Sennheiser Momentum or Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro
Jan 15, 2013 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Zoltang

New Head-Fier
I am in the market to buy a new headphone and I am debating between the Sennheiser Momentum or the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro.  I am interested in the better sound  quality  and I do  not mind price difference or size or design etc....... I just want the better sounding headphone. I was able to try the Sennheiser Momentum which sounded very good, but I could not find the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro anywhere in the Chicago Metro area.
I mostly listen to rock, classic rock, metal and some electronic music. 
I already own a Beyerdynamic DT 770 which I only use in my home studio for recording, mixing etc....... And now I am in the market for a secondary headphone which primary purpose would be listening music at home or on the go ......
Please give me some feedback between the Sennheiser Momentum and the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro......or any additional thoughts...Thanks.

Jan 15, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #2 of 4
Heya,

They're pretty different.

The COP is dark, bassy.
The Momentum is warm, but has a brighter signature in general.

The COP will sound darker, and bassier than your DT770.

What kind of signature sound are you looking for? Bright? Dark? Neutral? Warm? Straight bassy? Also, what is your idea of portable, does it have to be low impedance, no amp, or can it be big, bulky and high impedance or simply require an amplifier?

Very best,

Jan 15, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for your reply. I would like the headphone to be portable as well. I want to use it with my ipad or samsung android phone etc... and because of this, I guess low impedance would be better.... no amplifier; size does not matter. This would be my first higher-end headphone for listening music so I do not have much experience with "signiture sound", but I would prefer something that sounds good with metal (ex: Kamelot, Nightwish, Dream Theater and other similar stuff).

Jan 15, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Thanks for your reply. I would like the headphone to be portable as well. I want to use it with my ipad or samsung android phone etc... and because of this, I guess low impedance would be better.... no amplifier; size does not matter. This would be my first higher-end headphone for listening music so I do not have much experience with "signiture sound", but I would prefer something that sounds good with metal (ex: Kamelot, Nightwish, Dream Theater and other similar stuff).

Heya,

Maybe look into:

Ultrasone HFI 780
Ultrasone PRO 750
Sennheiser Momentum
Mr Speaker Mad Dog
Beyer DT770 LE 32ohm
Sony MDR1R
Logitech UE 6000

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back