Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Oct 10, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #3,212 of 3,671
Any idea why the paint would just peel off? Extremes in temperature? Rubbing against the inside of the case?

I travel often so changes in pressure and temperature maybe strong factors.  Any contact with metal objects should have scratch the M2 surface, cannot explain for the entire top-coat floating off the plastic housing.  It may well be a bad manufacturing batch a year ago.  Surely, Sennheiser did not ask a lot of questions before sending me a prepaid return label.

Paul

Oct 10, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #3,213 of 3,671
The peel only happens on the wireless versions? The metalic ring on the wireless versions is fatter than on the wired versions....may i assume that the peel risk is smaller on the wired ones?

I have a pair of black wired ones. They must be 4/5 months old now. So far they are perfect but they are treted very gently and very rarely leave home.

On a couple of stores i saw display units of the 1.0 on ears with the metalic ring completely peeled off (showing the white plastic underneath). i must admit i fear that my over ear 2.0s ring may end up the same way with use .....

What is sennheiser using that stupid metalic rings on the cups anyway? The 1.0 over ear cups were made of a single piece of plastic and thats how it should be.... Just like the hd25.... For me, more parts = more problems, more creaking, etc... The new hd5*9s also have stupid metalic painted rings on the cups now .. Senny sure as f.... Likes rings on the cups.... At least put real metal when you do it....

Oct 10, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #3,215 of 3,671
I'm very curious how M2W compares with sony mdr1000x in sound and quality. Anyone compare the 2 yet?? :p

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #3,216 of 3,671
Any news on the Momentum 3 series?
The Momentum 2 series will be 2 years old come Jan'17, and the flagship M2 Wireless has fallen behind the market in features (eg. PXC-550 and MDR-1000X).

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #3,217 of 3,671
From CNet: while the sound quality (of the PXC 550) is excellent for Bluetooth, it's lacking that little bit of extra sparkle and definition (Sennheiser's own Momentum II Wireless sounds better).

I think I'm going to order that Sony to compare them. I'm a bit dissapointed with the wireless Momentums sound. But I'm really spoilt coming from a RSA Intruder and Fostex TH600....

Oh, there is no Momentum 2 wireless, to avoid confusion. It's just the M Wireless.

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #3,219 of 3,671
I am seriously considering these headphones. Want ANC, but am willing to take less ANC (vs Bose etc) to get better sound. These sound like that headphone - lighter ANC so that SQ can be higher. To anyone who has flown with these vs Bose or even the Senn PXC series, can you describe how the ANC compares? I know it will be less, but just want to make sure it it at least moderately effective. Thanks.

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #3,220 of 3,671
I am seriously considering these headphones. Want ANC, but am willing to take less ANC (vs Bose etc) to get better sound. These sound like that headphone - lighter ANC so that SQ can be higher. To anyone who has flown with these vs Bose or even the Senn PXC series, can you describe how the ANC compares? I know it will be less, but just want to make sure it it at least moderately effective. Thanks.

Flown with M2 many times for JFK to HKG.  ANC works well under most occasions except for rough patches in the air.  Baby and loud conversations will get through.  M2 works better for me than in-ear like Shure se846.
If you are flying a lot, I recommend QC35 over the M2.  The ANC is way better and the sound is terrific.  They have different sound signatures. While the M2 works better for me at home, travels on trains and planes served better with the top Bose.
I run with the M2.

Paul

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #3,221 of 3,671
I've tried the QC35 in the store and didn't like the SQ. Haven't tried the Momentum wireless, but did listen to the M2 and liked it much better. If the M wireless sound like the M2, I'd much prefer this over QC35. I don't fly a lot - monthly.

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #3,222 of 3,671
I too am considering these headphones. Have a pair of harman bt's that i find to be so uncomfortable that i dont use them. The best headphones i got are my hd 600 and i would like my next pair to be a bit of a step up. Wireles is convenient and so is the noise cancellation but what does it do to the sound i wonder. The m2 wireless can not be used without the NC activated i have read. A pair of bose 35 can i can test in a lot of shops over here but no sennheiser demo to be found.

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #3,223 of 3,671
The Momentum 2.0 Wireless are amongst the best Sounding Bluetooth headphones available, for sound quality alone.

HOWEVER, they do not support AAC and neither do the Senn PXC550. If you are using them with Apple iPhone/iPad/iPod then you are better off getting Bluetooth Headphones that support AAC.

It is a shame Apple do not incorporate AptX into iOS devices. They are not against it as the Apple Mac Computers do support both AptX and AAC codecs.

Also it is a shame Sennhieser have not added AAC codec into Sennhieser Bluetooth headphones. Both B&O and Bowers & Wilkins - Bluetooth headphones support both AptX and AAC.

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #3,224 of 3,671
Does anyone know if the earcups are the same size for M2 and M2 AEBT?!?!

I had the AEBT prior but returned them due to the ANC being too much and now have the M2's but they look and feel slightly smaller. Is this just me, or?? 

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #3,225 of 3,671
Been using this headset for a few months now, love it! I do have one issue however. I can't seem to use it in skype/discord/voice chat?

It's like it doesn't work like a headset for PC, all I can do is listen to music on it. Do I have to download a certain driver or something? When I change the input to Momentum 2 in, let's say discord, the noise cancellation disappears and instead it plays the noices outside back to me, also I don't get any sound from the PC, so I can't hear other voices or music.

Anyone have a solution? Should I just use a cable when doing voice chat on PC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back