Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Feb 21, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #3,571 of 3,671
@trellus USB is the best way to listen to the Momentum imo! It retains the sound signature of the wireless mode and of course utilizes the headphone’s internal amp/DAC. The downside of this is that I could clearly hear the difference between AAC files via USB vs SBC or aptX.

I do think a new Momentum Wireless with AAC support could be the best ANC wireless headphone on the market. The current model already comes close and sounds surprisingly good via SBC. The quality of the driver and the wireless tuning is strong.

Feb 21, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #3,572 of 3,671
I really think an updated HD1 with the option to turn off ANC would be a winner. Right now the Vmoda CF2 is my winner for the full-size but man I love the MTW so much I'd really like a full-size.
If you like the CF2W, the HD1/M2W aren't dramatically different and have a similar signature (see rtings.com measurements), which also is true with the MTW. If you like the MTW and CF2W, you'll likely enjoy the HD1/M2W. If you're running Spotify on Android, you can adjust EQ here and there to give you some of the push you want, which I do mainly in the low-mid treble region, as it's de-emphasized.

upload_2019-2-21_18-23-11.png upload_2019-2-21_18-23-11.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-21_18-25-37.png
    upload_2019-2-21_18-25-37.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 0
Feb 21, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #3,573 of 3,671
If you like the CF2W, the HD1/M2W aren't dramatically different and have a similar signature (see rtings.com measurements), which also is true with the MTW. If you like the MTW and CF2W, you'll likely enjoy the HD1/M2W. If you're running Spotify on Android, you can adjust EQ here and there to give you some of the push you want, which I do mainly in the low-mid treble region, as it's de-emphasized.

Little confused by these. Are they giving the graphs in comparison to the Senn? It seems to be three Senns vs VModa, with the first being set as the flat axis?

Feb 21, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #3,574 of 3,671
Little confused by these. Are they giving the graphs in comparison to the Senn? It seems to be three Senns vs VModa, with the first being set as the flat axis?
I think that's just an error. If I invert the comparison, it's exactly the same, with VModa set as the target.
upload_2019-2-21_18-55-27.png

Feb 26, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #3,578 of 3,671
Look at the language. "Has now been replaced." Not "will be replaced." The HD1 is rebranded, that's all. Hopefully we do see something new soon, but as it stands it's just the same product it's been since the Momentum 2.0.
Little late to the party, but the Momentum going to HD1 name and then back was some sort of naming/legal issue that was resolved. And can't say too much more but sounds like a newer version is on the horizon. My bet is round May to hear more at Munich show but there maybe something earlier or later depending on how things go.

Feb 26, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #3,579 of 3,671
Little late to the party, but the Momentum going to HD1 name and then back was some sort of naming/legal issue that was resolved. And can't say too much more but sounds like a newer version is on the horizon. My bet is round May to hear more at Munich show but there maybe something earlier or later depending on how things go.
I hope so. Sennheiser come to the party with a nice TWE solution (MTW), but they don't have a full-sized headphone with USB-C, aptX HD, LDAC, etc. while the competition does (Sony, B&O, B&W). I suspect this is why the HD1/Momentum Over-Ear has been on sale frequently.

Feb 26, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #3,580 of 3,671
I hope so. Sennheiser come to the party with a nice TWE solution (MTW), but they don't have a full-sized headphone with USB-C, aptX HD, LDAC, etc. while the competition does (Sony, B&O, B&W). I suspect this is why the HD1/Momentum Over-Ear has been on sale frequently.
HD1, both wired and wireless, are on a on/off sale for about a couple of years now. There are no indicators things will change in 2019.

Sennheiser is losing Bluetooth wars pretty bad, and Apple will only add to the competition in 2019 or 2020. Honestly, not a lot of great audiophile models from them lately, as well.

Feb 26, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #3,581 of 3,671
HD1, both wired and wireless, are on a on/off sale for about a couple of years now. There are no indicators things will change in 2019.

Sennheiser is losing Bluetooth wars pretty bad, and Apple will only add to the competition in 2019 or 2020. Honestly, not a lot of great audiophile models from them lately, as well.
I hope you're wrong. They could really make waves if they came out with a full-size, over-ear option. Just look how the MTW sold out and were back ordered due to high demand. I know they cruise this forum as well, so if you're listening, Sennheiser, develop/release the Momentum Over Ear 2 with USB-C and aptX HD/LDAC (throw in AAC for Apple users)!

Feb 27, 2019 at 2:11 AM Post #3,582 of 3,671
I'd rather say: Take your time, the product actually needs to sound really good when using both SBC, LDAC and APTX. And release them at the perfect time. Right now people have bought the MTW, and at the moment reviewers slaughter any headphone with noise cancelling that can't compete with the Sony 1000XM3. Not to mention bad reviews tend to doom a product line. They wouldn't sell enough to satisfy Sennheiser right now.

Also would like to add that i don't care about perfect noise cancelling, i care about good sound quality, Then noise cancelling.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #3,583 of 3,671
I love my momentum 2.0 wireless, I’ve had them since the 2nd revision and have put a lot of listening time into them.
I recently discovered a small tear in the surround material on the left cup, it doesn’t appear to be spreading but I picked up another set of oem pads just to have should the tear expand.

Are anyone else’s cups kinda floppy? They don’t slide down the headband at all but they’re a bit loose when rotating, I’m pretty sure they’re supposed to be like that to maximize comfort.

Mar 2, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #3,584 of 3,671
I love my momentum 2.0 wireless, I’ve had them since the 2nd revision and have put a lot of listening time into them.
I recently discovered a small tear in the surround material on the left cup, it doesn’t appear to be spreading but I picked up another set of oem pads just to have should the tear expand.

Are anyone else’s cups kinda floppy? They don’t slide down the headband at all but they’re a bit loose when rotating, I’m pretty sure they’re supposed to be like that to maximize comfort.
Mine are not floppy, meaning they do not move around by themselves, but do freely adjust when I'm wearing them. There may be some type of joint compound to stiffen them a bit if you feel they adjust too freely and cause a seal break, etc.

Mar 18, 2019 at 2:28 AM Post #3,585 of 3,671
I love the sound of the Momentum 2.0. Anyone know any headphones with a similar sound (rich, punchy bass / forward, spacious mids / relaxed treble) that has better comfort? I can't stand how my ears touched the driver and also the stiffness of the earpads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back