Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Feb 21, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #3,316 of 3,671
Hello, new here, first post etc etc.

I've been browsing this thread (and other threads) and researching various headphones for the last month or so and think that the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 wireless circumaurals would work great for me. I'll primarily be using them paired with my Galaxy S7(podcasts, audiobooks, music), or plugged into my win7 gaming pc(music, movies, games), and possibly some linux experimentation.

If there is too much lag for games/movies I'll just plug them in. I listen to a wide range of music but like good bass, which is one of my reasons for choosing the M2s.

So I suppose my question is: what's a good bluetooth thingus for headphones?

I've found these look like they cover all the requirements, anyone have experiance with them?

My last pair of headphones, some JVC noise canceling foldables with a retractable cable, finally broke after about a dozen years of abuse. So these will be my first major purchase as far as good headphones go.

So anyways, hello everybody and thank you for any future help.

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #3,318 of 3,671
Oof, I don't know about that Avantree bluetooth adapter.  Reading into the reviews a bit it looks like it is paired with some terrible software overlay that tries to bilk another $30 from unfortunates.  Which makes me wonder why it gets so many good reviews.  Maybe I'll try the Creative BT-W2 bluetooth thing.

Feb 22, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #3,319 of 3,671
Has anyone heard of very accurate fakes of the Sennheiser momentum 2.0 wireless?
Here are some pictures, would be very grateful for people help.

Are you saying the set you're holding are fakes?  What gave you that impression?

Feb 26, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #3,320 of 3,671
I own a pair of Momentum 2 Over Ears (NOT Wireless) myself - and it looks near identical to me...?

The only things that are off is the thicker cord which runs through the cans and headband (but this is normal for the wireless version), and the little N symbol on the cup, which is probably a feature of the wireless versions. However everything else (stitching of the earpads, headband, sennheiser logo, little 3 dots, etc.) are basically all the same for me.

Unless I am also caught up in this 'fake business' - now that would be a real scandal!

Feb 27, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #3,321 of 3,671
They're definitely not fakes, I just had super paranoia as I got them privately for a good price. Thankyou jonoxon though!
They sound very good and the Bluetooth is well done. They don't have as much of a bass boost as some people suggested they do.
This ones definitely a keeper

Feb 27, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #3,322 of 3,671
I'm a bit ambivalent about keeping the Momentum 2.0 Wireless but I did get a solid deal to keep them rather than return, so I still have them. Since wireless mode isn't a fit for my usage, I'd be open to selling them as new open box.

That being said I am getting more used to the wireless mode.

I'm really not sure why but I don't mind the wireless mode as much with my iPhone, even though it doesn't have aptX. Probably just the portability aspect but I do think Apple improved the Bluetooth audio transmission on iPhone 7.

I tried comparing with cable vs wireless on my ipad pro. Cable sounded better. Then I used the iPhone 7, sounds about the same as cabled on iPad ... I am perplexed.
Maybe if I am trying too much it means that the quality is just fine ... (to my ears anyway)
I only listen to music from Apple Music. It is compressed sound anyway ... in AM quality, does the ad2p vs aptx or aac really make a difference ?

Feb 28, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #3,323 of 3,671
I'm using my Momentum Wireless for a bit longer than 2 months now.

Very pleasantly sounding headphones, best I've ever had for mobile use, and honestly speaking it's absolutely ok for me to replace my big rig (including HD600, Stax Lambdas, AKG K1000, Sony CD3000, AT woodies with a matching amp, multiple SS and tube amps). The ease of use is just so much better without all the cables....

Just one comment, maybe it's a common knowledge, didn't have time to go through the whole thread: this headphone seems to be really picky about the source. With my Moto g2 I had dropouts all the time, some days more, some days less, but the connection was never 100% stable.
With an Xperia X I've got recently (beginning of January) , I didn't have a single dropout.

So, if someone is experiencing some troubles with this phone, a different source might solve the problem...

Mar 9, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #3,324 of 3,671
These seem to sound better if the headphones are, I'm assuming, totally self-amped and using their own independent volume control. Case in point: setting the headphones as the output source for iTunes, then setting system output to the internal speakers. Then the headphones use their own independent volume control.

Maybe I'm just hearing things but if I set the headphones volume to max via the hard switch and use iTunes' volume slider to adjust it music seems to sound fuller and just clearer in general than it does when the Momentum is the system output, especially when I set the headphone volume to max and use the slider in iTunes rather than vice-versa.

Mar 15, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #3,325 of 3,671
Perhaps I was a bit too picky in my initial impressions: the wireless sound quality is very solid, particularly with aptX. Plus they're comfy and the ANC is quite good for those that need it. This type of clarity out of a wireless headphone is impressive, and I'm sure Bluetooth 5.0 will have zero compromises. These are very close.

Mar 16, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #3,328 of 3,671
There was one from hardware rev1 to hardware rev2, but so far Sennheiser has not released anything publicly

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mar 28, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #3,329 of 3,671
I have the wired versions, im a little confused but when i first got these there was no bass now i have had them like 4 days the bass is slowly getting better an better,this is comparing to Razer Electras was wondering how long these take to get to their max potential becase i was bummed out that they had no bass when i got them an like a hour of use they had some bass then now they have enough bass to fill what i wanted them to was wondering how long it takes for them to get where they sound really great? Forgot to mention they are gradually getting louder to an sounding more accurate for bass lines when it comes to my pioneer stereo

Mar 28, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #3,330 of 3,671
I have the wired versions, im a little confused but when i first got these there was no bass now i have had them like 4 days the bass is slowly getting better an better,this is comparing to Razer Electras was wondering how long these take to get to their max potential becase i was bummed out that they had no bass when i got them an like a hour of use they had some bass then now they have enough bass to fill what i wanted them to was wondering how long it takes for them to get where they sound really great?

It should only take a few hours for them to open up. I'm not sure how different the tuning is but the wireless version has excellent, textured sub-bass particularly in wired mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back