Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Jan 13, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #3,526 of 3,671
I only have the sennheiser momentum 2.0 wireless for a couple of days and, and i baby them (i litteraly wash my hands every time before i use them and i only keep them in the case in which they arrived), and yet, when i look at the glossy plastic part of the ear cups, they filled with hairline scratches. Is it something i did, or do they just come like that from the factory?
Did you take off the protective film?

Jan 13, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #3,528 of 3,671
I only have the sennheiser momentum 2.0 wireless for a couple of days and, and i baby them (i litteraly wash my hands every time before i use them and i only keep them in the case in which they arrived), and yet, when i look at the glossy plastic part of the ear cups, they filled with hairline scratches. Is it something i did, or do they just come like that from the factory?

I forgot to mention, that it requires a flashlight to see the scratches, otherwise they are practically invisible

Jan 18, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #3,529 of 3,671
Lost my M2 iPhone cable..
Bought a few junky ones on Amzn and unless I'm experiencing huge placebo effect, they are all inferior to the original SQ wise..

Before I splurge $35 on original replacement (which isn't even as nice as the one that came with the cans), is there anything better aftermarket? I'm even willing to loose music controls / mic, as long as I get M2 SQ back.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #3,530 of 3,671
Ok so this is a weird thing but,

When I had M2.0 Wired and used on my Galaxy S6, the bass was thumpy and punchy, the midrange was forward and spacious, and the treble was nice and chill.

But when I use them on LG V35, they lost a lot of bass character and midrange clarity. But every other headphone I've tried sounds better on this.

??????

Jan 25, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #3,531 of 3,671
Ok so this is a weird thing but,

When I had M2.0 Wired and used on my Galaxy S6, the bass was thumpy and punchy, the midrange was forward and spacious, and the treble was nice and chill.

But when I use them on LG V35, they lost a lot of bass character and midrange clarity. But every other headphone I've tried sounds better on this.

??????

You are probably used to the S6 signature + the tuning is more euphonic / consumer friendly. But in theory the V35 should be the more reference sounding. Give it some time to adjust your hearing to it.

Jan 25, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #3,532 of 3,671
You are probably used to the S6 signature + the tuning is more euphonic / consumer friendly. But in theory the V35 should be the more reference sounding. Give it some time to adjust your hearing to it.

1. Ok but like I said, every other headphone I've tried sounds better on this phone.

2. euphony: the quality of being pleasing to the ear.
So your saying this phone is designed to be less pleasing to the ear than the s6?? That makes little sense. Why would audiophiles want phones that are less pleasing to the ear?

Jan 30, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #3,536 of 3,671
Don’t bother, take it from me... they just wear out again, it’s been my only complaint about my momentum’s.

Here’s what you do, go on amazon and buy you a little kit of those black rubber o-rings (like 5 bucks) and just find one and put it around the little adjustment knob. You don’t really notice it because it’s small and black (looks like a factory rubber connector) and the friction between it and the headband makes damn sure the cups aren’t sliding around anymore. It’s even better than the original sliders. I never worry about my cups moving now.

Jan 30, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #3,538 of 3,671
How do the Momentum True Wireless compare to the Momentum over-ear? It has all the features I wanted in the Momentum Wireless (AAC, locally-adjustable EQ) but most reviews seem pretty ambivalent.

Also interesting they were able to use the Momentum trademark again after rebranding to HD1.

Jan 31, 2019 at 2:57 AM Post #3,539 of 3,671
Don’t bother, take it from me... they just wear out again, it’s been my only complaint about my momentum’s.

Here’s what you do, go on amazon and buy you a little kit of those black rubber o-rings (like 5 bucks) and just find one and put it around the little adjustment knob. You don’t really notice it because it’s small and black (looks like a factory rubber connector) and the friction between it and the headband makes damn sure the cups aren’t sliding around anymore. It’s even better than the original sliders. I never worry about my cups moving now.

DANCO Rubber Faucet O-Ring Kit, Black, 200 Pieces (34443) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KNT6WA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_psIuCbPXWM1ZY

Trust me, I was sooooo much happier once I figured this out.

Great ideea! Can you please post a photo with the ring in place? What is the internal ring diameter in mm?

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #3,540 of 3,671

Thanks hiholto,

I've already seen the reddit thread.
This is a nice fix, but before applying it I really would like to disassemble that last part to realign the pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back