Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Nov 29, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #3,241 of 3,671
Another last question before I grab it

Can I walk outside freely with it? What I mean is,
should I be scared of exposing it to the outside or something, I'm not just talking about on flights or train rides, but rather a 10 min walk to the train station everyday with dust/heat/humidity what ever being in some contact with it, rather than purely sterile environment like airport/train station /home

I've used it for daily commuting and flying throughout its entire lifecycle and had no structural/condition issues.

Nov 30, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #3,242 of 3,671
Wireless Momentums a bad idea for the gym? lol Though from what I've heard at a Best Buy demo (hooked up to a low quality source) the V-MODA demo sounded better than the Momentums so I doubt I'd jump ship.

Nov 30, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #3,243 of 3,671
  Wireless Momentums a bad idea for the gym? lol Though from what I've heard at a Best Buy demo (hooked up to a low quality source) the V-MODA demo sounded better than the Momentums so I doubt I'd jump ship.

The leather might not get on with sweat. But other than that, why not?

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #3,244 of 3,671

The leather might not get on with sweat. But other than that, why not?

I use them in all places, gym included. I have had them for quite some time and the leather has started smelling sweaty. I will say I was not religious about drying them after each use and I believe that would help. The leather is still in quite good shape and doesn't really show much wear.

Dec 2, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #3,246 of 3,671

I used/sometimes still use them at the gym, not for any super sweaty stuff though, only weightlifting, and I usually take them off about halfway through my session when I get sweaty because over ear headphones aren't very comfortable while sweaty. 

The pads are still in great condition, and they don't smell like other people here are reporting. That seems strange.

Dec 9, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #3,247 of 3,671
A&Bing between the 2.0 and the original "over ear momentum and its really hard to decide wich is better.....
If i had to pick one (wich i probably will have to since its stupid to keep one of them just as a collectors piece) i probably would pick the 2.0 but mostly due to confort.

They both sound very similar of course but to me the original momentum seems to have better vocals (when conparing the 2.0s the vocals sound a tad more thin, slightly more in the back and a tiny more shouty), electric guitara sound a tar warmer and with a tad more resolution and despite having a smaller soundstage thr original momentum seems to have a bit better placement of instruments and better left to right (and vice versa) switching of the sounds. The original momentum seems a tad warmer but at the same time with more resolution and detail retrieval. But if course the fit f..... Up all of the experience.....

Please keep in mind that i am talking about the wired versions and that the differences are marginal. Both headphones obviously mostly sound the same and are differences are only noticeable when conparing both.

Wich do you guys think is the better momentum? :)

Dec 11, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #3,248 of 3,671
  After a recent trip to Hong Kong, my Momentum 2 Wireless had the peeling metallic paint others have wrote about.

Not sure what caused it.  Could be my classes, hair, the charging cables or cabin pressure.  Whatever it was, only one side was peeling.
Anyway, I sent this JPEG to Sennheiser on August 31, they immediately ask me to send the headphone in for service.
I received a brand new unit today.

Paul

Is this happening on all versions or just the wireless ones?

Question.... now everybody uses the term mid fi..... been seing that used a lot on the thread of the new hd598cs..... if those are mid fi, what are the momentums? Just curious..... :)

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #3,249 of 3,671
I see many are concerned with the factor that the M2 ANC can't be turned off with BT mode on. I have been using these spectacular cans for several months, it has little sound leakage, a metal and leather construct, and an ANC which is modest but not sacrificing the sound quality, i do believe the Germans have designed them with some real effort. I would like to address some concerns mentioned above. I am sure these cans are for on-the-go use, the classy material speaks for itseff, so why turn off the ANC. I believe the dac inside the cans is carefullly calibrated with the ANC function, so turning it off gives you some lousy version of the built-in dac for sure, and with the ambient noise, it must have compromised the sound quality more than the ANC itself. Just plug in the wire if you are using it in some quiet environment., in this case i think ANC is barely operating to degrade your sound quality.

I tried using the iphone6s plus wired to the M2 directly (F.Y.I, interconnecting another external dac is never the on-the-go purpose) thus deactivating the ANC on my transit and the BT with ANC experience is superior. For people using the cans at home, just don't buy these cans, the extra cash for these cans are for the superior built in dac and the vintage design. My verdict is that it is a pair of on-the-go wireless headphone with great quality and wired to a nice dac at home, it gives you some nice experience if you want to add a pair of nice closed back headphone since your open backed headphones just keeps annoying your roommates.

Dec 16, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #3,250 of 3,671
hi there!!

here a new owner of a momentum 2.0 wired. by the moment, two things to ask:

1. is it possible to change pads for other less "warmer", like brainwavz or similar?
2. I have a v-moda boom pro, but I noticed that I can't connect it to my headphone. How could I do this? Buying some kind of adaptor?

