Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 2 (MTW2)
Jun 21, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #91 of 228
Jul 9, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #92 of 228
Apperently they've pushed out an update, it mostly introduced the connection control and an updated EQ setting, no update for me yet tho.

"

• Finally a band-equalizer (even though it is only a very simple one)
  • Connection Control on the MTW2
  • „Better behaviour of the equalizer settings“
  • Estimated times of firmware updates are displayed now.
  • Performance optimizations and bugfixes.
"

Jul 9, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #93 of 228
I bought the MTW2 last month and think they are an excellent earphone however u can't use them at the moment as i lost the charging case while out cycling (don't ask). Contacted Sennheiser UK and its going to be Sept before they start selling the case in its own. Nightmare

Jul 22, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #94 of 228
I've not seen the MTW2's - when I could find them in stock - anywhere for less than MSRP of $299 + tax, which came out for me to be $366.13

Brand new last generation MTW 1's for $159.98 from BB:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sennhe...adphones-silver-black/6311203.p?skuId=6311203

Update: BB raised the MTW 1's price to $189.98

Well, that's nice Too bad I already got my $366 back from returning the MTW 2's and rolled that audiophile investment money over into Dunu DK2001's. :)

At least for me, in my particular "I've already bought it and returned" phase, I'll probably wait till the MTW 2's are down around $178, after the MTW 3's are released...

The MTW 2's did sound great though, and with noise canceling now working...

But man, $299 for MTW 2's or $299 for Dunu DK2001's with interchangeable connectors, I'm counting on the DK2001's delivering much better sound.

And, my ordered DK2001's come with 2.5mm, 3.5mm, and 4.4mm connectors on Silver Litz wire, all I need is a BTR5, tiny BTR3k, or a DAP to drive them.

The DK2001's come in Green as well...and they are "open back" sound stage improved...

Oh, yeah, DK2001's need wires and the MTW 2's are wireless, so there's that. :owl:

Update: Drop has added the MTW 2's at a *huge* "discount"... $300! :scream_cat:
https://drop.com/buy/sennheiser-momentum-true-wireless-2
https://drop.com/featured/sennheiser
Dayum dude $66 in taxes on $299?? That’s crazy. 0% sales tax where I’m at

Jul 25, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #96 of 228
Been trying all sorts of ear tips for the Sony XM3 but they are just took big and bulky and don't fit my ear good. I wonder if these are considered a step up or down from these in terms of sound quality and general flagship level?

Aug 6, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #98 of 228
I bought a set of these for exercise and outdoor work, to replace my Sony's. My Dad needed a pair, so I gave him mine.

The tuning is excellent, on the TW2, as all around assessment (for wireless buds, so that is relative), but man the he volume is pretty low. Something is awry with the internal amp, as I have to max to volume on my phone, laptop or various Dap's to get any level of actual "loudness". I typically listen very low on most of my devices (for example none of my Daps ever goes above 40), so this seems odd to have to set the volume on my source to full volume. I sure hope they can fix this with some firmware updates before my return window is up.

The stem that enters your ear is VERY shallow, so be forewarned if you have long canals. The ribbed rim to connect tips is also very shallow. I have not lost one yet, so they sit comfortable in ear. They are more comfortable than my Xm3's. Neither can compete with even a midrange wired iem, but of course that is not the point for wireless earbuds for the gym and work.

Also the app is useless in comparison to the jabra or sony app's. The EQ is pretty poor, so pretty much the app is only for firmware updates and if you want to manually turn some of the touch features on and off. Sony wins in the app department. I had some coupons so the cost of entry is not that high for me, but I don't know if these are worth $300 retail. The charging case is very nice, if that matters.

Aug 7, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #99 of 228
I had my pair since soon after the release, but noticed something new today. I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.
I am hearing an intermittent, low rumbling noise just from the right earbud that lasts about 2 seconds, sometimes slightly longer. It repeats every 7-8 seconds, regularly. It is not that loud and difficult to hear when listening to loud music. I thought it was some kind of interference from my iphone but I still hear it when disconnected and far away from the phone. I can hear both with anc and transparent hearing. It is starting to drive me crazy... sounds like a massage chair vibrating.

Aug 28, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #101 of 228
I had my pair since soon after the release, but noticed something new today. I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.
I am hearing an intermittent, low rumbling noise just from the right earbud that lasts about 2 seconds, sometimes slightly longer. It repeats every 7-8 seconds, regularly. It is not that loud and difficult to hear when listening to loud music. I thought it was some kind of interference from my iphone but I still hear it when disconnected and far away from the phone. I can hear both with anc and transparent hearing. It is starting to drive me crazy... sounds like a massage chair vibrating.

No, I don't have this problem.

Sep 22, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #102 of 228
Just purchased the Anniversary Edition which is the same other than aesthetics and logo. By the way, here’s Crinacle’s comparison graph:

graph.png

Sep 22, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #103 of 228
And a picture:

1600800313755.jpeg

Sep 22, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #104 of 228
Regarding the number of hours, it’s likely the “Up to 7 hours” spec is with the volume at 50% (pretty much standard), and since some here are posting the need to turn the volume up most if not all the way due to a perceived low volume, this could explain the discrepancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back