Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Jun 11, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #2,071 of 3,594
What I would like to see from sennheiser is a Momemtum but about 50% bigger. Similar sound and design but bigger drivers and a bigger soundstage. Do Sennheiser make any headphones which are like this?

Jun 11, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #2,072 of 3,594
What I would like to see from sennheiser is a Momemtum but about 50% bigger. Similar sound and design but bigger drivers and a bigger soundstage. Do Sennheiser make any headphones which are like this?
No but audeze does :p

Jun 11, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #2,074 of 3,594
Quote:

Beyerdynamic DT770?... just a thought. It's not the same, but close.. just a more recessed midrange.

Jun 11, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #2,076 of 3,594
Definitely noticing burn in with these headphones. The sound stage seems to have opened up and the treble is smoother as well. The whole sound bass / mids / highs seem better integrated. Maybe it is just me getting used to the sound signature but they deffo sound different!

Still I wish these were a bit bigger with a bigger soundstage... If these had a bigger soundstage, slightly better bass and treble and bigger / more comfortable cups these would be amazing, better than HD650.

I do like these and they have grown on me because when I got them I did not like them much, not sure if I will keep them or not yet but they are deffo nice headphones. I just don't understand why they didn't make them a bit bigger because they are not very portable anyway... They are sort of a portable headphone but not really very portable... They should have put bigger cups and made the foldable.

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #2,077 of 3,594
I was just noticing how much mine have broken in and sound fantastic!  I've had them for about 3 or 4 weeks now.  I listen through an AQ DragonFly exclusively and they never leave the house.  I use them as a home headphone not a portable.  My ears fit quite nicely into the cups.

How can ANYONE say these need better bass? They have amazing, accurate, deep, taught bass! 

The more I read on these forums the more I realize how absolutely subjective and completely random most of the information is!  Look at the frequency response graph on the Momentum's bass and tell me how it could be better?

graphCompare.php

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #2,078 of 3,594
I agree that they sound nice and these definitely sound a lot better than they did a few days ago..

I think the bass on them is very good but it is not perfect because it is a little bit boring in character although it is one of the better headphones I have heard for bass. Especially the mid bass on these is really punchy and tight.... And they go right the way down into the sub bass.... Compared to the UE6000 I have, the mid-bass on the Momentums is so much better, The sub bass on the UE6000 has a nice sound to it though. The more I use these the less the soundstage is bothering me, in fact I quite like it now, they do not sound as small as when I first got them, pretty sure they have opened up because of burn in and not my imagination.

Just discovered a new band called "subwave"... Sounds awesome on these headphones....

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #2,080 of 3,594
Quote:
I think the bass on them is very good but it is a little bit boring in character....

Just discovered a new band called "subwave"... Sounds awesome on these headphones....

Wow, this is a good one! Boring in character? Okay...not even sure what that means! Haha! Too funny, can I use that?

I'll check out Subwave, thanks for the tip.  Check out a Nine Inch Nails track "Discipline" and at about 3:00 some really cool bass comes in!  You can get the album for free in 24/96 here: http://dl.nin.com/theslip/signup

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #2,081 of 3,594
No I just mean that it could be a bit snappier and more exciting like some headphones I have heard, but really it is one of the best bass I have heard... I definately enjoy it.... It is just quite.. erm.. Sennheisery

The whole sound of these is a little boring compared to some headphones but actually I am really enjoying them, in the next couple of days I will write a comparison of the : Momentum - UE6000 and M-100 and maybe the Sony MDR1R as well if I pick some up.

Jun 11, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #2,082 of 3,594
Quote:
Wow, this is a good one! Boring in character? Okay...not even sure what that means! Haha! Too funny, can I use that?

I'll check out Subwave, thanks for the tip.  Check out a Nine Inch Nails track "Discipline" and at about 3:00 some really cool bass comes in!  You can get the album for free in 24/96 here: http://dl.nin.com/theslip/signup

Your right that description does sound a bit silly LOL... Yes you can use it :p

Jun 11, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #2,084 of 3,594
Quote:
I was just noticing how much mine have broken in and sound fantastic!  I've had them for about 3 or 4 weeks now.  I listen through an AQ DragonFly exclusively and they never leave the house.  I use them as a home headphone not a portable.  My ears fit quite nicely into the cups.

How can ANYONE say these need better bass? They have amazing, accurate, deep, taught bass! 

The more I read on these forums the more I realize how absolutely subjective and completely random most of the information is!  Look at the frequency response graph on the Momentum's bass and tell me how it could be better?

Agreed, plenty of bass, just make the damn things bigger!

Jun 11, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #2,085 of 3,594
yup i would like to see a bigger momentum too with 50mm drivers...
gave it another audition recently, my ears barely got in, but the sound is satisfying,
good clarity, mids not recessed, highs are there...tightbass,
just need more subbassssss, that would be PERFECT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back