Dec 17, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #3,251 of 3,671
I see many are concerned with the factor that the M2 ANC can't be turned off with BT mode on. I have been using these spectacular cans for several months, it has little sound leakage, a metal and leather construct, and an ANC which is modest but not sacrificing the sound quality, i do believe the Germans have designed them with some real effort. I would like to address some concerns mentioned above. I am sure these cans are for on-the-go use, the classy material speaks for itseff, so why turn off the ANC. I believe the dac inside the cans is carefullly calibrated with the ANC function, so turning it off gives you some lousy version of the built-in dac for sure, and with the ambient noise, it must have compromised the sound quality more than the ANC itself. Just plug in the wire if you are using it in some quiet environment., in this case i think ANC is barely operating to degrade your sound quality.

I tried using the iphone6s plus wired to the M2 directly (F.Y.I, interconnecting another external dac is never the on-the-go purpose) thus deactivating the ANC on my transit and the BT with ANC experience is superior. For people using the cans at home, just don't buy these cans, the extra cash for these cans are for the superior built in dac and the vintage design. My verdict is that it is a pair of on-the-go wireless headphone with great quality and wired to a nice dac at home, it gives you some nice experience if you want to add a pair of nice closed back headphone since your open backed headphones just keeps annoying your roommates.

Thanks for your insight. I was looking at Bose qc35 origibally but read that ANC cant be turned off and ANC isnt for everyone so i turned to M2 wireless only to find out it cant be turned off too :frowning2: Will ausition both if them hopefully mext week. Cheers

Dec 19, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #3,252 of 3,671
Bought a pair of M2 over ear wireless. Feel disappointed. Had M1 on ear before. They sounded way better for my ears.
this one are missing both high end and low end for me.
Here is a comparison I found online that is inline with my observations.
http://graphs.headphone.com/index.php?graphID%5B0%5D=3951&graphID%5B1%5D=4193&graphID%5B2%5D=&graphID%5B3%5D=&scale=30&graphType=0&buttonSelection=Update+Graph

Not sure if I should returned them and there good ANC wirelesses headphones with sound similar to audiotechnica M50 or M1 on ear.

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #3,253 of 3,671
Thanks all, I found the Momentum 2.0 Wireless at an unbeatable price (better than Amazon's $329 deal) to clear out stock so I reserved a pair, hoping to hear a demo in a store paired to my phone before taking it home. Amazing deal, but I've come to find I like a lot of non-muddy bass. I have concerns about possibly having too much lack of bass compared to M-100 or even Solo3. Also concerned it doesn't support the AAC codec. Will 256kbps AAC from an iPhone/Mac sound inferior due to this? To top it off, not a fan that the ANC can't be disabled. Love the design and hopefully the sound as well based on reviews.

Call me a non-audiophile, but I do find the thump of the Solo3 irresistible without being overpowering or muddy while still having clear mids and a treble that I find improves with every listen. I almost feel so crazy for potentially wanting to keep the Solo3 over the Momentum 2.0 Wireless without hearing it when I can get the Momentum 2.0 for just a little more if I do go through with my order pickup that I didn't want to post about it here. I love clarity and soundstage, but I also love a strong coherent bass response. Based on most reviews it does seem the bass and sub-bass on the Momentum 2.0 are strong, but I'm not sure whether they're exaggerating. I have no doubt the Momentum 2.0 are the better headphones, but Solo3 has some potential advantages over it including a seamless connection, twice the battery life, AAC codec support (which could make it sound better with iOS devices, potentially) and possibly a more accentuated bass. Though I do feel crazy for wanting to keep the Solo3 without even trying the Momentum 2.0 Wireless at a clearance price.

Perhaps I am crazy for liking the Solo3 a lot, and having mixed feelings about getting the Momentum 2.0 for almost the same price in a clearance deal that sold out within 30 minutes since then I'll have to return one of them. But wow, the bass is powerful without being muddy and the mids are crystal clear in most songs. Some reviewers even seem to have a more positive opinion of the Solo3, but obviously the Momentum has a beautiful leather-and-metal build. Expecting it to be better, but I question audio reviews these days.

Though I don't like EQ as I prefer the manufacturer's sound signature, Sennheiser does have an app to modify sound so maybe that will give me the accentuated bass I desire if the stock sound isn't accentuated enough for my taste.

That being said, if I do follow through with it and don't find it suits my needs, instead of returning such a great deal would anyone want to buy it open box lightly-used? I'd sell it for the same deal I bought it for, which is its best-ever price. (PM me.)

Dec 20, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #3,254 of 3,671
If I decide not to test the Momentum, I would also be willing to sell them brand new and sealed. Make an offer if interested in case I find I don't need to test them or am able to test a demo in-store.

Dec 25, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #3,255 of 3,671
I'm encountering an issue that others had mentioned regarding the bluetooth connection with a Mac. However, my issue does not center on sound quality. I can't even pair the headphones with my Mac. The headphones don't show up as a pairable device on my Mac's bluetooth interface.

Any advice on how to resolve this issue (if it's even possible to do so) would be much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back