Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Nov 27, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #796 of 3,594
Looking forward to your impression! 
wink_face.gif

Quote:
I have received mine and have done a quick look / unboxing. It is rushed because i just wanted to get them on my ears heheh. I was quite restless and these are beautiful. Sound wise i will let them have a night burning in and so i miss any real honeymoon opinions.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Nov 27, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #797 of 3,594
I recently auditioned a set of these at a local JB Hifi and bought them on the spot. They're everything I've ever wanted in a portable and more.

The old HD-25 1-II is getting donated to the girlfriend for christmas, and I'm selling my Audeze LCD-2. Not because the Momentum is better than the latter, but because it gets close enough that I no longer need to maintain an expensive home rig that I seldom use anymore.

Nov 27, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #799 of 3,594
Quote:
Looking forward to your impression! 
wink_face.gif

Its coming out with me now and when i get home, itll be impression time :wink: So far i will say that i am impressed with how flexible it is with genres.

Nov 27, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #802 of 3,594
Thanks mate and you'll like them? Why? Bceause they have such a relaxing and forgiving signature they couldn't harm no one :wink: well I hope you like them, I do. Although so far I do wish the mids have a bit more character and presence. Bass has been very nice, warm and bounce with good extension and treble is smooth and relaxed with good presence. One of the best sounding portables for sure, that I have heard.

Physically beautiful and so comfortable as well.

Nov 27, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #804 of 3,594
I was in the Apple Store in London and was pleased to see the Amperiors and Momentums on display. Funniest thing though, I saw a middl aged man trying on a pair of the cheaper Beats...in bright purple and he looked so funny with them, I shook my head at him and invited him to try the Senn's...he walked out with a pair of Amperiors in the end....:)

Nov 27, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #805 of 3,594
Quote:
I was in the Apple Store in London and was pleased to see the Amperiors and Momentums on display. Funniest thing though, I saw a middl aged man trying on a pair of the cheaper Beats...in bright purple and he looked so funny with them, I shook my head at him and invited him to try the Senn's...he walked out with a pair of Amperiors in the end....
smily_headphones1.gif

Nothing like performing a valuable public service to make your day feel worthwhile, eh?
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #806 of 3,594
I just bought my sennheiser momentum yeeterday from Jaben
Out the box direct to my iPhone 4 S and Galsxy note 2 sound quality very good .
The best ultra portable set up for momentum are :
iPhone 4S + arrow 4 G and
iPod classic 7G + pico dac amp,
Sound so sweet and smooth and detail ,like baby HD 650 with more clarity and detail .
Bravo Sennsy your momentum is so sexy :D

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #807 of 3,594
I just bought my sennheiser momentum yeeterday from Jaben
Out the box direct to my iPhone 4 S and Galsxy note 2 sound quality very good .
The best ultra portable set up for momentum are :
iPhone 4S + arrow 4 G and
iPod classic 7G + pico dac amp,
Sound so sweet and smooth and detail ,like baby HD 650 with more clarity and detail .
Bravo Sennsy your momentum is so sexy :D

Glad to hear you like it! I love mine and got it from razor dog deals as soon as it was released. I'm new to all this high end hp stuff, but have been thinking about getting a portable amp for my momentums. I've been leaning toward the fiio amp/dac (seems popular around here), but you would recommend pico offerings over anything from fiio? I listen to ALAC through iPod classic 80GB. Thanks for any help.

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #808 of 3,594
Glad to hear you like it! I love mine and got it from razor dog deals as soon as it was released. I'm new to all this high end hp stuff, but have been thinking about getting a portable amp for my momentums. I've been leaning toward the fiio amp/dac (seems popular around here), but you would recommend pico offerings over anything from fiio? I listen to ALAC through iPod classic 80GB. Thanks for any help.

Pico dac amp + iPod classic 80 Gb is better than Fiio , because amp section from pico dac amp
Is excellent

Nov 28, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #809 of 3,594
The best sounding sennheiser momentum with :

Source : iPhone 4 S
Music file : WAV
Dac : Alo class solo
Amp : Alo Rx 3 B

Songs :

O - Zone percussion Group : jazz variants

You can hear his Deep and Fast the drum from This songs, Until You feel Your ears near very big speaker
In live concert .

Nov 28, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #810 of 3,594
These actually sound rather nice straight from a iPod or iPhone. If you was going to get an amp then yes the Pico would be a lot better than the Fiio but also more expensive. The Pico Slim i have not tried with the momentum but i can see a good synergy between the two as Pico Slim is rather neutral, extremely transparent and slightly bright which will overall help the momemtnum and not hind its laid back treble!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back