Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 3 Impressions Thread
Jan 23, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #556 of 560
As owner of this phones I believe the biggest problem is oversimplified and syrupy, uninvolving, splashy and pillowy sound. Instruments don’t have some reasonable definition to them. This phones just don’t move you. After two tracks I forgot that I listen to music through them. Also, I cannot say they are V shaped as heights are really missing here, so that could be also a reason why they miss crispness to the sound. I have impression that I rather have a toy in my ears than phones for a relatively serious price for TWS.

It’s a pitty that company with so much potential and knowledge cannot or just don’t want to compete with garage companies in TWS business.

Mar 19, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #557 of 560
Greetings.
I've been using the Sony WF-1000XM4 for a few years. I'm just looking to try something new. I'm nearing 70 years old so there is definitely some high-frequency hearing loss. The Sennhesier popped up and I've always respected the brand. I'm trying to stay below $150.00. Any suggestions or input?
Thanks

Mar 19, 2024 at 1:40 PM Post #558 of 560
Greetings.
I've been using the Sony WF-1000XM4 for a few years. I'm just looking to try something new. I'm nearing 70 years old so there is definitely some high-frequency hearing loss. The Sennhesier popped up and I've always respected the brand. I'm trying to stay below $150.00. Any suggestions or input?
Thanks

If you find the XM4 to be lacking treble energy and detail the MTW3/4 will add more in those areas. The MTW3 is on sale more often now as they clear them out. There are enough issues with the 3 I would only buy new for warranty purposes.

Are you Apple or Android? If Android does your phone support APTx Adaptive or Lossless? Samsungs for example only go as high as APTx none of the higher APTx codecs. If not you will be using either AAC or standard APTx which means you can't really take full advantage of the MTW's.

JLAB recently released a new model called Epic Lab that looks to have extremely good sound quality and decent ANC. It might be a good lower cost alternative to Sennheiser. It also supports LDAC which is an easier codec to support on most Android phones.

Mar 19, 2024 at 3:57 PM Post #559 of 560
I use a Samsung S23 Ultra. I'll have to take a look at the JLab. I've owned their less expensive models in the past. I can pick up a pair of the Sennheiser's for about 110.00 new.

Mar 19, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #560 of 560
I can't comment on the Jlab from personal experience. But do own the MTW3. I like it's functionality and features wind reduction that actually works well.

For music once they did a FW update they started to sound really good using their personal tuning process.

My pair started to have issues though after about 5 months use. Weird pinging thing and then the ANC had a dramatic shift in sound around the same time and almost feels like it sucks out the air. Very unpleasant. Need to warranty them but been to lazy...

Have read of people with similar issues go through a couple pairs. So as much as I live their sound and features, I am on the fence about a big recommendation. But $110 is a good price which helps make it easier 😀.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back