Sennheiser Momentum Replacement Cables
Feb 8, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #46 of 79
Update: My bad peeps. It took about 5 months of everyday use for my cable to break down. It went Near the end I went wireless and haven't really looked back. I did pick up a well priced ($20USD) replacement cable on aliexpress. It would appear to be precisely the cable that comes with the Momentums. It works great and sounds great too. No complaints. I hope that helps someone in the sucky boat of having a busted momentum cable

Apr 4, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #51 of 79
sorry to bump this, but I have a question to you guys who bought from ebay.

every bought this cable or from this seller? http://www.ebay.de/itm/New-Silver-Plated-Audio-upgrade-Cable-For-Sennheiser-Momentum-Headphone-Earphone/281224828374?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D29667%26meid%3D253be3f3ae2540588603468e025157e4%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D4%26mehot%3Des%26sd%3D121555180709 

I'm interested in buying it, only condition is that the headphones do not sound worse that with the stock cable.

I would appreciate any help :)

Apr 17, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #52 of 79
I'm going to skip the very subjective "quality of the sound with this cable" question and just say that the cable looks and feels like the original and I haven't notice any difference in the sound quality. It's fine for me. Take that for what you will.

Apr 17, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #53 of 79
  sorry to bump this, but I have a question to you guys who bought from ebay.

every bought this cable or from this seller? http://www.ebay.de/itm/New-Silver-Plated-Audio-upgrade-Cable-For-Sennheiser-Momentum-Headphone-Earphone/281224828374?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D29667%26meid%3D253be3f3ae2540588603468e025157e4%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D4%26mehot%3Des%26sd%3D121555180709 

I'm interested in buying it, only condition is that the headphones do not sound worse that with the stock cable.

I would appreciate any help :)

I have bought 8 from this seller and they are very good construction. Since this one has silver in it, there most probably is going to be a sound difference. My guess is it will sound better, but that could be subjective. Since it isn't hundreds of dollars, what to you have to loose. It's a hassle, but you still could return it if you didn't like it.

Apr 18, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #54 of 79
  I have bought 8 from this seller and they are very good construction. Since this one has silver in it, there most probably is going to be a sound difference. My guess is it will sound better, but that could be subjective. Since it isn't hundreds of dollars, what to you have to loose. It's a hassle, but you still could return it if you didn't like it.

I bought one just like it some time ago. I think it does sound better than the stock thin cable (I'm useless at differentiating components effect on sound), but it isn't very flexible and the plug that goes into the headphones doesn't quite lock into place. I haven't had it fall out of the socket, but it doesn't lock fully like the stock cable.

I have been using the stock cable of late, for ease of travelling and also I think the join of the cable at the headphone plug end has started to break due to there not being enough strain relief at that end (though that's probably an easy fix once I open up the plug).

edit: it's my 50th birthday today. Not relevant, just thought I'd let you know I'm sitting in front of a PC instead of doing something with other people...

Jul 7, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #55 of 79
Hey folks! :)

Question; will using a 2.5mm male to 3.5mm female adapter have an audible negative influence on the sq?

I have 2 pretty nice 3,5 to 3,5 cables and it would be a shame to buy a 2,5 to 3,5 cable if my current cables would suffice. :) (Also the 3,5 plug needs a 6,3 adapter, but that's screw-on in this case. :) Will that too influence the sound a bit?)

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #56 of 79
God bless it, I wish I had seen this post sooner.  I bought my son Momentum's for Christmas and first the special angled plug broke, so I emailed a warranty claim to Sennheiser twice and got no response.  I was not too worried, because he had the other chord without the special angle.  Well, that one broke too and as already noted, it is a special plug.  I ordered one from Amazon this week that had decent ratings, but I will have to see how they are once they arrive.

Since this is an post.  Does anyone have any insight into Sennheiser cables since the post was started?

Jul 24, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #57 of 79
  God bless it, I wish I had seen this post sooner.  I bought my son Momentum's for Christmas and first the special angled plug broke, so I emailed a warranty claim to Sennheiser twice and got no response.  I was not too worried, because he had the other chord without the special angle.  Well, that one broke too and as already noted, it is a special plug.  I ordered one from Amazon this week that had decent ratings, but I will have to see how they are once they arrive.

Since this is an post.  Does anyone have any insight into Sennheiser cables since the post was started?

Well the 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter didn't fit and I also really wanted a decent cable, so I ordered this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251791136469?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Absolutely a fantastic buy! The sq really improved a lot. Much more detail in the treble and the soundstage also seems to have improved.
It reminds me of my Audeze LCD-X. Of course that one still is quite a lot better, but this is the closest I could get to that sound.

Aug 4, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #58 of 79
I recently bought a generic 3.5mm to 2.5mm from ebay for $2.50. I just took a razor blade and narrowed the plastic on the 2.5mm end and it fits very well and sounds perfect. It takes a decent amount of force to pull it out, and it doesn't look bad at all.

Aug 6, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #59 of 79
I bought this cable from Amazon and it fit perfectly and even locked into place like the original cable. It has an outer coating that appears to be similar to Kevlar, so it really seems sturdy:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KAU6LMQ/ref=yo_ii_img

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #60 of 79
Every time my Momentum cable breaks I Google "Sennheiser Momentum Replacement Cable" and this thread comes up along with the UK company that sells OEM cables and the auction site that sells cables from China.

I find the UK price and shipping too expensive for another OEM replacement so I have tried the "upgrade" cables from China. They are okay but stiff and eventually the housing at either ends comes undone. I have also waited nearly a month to get a cable from China that looks nearly identical to the genuine cable--but it only lasted 2 months.

OMG if someone had posted these here I would have placed an order long ago. Maybe I haven't been reading or researching hard enough but I just discovered them--so here are the links:

http://www.moon-audio.com/black-dragon-iem-sennheiser-momentum-headphone-cable-v1.html
http://www.moon-audio.com/silver-dragon-iem-sennheiser-momentum-headphone-cable-v1.html

So going to place an order right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back