Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Feb 2, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #3,541 of 3,671
Done! Very effective fix for cups sliding too easily. Now they stay in place.

IMAG0366~2.jpg

Feb 8, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #3,542 of 3,671
So... is there an update coming for these now that they've been renamed again? I've fallen in love with the True Wireless, contemplating getting the big bro...

Feb 8, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #3,543 of 3,671
So... is there an update coming for these now that they've been renamed again? I've fallen in love with the True Wireless, contemplating getting the big bro...

It’s inevitable they’ll refresh it by fall. I would hold off, True Wireless has more features.

Feb 8, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #3,544 of 3,671
It’s inevitable they’ll refresh it by fall. I would hold off, True Wireless has more features.

It does, but sometimes you want a full-size y'know? The MTW is for when I need a small form factor.

Feb 11, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #3,545 of 3,671
Okay, I own the B&W PX, M&D MW60 BT headphones. Would I be crazy to add the Senn.? I've read the reviews and they seem good. Have there been firmware updates that improve anything. I've never been convince one headphone can do it all.

Feb 11, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #3,546 of 3,671
Sound is better from the Momentum to my believe. The Sony is better at passive and active NC but I prefer the Momentum sound. Meanwhile I've sold the Momentum to my little brother and got the B&W PX.
Earcups are a bit better/larger on the PX, so the pads don't touch my ear. This was tricky to get it right for me on the Momentum. The PX has a less pronounced bass which I like. NC on the PX is a bit meh, could/should be better.

Hmmm. I'm thinking about adding the Senns. to my collection which includes the PX. I was hoping the Senns. actually had larger ear cups than the PX. I have small ears, and the PX, I find, is still a bit small for over the ears. Any other insights you can share?

Feb 11, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #3,547 of 3,671
Hmmm. I'm thinking about adding the Senns. to my collection which includes the PX. I was hoping the Senns. actually had larger ear cups than the PX. I have small ears, and the PX, I find, is still a bit small for over the ears. Any other insights you can share?
Any specifics you want to know?
Btw I also sold the PX. Using the Radsone ES100 + my IEM's now.

Feb 11, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #3,549 of 3,671
Any specifics you want to know?
Btw I also sold the PX. Using the Radsone ES100 + my IEM's now.

Well, I read on that you can't turn off noise reduction on the Senns. Is that correct? Also comfort wise I wonder if there are larger replacement cups.
Momentum 2 earcups are smaller than PX's.

Well thanks. I guess I’ll pass.

Feb 11, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #3,550 of 3,671
Okay, I own the B&W PX, M&D MW60 BT headphones. Would I be crazy to add the Senn.? I've read the reviews and they seem good. Have there been firmware updates that improve anything. I've never been convince one headphone can do it all.

It’s a very capable headphone but technology wise it already feels antiquated. Wait for Momentum 3.0.

Feb 12, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #3,553 of 3,671
Well, I read on that you can't turn off noise reduction on the Senns. Is that correct? Also comfort wise I wonder if there are larger replacement cups.

Well thanks. I guess I’ll pass.

Yeah NC can't be switched off on de Momentum. Earcups are indeed on the small side although I didn't find it uncomfortable, only after hours.

Feb 15, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #3,554 of 3,671
I actually own the Sennheiser True Wireless. In short.....AMAZING! If you can afford them, get them. They are my favorite product of 2019 so far.

As far as the Sennheiser HD1 is concerned, they're currently on sale at Best Buy for $199.99. I jumped on them for a second time LOL. I owned them in the past before selling them and picking up the VModa Crossfade II Wireless Codex. At $199.99, these are a steal. They in my opinion are still in the top 3, and arguably number 1, when it comes to Wireless sound quality. And this is coming from an Apple user that gets SBC playback when using my iOS devices. During my time with them, I remember preferring their sound quality to the 1000XM2, Bose QC35 II, and B&W PX. I'm actually excited about adding them back to the collection. I'm forever on a quest to streamline my headphone collection. This sale just made that goal more complicated LOL.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #3,555 of 3,671
I actually own the Sennheiser True Wireless. In short.....AMAZING! If you can afford them, get them. They are my favorite product of 2019 so far.

As far as the Sennheiser HD1 is concerned, they're currently on sale at Best Buy for $199.99. I jumped on them for a second time LOL. I owned them in the past before selling them and picking up the VModa Crossfade II Wireless Codex. At $199.99, these are a steal. They in my opinion are still in the top 3, and arguably number 1, when it comes to Wireless sound quality. And this is coming from an Apple user that gets SBC playback when using my iOS devices. During my time with them, I remember preferring their sound quality to the 1000XM2, Bose QC35 II, and B&W PX. I'm actually excited about adding them back to the collection. I'm forever on a quest to streamline my headphone collection. This sale just made that goal more complicated LOL.

Yeah, I couldn't pass up the $199 price and ordered them yesterday from BestBuy.com -- although I'm highly confident that this just further proves @MICHAELSD right that a new model is forthcoming, given that the list price for this has been $399 for a while and debuted at $499 when it first was released.

I already have the B&O H9i which supports AAC (and only AAC and SBC, ironically, no AptX with the "i" model -- maybe "i" stands for iOS now for B&O, lol), so I'm not expecting SQ to be as great on my iPhone as the H9i but at $199, was hard to pass up. I previously owned the original wired Momentum 1.0 over-ear headphones, but gave those away as a gift.

@Maukey I'm surprised -- but pleasantly so -- that you would say that the HD1 Wireless even with SBC on iOS is better to your ears as far as SQ than 1000XM2, Bose QC35II and B&W PX. I have the 1000X (1st gen) and I've briefly heard the QC 35ii, and since both of those support AAC (if I remember correctly), I'm surprised you would say that HD1 Wireless sounds better.

The PX really surprises me, I suspect I would really like the PX SQ -- maybe even more than the H9i which I really like.

Anyway, you're certainly making me happier I jumped on it @ $199, lol. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back