not kick In making me think it’s a bad seal.

I have been sitting here thinking the ANC is not good as I can hear things around me but I tried turning anc on and off a couple of times and bang the ANC sounds strong. Wonder if there is a bug in the active ANC and I might have a good seal without me knowing it because of the ANC is buggy. Something strange going on that’s for sure.

Noticed when selecting wind and then On it stays in wind even though on is highlighted as there’s no change to the sound. You have to go wind then off then on for it to switch right.

Anyone used the sound check ?

Last edited:
May 23, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #101 of 568
I just tried my MTW2 tips on the MTW3 and damn, such a better fit/seal. I used the large on both sets but I wasn't getting a solid seal with the stock MTW3 ones. I do find that I have to change the angle I put these in vs the MTW2 also, something to get used to.

May 23, 2022 at 1:32 AM Post #102 of 568
+2db treble then.

Lol. Thought it would be that as I had a little play and it sounds like it opens the music to my ears. a lot of people are suggesting adding +2 the treble what I have read

I have had a good play with the tips and twists and the outer wing bands and I am still having problems with a seal every time. I seem to be lucky when they hit the spot to seal them but Can not seem to nail why I can get a seal and sometimes I can
I just tried my MTW2 tips on the MTW3 and damn, such a better fit/seal. I used the large on both sets but I wasn't getting a solid seal with the stock MTW3 ones. I do find that I have to change the angle I put these in vs the MTW2 also, something to get used to.
the problem with the mtw3 tips is the wax guard is built into the tip and not the bud like the 2s so any tip you use from now without one will get gunk into the ear peace as they have a very fine mesh on the front which I dought you could clean easily.

This is problematic for replacement tips.

May 23, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #103 of 568

I have had a good play with the tips and twists and the outer wing bands and I am still having problems with a seal every time. I seem to be lucky when they hit the spot to seal them but Can not seem to nail why I can get a seal and sometimes I can

the problem with the mtw3 tips is the wax guard is built into the tip and not the bud like the 2s so any tip you use from now without one will get gunk into the ear peace as they have a very fine mesh on the front which I dought you could clean easily.

This is problematic for replacement tips.
I’m new to this thread, and just ordered a set of MTW3. For the AirPods Pro that I own, Dekoni (and others) makes a memory foam replacement tip with waxguard built into the tip. Are Sennheiser’s MTW series not popular enough to have third party manufacturers making alternate replacement tips with wax guards built in?

May 23, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #104 of 568
I’m new to this thread, and just ordered a set of MTW3. For the AirPods Pro that I own, Dekoni (and others) makes a memory foam replacement tip with waxguard built into the tip. Are Sennheiser’s MTW series not popular enough to have third party manufacturers making alternate replacement tips with wax guards built in?
Comply has some for the MTW 1/2 but none (yet) for the new MTW3. Just a matter of time, though.

May 23, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #105 of 568
not touching foam tips ever again it's just too expensive as i always needed to replace them every 6 weeks and the ones for the mt2 a very expensive.

these mt3 are really winding me up it took me 5 min of taking them in and out to find the seal. then after that i am sure there is a bug with the ANC as my right ear peace did not sound as strong. i took them in and out a few times again and did not seem to get any change and also every time i hit a pot hole or something with a force jolt on the bus the right ear peace would make a vibration rubbing sound like the ANC was introducing the sound. i took them in and out and always the same then after 20 min of farting about i hit the transparency mode by accident, I turned it off to ANC on and it seemed to kick in a high level of ANC and then the vibration sound was gone when i had a force jolt on the bus from bad roads the vibration rubbing sound was gone.

I decided to look this up and seems i am not the only one with this problem, link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/sennheiser..._anc_function_only_works_on_the_right_earbud/

I need to try and find better tips for these as i am nearly ready to give up on these but nothing with a wax guard and it's a shame as they sound great, also there are a lot of bugs with these especially the ANC and hope they fix it soon.

next time it happens i am going to try the transparency on and off to see if it kicks starts the ANC again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back