Sennheiser Momentum Replacement Cables
Nov 18, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #16 of 79
@ Crookl, The cable I got is fully functional. Microphone, remote buttons. I live in Alberta, Canada and the cable has been exposed to sub zero (centrigrade) temperatures and has held up very well for nearly a week (I know, that's a long time. jokes). Fingers crossed. the cable looks good, feels good and the buttons don't feel flimsy. It's not as weighty as the original but it is certainly getting the job done. well.

Nov 23, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #17 of 79
Has anybody looked into 2.5mm male to 3.5mm female adapter?  Something like this: http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=1413

If this adapter can fit into earcup jack, then I can use my 3.5mm M-80 cable.  2.5mm side of original twist-on MOMENTUM cable is 6mm in diameter, so that's a limiting factor.  I just have no idea about the size of that adapter.

@fendercase: I tried looking up that seller on ebay, but no luck.  It only comes back with cables from China ($16).  You mentioned a very snugly fit.  I assume that cable doesn't have twist-on top, just a typical straight connector and it works?

Nov 24, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #18 of 79
Those cables from china for $16 are the correct cables that I mentioned. Look at the pictures and you'll see they have the little groove on the side of the head just like the OEM cables. Available in black or red. So far so good after a few weeks of rugged daily use. I've got my headphones on 10 hours a day so it isn't a little bit of usage. The cable hasn't popped out of the headphone jack yet. A very snug fit. 

Dec 13, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #19 of 79
Hi,

This thread has been super helpful. Thanks so much fendercase btw.

I joined just to ask this question as I can't seem to find out. I'm not very technically savvy... but which of these replacement cables from China on Ebay is just a generic headphone plugin? They all seem to be for a specific phone model... I want the generic one that plugs into all phones/computers. I've got a Macbook Pro and a regular old Dell at my job. I use a Samsung Captivate Glide as my phone and the old mic/remote cable I had worked with all three. So I assume there is just a generic headphone jack... can you link me to the specific product on Ebay that suits that need? 

Thanks so much...

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #24 of 79
The now legendary Frank at Toxic Cables has got one at £85. Im getting it Saturday. Will post review then.

Jul 18, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #25 of 79
If anybody still cares, I'm trying out a 3.5mm cable with some 3.5 to 2.5 adapters because I hate how flimsy the stock cables are (broke both of mine just from unplugging them from the headphones) and really don't want to buy a Chinese knockoff cable. It looks like anything that plugs in at a right angle will not work because I tried this adapter http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QU3JN4 and it did not work. I did buy this adapter and feel that it might work http://www.ebay.com/itm/261463676729?ss but I won't know until it arrives on Wednesday, I will reply back if it does in fact fit.
Update: It doesn't work. Just buy a Chinese cable.

Aug 5, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #27 of 79
hi.. what cable did you got from Toxic Cables? can u post image/link?

This one is the Scorpion copper. Superb! You need to PM Frank as its not on his site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back