Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless - The Official Thread
Apr 12, 2022 at 6:51 PM Post #526 of 657
Do you have the connection manager in the Smart Control app? If so, then you're probably on a pretty current firmware.
Unfortunately, i dont have the connection manager, if there was a way to get hand on the old version of the smart control app but that is not safe to do.
I have written Sennheiser and referred to the manual where they write where to find the firmware and that is missing in version 4.03.
Hopefully it will come a fix so it will be available in version 4, unless they deliberately disabled it

Apr 13, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #528 of 657
I’m sorry, English is not my first language so maybe I was incoherent in what I was trying to say.

• I don’t have the connection manager, hence I probably have the 3.xx firmware
  • I got reply from Sennheiser and they told me they are aware of the issues and the smart control app version 4 is not fully operative and it will after easter come an update that will include more functions and firmware update for MW3, so fingers crossed.

Apr 21, 2022 at 4:44 AM Post #529 of 657
Sennheiser informed me that version 4.0.4 for android is out. This introduces the possibility to see, and eventually update, the firmware of the headphones (I did the update, but I haven't checked yet ...)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220421-104329_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20220421-104329_Google Play Store.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 0
Apr 21, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #530 of 657
as mentioned here is the function to check or update the firmware

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220421-213141_Smart Control.jpg
    Screenshot_20220421-213141_Smart Control.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 0
Apr 21, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #531 of 657
Hi have now tried and it works, I had firmware 3.16 out of the box and updated it to 4.08.
Going to test it now, have experienced some micro stutter from PC, not sure if its related to bluetooth drivers from PC or the headphones.
I also disconnected the dual-connection mode (PC and phone), perhaps that could cause problems?
Anyway I'm glad its possible to upgrade firmware!

Apr 21, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #532 of 657
I don't know, I don't use headphones with my pc. I would try to update the bluetooth drivers of the PC or a reset of the headphones and again pairing with the devices you want to use them with. However, I still have problems, randomly, with the connection to the Aukey BR-08 transmitter (connected to a philips oled 55 "TV). Sometimes it connects immediately, other times I have to turn off the Aukey, connect the headphones to the mobile phone then turn on the Aukey which, at this point, connects without problems.

May 2, 2022 at 2:28 AM Post #533 of 657
Hello, my first post here.

I've always used wired headphones with the exception of some old Sennheisers some 20 years ago that were handy but not the best sound quality, there was a lot of dynamics lost in the transmission. Also used a few wired Sennheisers and was always very happy with them. At the moment I'm using a Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 32 Ohm primarily for my desktop computer that I absolutely love.

After my mother bought a JBL bluetooth headset for her new Ipad Pro I was pleasantly surprised by the ease of use and the sound quality of a modern bluetooth wireless headset. As I work at very irregular hours and live in an apartment complex such a headset would be great to watch TV or listen to music in the very late/early hours without disturbing my neighbours. And it would also be great to use occasionally with my phone on vacation.

So after reading some reviews I stumbled upon the anker soundcore life q30 everybody was raving about. The price was much lower than I was expecting to pay and with a cheap bluetooth transmitter I should be set, or so I thought,...

Well, after getting my order it didn't take me long to form some strong opinions that I won't repeat here as I want to keep my first post civilized. 😇 but lets just say:
- The out of the box sound quality was horrendous. With the app I could get it better and probably somewhat acceptable for the price and use case if I would take some time to dial in the eq settings.
- The built quality was like a cheap toy. Oke, I'm spoiled with my Beyerdynamic that's build like an absolute tank but this is the opposite side of the spectrum.
- I got constant disconnections with both the transmitter and phone.
- I got huge latency while watching television, totally unusable like this.
So the wole package was sent back. I really do not understand the hype for the soundcore life q30, it's trash.

So after spending some serious time to inform myself a lot better I came to the conclusion I needed a headset and transmitter that will support Aptx low latency. So now I'm seriously intrested in the Sennheiser momentum 3 and have already ordered the 1mii b03 pro transmitter/receiver.

After reading the last 100 messages or so in this thread I still have some questions.

- I got worried after reading about crackling sounds when using aptX LL . Is this still an issue?
- If I'm forced to use standard aptX with my television due to the crackling issue how bad or how much better is the latency compared to the sbc connection that the Q30's made?
- I read in the last posts that the Sennheiser app is renewed, are all settings for the Momentum 3 available again in the latest release? Especially the more neutral sound setting?
- Any general advice or things I overlooked with my usecase in mind?

Well this post was much longer than I intended but what can I say, only one chance to make a first impression right. I'm thankfull for any advice you guys and girls can give me.

Last edited:
May 2, 2022 at 3:32 AM Post #534 of 657
Hi Carrinthe

I am very pleased with my headphones after the firmware upgrade it sounds good and AFAIK all features in the app are there now and I haven’t noticed so far any crackling sound.

Are you sure your TV support aptX LL? For low latency TV-listening I use a dedicated Sennheiser headset (RS 175) with latency of 55 ms (Kleer Wireless Technology) instead of bluetooth), that was the best headset I could find when I searched a few years ago, and they
works really good for me.

Last edited:
May 2, 2022 at 4:13 AM Post #535 of 657
Oh that's great to know! Do you use aptX LL? Have you had any expierence using the Momentum 3 with a television with aptX or aptX LL? And if so have you had any latency issues?

My television doesn't support any bluetooth, it's an older dumb full hd screen. That's why I ordered the 1mii b03 pro transmitter/receiver that does support among other things aptX LL.

May 2, 2022 at 6:31 AM Post #536 of 657
I haven't tried the momentum with my TV, but my HD450 didn't work whiteout lag, hence i got the dedicated TV-headset, but with a dedicated transmitter you should be good to go with no-lagging sound :)
I have the Samsung Q900TS 8K tv but its hard to find info on what bluetooth codex it support, but the aptX LL works perfectly via PC at least with no lagging.

May 2, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #538 of 657
I ordered it recently because I actually only have wired overtheear - headphones and tws. They startet with 399 € but now you can get it for 199 € from Sennheiser directly. I think the wireless feature is a big advantage for listening to music while you do other things. I hope I will use it more often. We will see. Another question: If you connect the headphone with the TV does it save the settings from the iphone connection?

May 2, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #539 of 657
I ordered it recently because I actually only have wired overtheear - headphones and tws. They startet with 399 € but now you can get it for 199 € from Sennheiser directly. I think the wireless feature is a big advantage for listening to music while you do other things. I hope I will use it more often. We will see. Another question: If you connect the headphone with the TV does it save the settings from the iphone connection?
you can have 2 connections active and for me it remembers when i connect to different devices, you even have a connection manager with the latest firmware in the control app (but it should work without too). Or do u mean different profiles depending on what device you connect to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back