Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
May 8, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #3,500 of 3,671
Sound is better from the Momentum to my believe. The Sony is better at passive and active NC but I prefer the Momentum sound. Meanwhile I've sold the Momentum to my little brother and got the B&W PX.
Earcups are a bit better/larger on the PX, so the pads don't touch my ear. This was tricky to get it right for me on the Momentum. The PX has a less pronounced bass which I like. NC on the PX is a bit meh, could/should be better.

May 8, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #3,502 of 3,671
True, it depends what you're looking for. Overall they (Momentum, PX, Sony) are solid choices. All with different strengths but all very capable.

May 16, 2018 at 5:10 AM Post #3,503 of 3,671
Anyone found any success with replacing the ear pads with a bigger and more comfortable pair while not losing all the audio quality?

I just noticed that the pads from HD 579 (same fit as the whole HD 5xx series) clip on very nicely, though the sound quality suffers too much from the material (lazy bass, fatiguing treble, generally empty sound). However, these pads make the Momentum so much more comfortable. My ear rests a little against the naked driver and the black plastic part behind the velour is quite noticeable, but I don't mind.

So my question is how would you think the Momentum would sound with a pair of leather HD 5xx replacement pads? Also wondering about the pads on HD 569 and HD 598 CS, as they are closed cans; the pads must be different material from the others, right?

IMG_2757.JPG

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #3,504 of 3,671
I’m thinking of getting a set of these for work. I will need to hear things around me so can’t have noise cancellation. I’m an IT technician so I do move around a lot so portability very important. Could these work for me or should I go hd25? I like hip hop and metal mainly.

Jul 12, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #3,505 of 3,671
I believe those would be good for you. They drown out the buzzings and hums of the daily life (cars outside etc.) but if someone wants your attention, he can mostly grab it. I work with those since April and they are perfect in this regard.

Aug 4, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #3,506 of 3,671
Can anyone recommend an adapter to turn my M2s wireless, please?

Been looking but just wondered if anyone has done this.

Cheers

Aug 4, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #3,507 of 3,671
Can anyone recommend an adapter to turn my M2s wireless, please?

Been looking but just wondered if anyone has done this.

Cheers

Check out the BTunes. Got one myself that i've used with other headphones, i
think it has the best design/solutions. Aptx support too. Something newer and better might have popped up in recent years, i havent followed the development, if there's any.

I currently use it plugged into my car for wireless music, works like a charm :dt880smile:

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #3,508 of 3,671
Check out the BTunes. Got one myself that i've used with other headphones, i
think it has the best design/solutions. Aptx support too. Something newer and better might have popped up in recent years, i havent followed the development, if there's any.

I currently use it plugged into my car for wireless music, works like a charm :dt880smile:

Thanks for that, I'll check it out.

Aug 8, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #3,509 of 3,671
I've had these running over BT with my work computer for over a year and just the other day I tried using them and the computer (Win7 pro) wouldn't connect to them. I've tried removing the headphones from the "devices" list and re-pairing. I've uninstalled and re-installed the drivers for my USB BT dongle numerous times. Now, every. single. time. I try pairing the headphones, the computer finds them and when it tries to load drivers, it goes to windows update and finds four devices, but then says "no driver found". What??? It had found drivers previously and it did work. I do see the driver for the dongle is different now. Before I had the option of turning the dongle off via a right-click menu. Now that option is gone. I'll bet money that Mickeysoft has pushed some update that has screwed everything up but I have no way of finding when or where since they obfuscate everything so well.

This post is more to vent my frustration over a computer company screwing me yet again, but I'm wondering if anyone has seen similar behavior and if they've found a workaround. Thanks for letting me vent!

Aug 21, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #3,510 of 3,671
I was hoping someone could tell me how the highs and lows are for these? I like having a punchy bass and lsnappy highs. I've been looking and researching wireless headphones for about week and I can't seem to find quite what I'm looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back